ECU Flash

Un-associating deffinition files

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Un-associating deffinition files

Hi

I'm trying to workout how to un-associate the deffinition files from a ROM image. This is so I can quickly try to see if any existing deffinition files match a new ROM image. I'm not having much luck doing this and I suspect I'm missing some thng obvious.

Say for example I have a JDM Evo 8 image and want to see if any of the USDM XML files give me a good match, so far the first one I associate with the ROM image is the one it will always be opened with, where can I edit the "inherits" part in the ROM info so I can change the XML files used.

MB
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you've populated all the details/ID it will save in the appropriate folder eg as 88570008.xml . Then you could delete the appropriate file if you want to try new inheritance.

If you leave the ID or other details unpopulated, it might save it as undefined.xml in the root of rommetadata. In this case deletion of that file, keeping a copy somewhere else can help.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 08:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have this problem frequently also.. Although the import wizard does a decent job of finding the ECUID, you **HAVE** to associate it with something when you open it. I think Colby needs to give you the option of changing the association easily from the menu.

This is especially true if some of you guys are getting through the e-mail reflashes, where you get back files that are impossible to associate with a definition and appear scrambled.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Hi

I've been moveing the XML file out of the rommedata/mitsi/evo folder to another, in a way this helps keep track of those XMLs that you've tried, but it's not very ellegant It would be much nicer to do this from within ECUflash itself. I would heve thought there would be a tracking file, I would have doubted that the exe would be modified and I can't find anything in the xml itself.

MB
Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you have to delete the undefined.xml file under the ecuflash software
Old Oct 14, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by elhalisf
you have to delete the undefined.xml file under the ecuflash software
Hi

I've been using the "inherit from" in the drop down menu, so I don't have an undefine XML. I'm looking for a quick way t try all the exsisting xml's against a new ROM, rather then deffining from scratch or inheriting from the evo7base.

MB