Notices
ECU Flash

low octane maps leaner?

Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low octane maps leaner?

I am currently using a map that I paid for (e-mail flash) and have noticed in my fine tuning that the low octane map is actualy leaner in most boost areas than the high octane map. this is strange to me even though the stock map seems to do it in some areas. does any body have an explanation on this?
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by andenbre
I am currently using a map that I paid for (e-mail flash) and have noticed in my fine tuning that the low octane map is actualy leaner in most boost areas than the high octane map. this is strange to me even though the stock map seems to do it in some areas. does any body have an explanation on this?
Not being able to compare your map directly I would assume the leaner tune also includes pulled timing values.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well who is the e flash from, if it is AL's he makes low and high the same. But who knows
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
its possible that the high octane maps were the only ones altered, and what your seeing is the stock maps for low octane.. since there are regions that are leaner than a modified map might be in small areas, but their richer than the stock high octane map.. This is particularly true if the load was scaled up for the high-octane map, but the same load columns show up in the low octane map, effectively shifting the map by the columns that were compressed out in the axis..

Its an easy thing to overlook.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Andre -- My guess is if you compare the specific cells in the High / Low octane and then look at Timing High / Low you will see that the timing has been retarded quite a bit...Net / net -- optimal power given the octane issue...
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

It is a Jester tune and after looking closer at the low octane timing maps yes it pulls a crap load of timing. 15 + degrees in some areas. thanks for the responses and I apoligize for the ? I could have answered myself with some clear thinking.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I looked at my stock map and the low octane map has higher (learner) numbers then the high octance map.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mchuang
Well who is the e flash from, if it is AL's he makes low and high the same. But who knows
Originally Posted by andenbre
It is a Jester tune and after looking closer at the low octane timing maps yes it pulls a crap load of timing. 15 + degrees in some areas. thanks for the responses and I apoligize for the ? I could have answered myself with some clear thinking.
Either case it's about all you could do whether mailbox or inbox
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
I looked at my stock map and the low octane map has higher (learner) numbers then the high octance map.
yeah I noticed that to. I was alittle worried when I first got my map, but when I compared it to the stocker that did a similar thing with fuel, I wasnt too concerned.
the only knock I have seen is with the boost way up, and then its not horible just needs some tweaks. @ 21-22 (on autometer guage that reads the same as the stock vdo) on 93 the highest logged was 7, with some work on my part that will go away

Search this Thread