Notices
ECU Flash

Are base e_flashes interchangeable.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Its okay, most tuners have a way to easily identify who's car a flash might originate from.. Most watermark their work uniquely in some way. It won't prevent copying, but if its brought to their attention, they can tell where it originated from.

For any tuners who don't have a way to do it, PM Me since I have been considering writing a tool to do this so it doesnt have to be done manually.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just beause of guys like this is why I no longer promote the eflash

A few bad apples make it a very smiley stew

(for reference - all my E FLASH ! maps come with a license agreement and are protected intelectual property - transferin them may subject you to a law suit)

Al
Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tuffguy
Thanks jackass. Way to give them ideas.

An eflash is only $50. How much of a tightass would you have to be to jack a $50 eflash? Oooh, I'll split it with you. You pay $25 and I'll pay $25. Sweet!

Now they're probably gonna raise the prices just to cover themselves for idiots who steal their work. Way to ruin it for everyone.
For this reason, there have been serious talks of raising eflash pricing to $149. Regardless of who gets along with one another, we have all been part of this discussion. I have been slow to give in, but posts like these give me a firm shove in the other direction. The forum can thank you if the professional tuners decide to unanimously accept this new minimum pricing model.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:49 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ant_turbo
Can I flash my e_flash in some ones elses evo_9 with the same mods as mines,,,

Ant turbo

I have just taken the liberty to VOID your Dyno Flash warranty on your ecu

and

Your FREE update flashses and updates for the life of your car have also just been terminated

Dyno Flash will not touch your ecu or car again

Thanks for being a thief

AL
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Just pay for one yourself then you can at least blame the tuner if they blow up your car . Als right these tuners offer these flashes this way as a convinence to us and ask that we keep them to ourselves. For 50 bucks and a tuner having my back in future mods tuning wise Ill take it
I'm not really picking a side as to whether we should copy a tuners work or not, but to say that, "these tuners offer these flashes this way as a convinence to us" is just plain silly. They offer it because it's a 'sellable' product. It's not some charity; it's business. They offer it this way because they HAVE TO. Now that the Tactrix/OpenECU stuff is available, if they chose not to offer it at a reasonable price (and with convenient, email-based delivery), then people would just download their buddy's ECU and copy it anyway.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Yea that works for a stock car but chances are you and your buddy have different mods and his flash wont be good for your car. I think its a real convinence to us how is it not yea their making some money $50 whole dollars (which is nothing) vs a mail in which is 200 including downtime with your car so how is this not convinent (Are you kidding).

Like I said if you copy your buddys custom tuned map chances are you wont have the same mods or the mods you do have might act different on your car. There for the map you just stole from him is not optimal for your set up. IMO Al could have said hell email you a map for the same price as a mail in and people would have done it cause theres no down time. Again how is this not convinent.

Think before you post
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Ant turbo

and

Your FREE update flashses and updates for the life of your car have also just been terminated

Thanks for being a thief

AL
Hmmm seems kind of harsh since he hasnt actually done it? he just asked.....What happened to innocent until proven guilty? which our system is more geared towards guilty until proven innocent I think.

Maybe he didnt understand the license agreement? So by him asking if he could flash someone elses car with his flash you could have answered him saying its illegal, please refrain from doing that......not just go off the wall and cut his hands off.

You might as well take that away from all your customers......if your going to be such a hard a** about it.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:35 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by travman
Hmmm seems kind of harsh since he hasnt actually done it? he just asked.....What happened to innocent until proven guilty? which our system is more geared towards guilty until proven innocent I think.

Maybe he didnt understand the license agreement? So by him asking if he could flash someone elses car with his flash you could have answered him saying its illegal, please refrain from doing that......not just go off the wall and cut his hands off.

You might as well take that away from all your customers......if your going to be such a hard a** about it.
It is the tuner's intellectual creation designed to be used on the purchaser's car only and this has been factored into the pricing model. You put it on a friends car and the minimum pricing should be doubled and so on.

The industry does not take these things lightly. Merely posting about doing it shows his lack of respect for the tuner, the industry and evom, not only his lack of integrity.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
a mail in which is 200 including downtime with your car so how is this not convinent (Are you kidding).
Its funny you mention this because see complaints all the time of not getting their eflash in a timely manner lol. The only type of valid eflash in my book is the type that TTP Engineering does, that actually takes work because he gets the logs of a customers car and reviews them and decides where the changes are needed that way you actually know what the dam car is doing before sending some copy and paste bull. You do not know what condition the car is in could have boost leaks, a faulty injector which is causing random knock already who knows, But if you actually have them datalog their car since they are getting the tactrix cable anyways then you can actually find out. Other than that its just some bs you can do yourself.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:39 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mchuang
The only type of valid eflash in my book is the type that TTP Engineering does, that actually takes work because he gets the logs of a customers car and reviews them and decides where the changes are needed that way you actually know what the dam car is doing before sending some copy and paste bull. You do not know what condition the car is in could have boost leaks, a faulty injector which is causing random knock already who knows, But if you actually have them datalog their car since they are getting the tactrix cable anyways then you can actually find out. Other than that its just some bs you can do yourself.
Thank you for your input.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
For this reason, there have been serious talks of raising eflash pricing to $149. Regardless of who gets along with one another, we have all been part of this discussion. I have been slow to give in, but posts like these give me a firm shove in the other direction. The forum can thank you if the professional tuners decide to unanimously accept this new minimum pricing model.
Can you guys wait til after I buy mine?

Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tuffguy
Can you guys wait til after I buy mine?

His is worth 149 he is actually putting in work.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

I'm getting Jestr's M1 or M1 with subscription.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
All I did was ask a question if it can be done!! Becuase when I use to do perfomance eprom's for my probe turbo; my eprom's were interchangable with other probe's So I just wanted to know if that's the same case with my flash!! It doesn't mean that I downloaded it in someone's elses car!!..And about my free updates for life that's cool but if you want to viod me I guess you can do what you want it's up to you. Viod me for just asking a question wow that's suck's I better watch what I post for now on....
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Ant turbo

and

Thanks for being a thief

AL
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

I think it's a crazy that people will drop $30k on a new EVO, $3k on mods, and then balk at $50 for a tune. The e-flash service is worth $50, especially for the tuners who look at your logfiles before/after and adjust their tune accordingly.

That said, this is an Ecuflash forum and I think he asked a legitimate question from a technical perspective. "Can you take the tune from one Evo IX and apply it on another?" The technical answer is "Yes - just change the immobilizer code."

Last edited by EVOBrad; Oct 19, 2006 at 01:54 PM.