Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that is where the gm solonoid comes into play
Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
In this evenings cooler air I saw a little more boost, and I watched it close. I am getting this increase of boost straight thru to about 5000-5500 ( I will log it as soon as I remember to) and then tapering. I know this sounds dumb, but is there a way to port the BCS to let it bleed more air? I mean why spend money if the stock system is so adjustable?
http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...ersal/ebcs.htm

perrin has an EDBC that I have been debating on trying. It's supposed to work in place of the stock solinoid, and they specifically mention ECUTEK by name as one of the products that will work with this EDBC.

If it works with ECUTEK, I see no reason we can't use ECUFlash instead. I have been debating on using this, so I am really curious about the outcome of andenbre results after you took out your restrictor.

BTW, can you post what your Boost limits table looks like? I would like to compare those values to a stock rom.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

In this evenings cooler air I saw a little more boost, and I watched it close. I am getting this increase of boost straight thru to about 5000-5500 ( I will log it as soon as I remember to) and then tapering. I know this sounds dumb, but is there a way to port the BCS to let it bleed more air? I mean why spend money if the stock system is so adjustable?
All you need is an adjustable bleed valve to plumb in before the solenoid then you can rough in the boost with the bleed valve and fine tune with the solenoid. I'm using the one that came with my utec.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chrisw
http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...ersal/ebcs.htm

perrin has an EDBC that I have been debating on trying. It's supposed to work in place of the stock solinoid, and they specifically mention ECUTEK by name as one of the products that will work with this EDBC.

If it works with ECUTEK, I see no reason we can't use ECUFlash instead. I have been debating on using this, so I am really curious about the outcome of andenbre results after you took out your restrictor.

BTW, can you post what your Boost limits table looks like? I would like to compare those values to a stock rom.
damn that looks nice and for only $89... I may have to give that a shot.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by mad_VIII
All you need is an adjustable bleed valve to plumb in before the solenoid then you can rough in the boost with the bleed valve and fine tune with the solenoid. I'm using the one that came with my utec.
This is what I had decided today at work actually. As far as my boost tables, thats easy. EVERYTHING IS MAXED, and the boost error correction table starts off stock and ends up at -4 by the end. I figured out why my car didnt hit its normal 23 at peak torwue (only hit 19 if you recall), it wasnt all the way warmed up. Now it hits 25 and holds it as previously advertised.

I am currently on a Perrin parts strike for personal reasons, so I wont be using their product. However if someone has used the GM three port or has an idea of how to integrate I am interested in this.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
This is what I had decided today at work actually. As far as my boost tables, thats easy. EVERYTHING IS MAXED, and the boost error correction table starts off stock and ends up at -4 by the end. I figured out why my car didnt hit its normal 23 at peak torwue (only hit 19 if you recall), it wasnt all the way warmed up. Now it hits 25 and holds it as previously advertised.

I am currently on a Perrin parts strike for personal reasons, so I wont be using their product. However if someone has used the GM three port or has an idea of how to integrate I am interested in this.
I believe MalibuJack has used the GM silonoid