Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is anyone running EvoScan on Windows 10 yet? I've just upgraded to a HP Spectre x360 with i7 processor and SSD drive running Windows 10 home.

Installed EvoScan v2.9.0099 and straight away noticed the log resolution is really low. E.g. am only seeing ~6 log entries per second instead of just over 30/second on my old laptop.

I've checked for malware and removed all the other bloatware which can put load on the system. Baudrate is set to 15625 in EvoScan. This is running a 1.3u cable.

Any other settings I should check in EvoScan? Disabling 'Log to Screen' doesn't help.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Make sure multithreading and CPU fix are not selected.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

No CPU Timer Fix and Disable MultiThreading are both de-selected.

It's showing the received data at 174/sec. Still only about 13-15 rows in Excel per second instead of the 30 I've seen before, but it has improved a little.

Last edited by Eisen7; Sep 14, 2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 07:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Eisen7
No CPU Timer Fix and Disable MultiThreading are both de-selected.

It's showing the received data at 174/sec. Still only about 13-15 rows in Excel per second instead of the 30 I've seen before, so it has improved a little.
"Disable Multithreading" needs to be selected (not deselected).
Old Sep 15, 2015, 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for clarifying mrfred. Tried it again tonight ensuring 'Disable MultiThreading' is definitely ticked. Best I can get out of it with everything I want to log is about 11-12 log entries/sec. This was logging the following:

TPS
RPM
Knock Voltage
Knock Sum
Timing Adv
MAP (Omni 4bar)
Load 1Byte
Wideband
Air Temp
AFR Map
IPW
Injector Duty

Too many perhaps?

I tried switching off a few items and it jumped up to ~25/sec. Problem is, I need to log IPW and Injector Duty to keep an eye on duty as am switching to a higher ethanol content fuel with injectors close to their limit.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just happened to stumble across this but I am not getting many log writes a second either. I am 7-8 on an i7 laptop. I do not have an SSD though. Does that make a big difference? I will try to disable multithreading and CPU Timer Fix and see if that helps. Does disabling Log to Screen and just writing straight to the file help a lot?

I just thought of something to check and I'll check it out on my laptop as well. If a virus scanner is scanning the file as it's trying to write to it that will slow things down a lot so make sure to exclude your logging folder from any live virus scanners.

Last edited by ridenrunwv; Sep 20, 2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 08:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by ridenrunwv
I just happened to stumble across this but I am not getting many log writes a second either. I am 7-8 on an i7 laptop. I do not have an SSD though. Does that make a big difference? I will try to disable multithreading and CPU Timer Fix and see if that helps. Does disabling Log to Screen and just writing straight to the file help a lot?
Definitely disable multithreading, and disabling Log to Screen makes a very big difference. Keep in mind though that on an Evo 8/9, EvoScan can request data faster than the ECU can provide it. My recollection is that it starts happening for more than about 12 lines per second of data (loops per second through the data list).
Old Oct 1, 2015, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right spot... I recently bought an Evo IX tuned by Buschur with pump and E85 tunes on stock ECU. I was told I need a MAP switch to change between tunes, and to use the switch I would need ECUflash and Tephra v7. I downloaded ECUflash and, just a forewarning I know very little about computers so bare with me, I have no idea how to get Tephra onto ECUflash, and I have no idea what the acronyms mean that are being thrown around (ROM, XML etc). I'm not looking to tune the car myself all I want to do is switch between the E85 and pump tunes that are on the ECU right now. Any info on how to do all this? I tried searching on google and the forums for a few days now, but couldn't find anything close to what I was asking...
Old Oct 1, 2015, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turndown
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right spot... I recently bought an Evo IX tuned by Buschur with pump and E85 tunes on stock ECU. I was told I need a MAP switch to change between tunes, and to use the switch I would need ECUflash and Tephra v7. I downloaded ECUflash and, just a forewarning I know very little about computers so bare with me, I have no idea how to get Tephra onto ECUflash, and I have no idea what the acronyms mean that are being thrown around (ROM, XML etc). I'm not looking to tune the car myself all I want to do is switch between the E85 and pump tunes that are on the ECU right now. Any info on how to do all this? I tried searching on google and the forums for a few days now, but couldn't find anything close to what I was asking...
If it was setup properly you should be able to sit with the engine off but the key in the 'on' position while holding the gas pedal down until it starts flashing.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
If it was setup properly you should be able to sit with the engine off but the key in the 'on' position while holding the gas pedal down until it starts flashing.
Okay so it sounds like something I'd have to talk to Buschur about directly then to figure out how it was set up when it was tuned. Would trying that without getting an answer from Buschur do any harm to the car if it wasn't set up to do that? I e-mailed them a week or so ago and still haven't gotten a response so I may try calling again, but in the meantime I'd like to try that if it won't harm anything
Old Oct 1, 2015, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Shouldn't hurt anything. If the CEL flashes then it's switching maps. If you switch maps and pay no attention to the huge change in AFR and take off in the car then you might do damage. Should be very noticeable if you're on the wrong tune. CEL will flash fast for one time and slow for the other so just learn which is which.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ridenrunwv
Shouldn't hurt anything. If the CEL flashes then it's switching maps. If you switch maps and pay no attention to the huge change in AFR and take off in the car then you might do damage. Should be very noticeable if you're on the wrong tune. CEL will flash fast for one time and slow for the other so just learn which is which.
Awesome thanks for the help! I'm new to the Evo world if you couldn't tell haha Learning as I go...
Old Oct 9, 2015, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
hi guys , having an issue.

When i change the MUT II efi file to a custom MUTII efi file.
The evoscan doesnt work, the setup starts installing , it wants the installation cd.

need your assistance.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 06:11 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mines5
hi guys , having an issue.

When i change the MUT II efi file to a custom MUTII efi file.
The evoscan doesnt work, the setup starts installing , it wants the installation cd.

need your assistance.
Hey mines, this is standard windows behaviour. if you move or delete the original .MSI installer file, then the windows subsystem can not repair any files in your c:\program files(x86)\evoscan\ folder

if you can't remember where you last left the msi file, and can't put it back. then you should just uninstall evoscan, and reinstall it. this time leave the msi file in the same place so that the msi auto repair can find it next time the files have been modified in the program files folder.. Microsoft designed it this way so that nothing can go accidentally go wrong with the programs protected inside the program files installation folder.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I recently had to format my laptop & had to reinstall all software including evoscan (v2.9). Now I'm experiencing an issue when logging knock only when logging Ceddy roms. When I start the logger the knock count slot would go blank for a moment & then it would remain at 0 even when knock counts occur!
Knock counts are still getting registered in csv files & the CEL/knock function is working fine when knock occurs. Evoscan is failing to read knock counts in real time, knock count is always frozen at 0 while all other parameters seem to work fine.
I updated my evoscan to the latest version but it didn't fix the issue.
I emailed evoscan tech support a while ago & got no reply!

Knock reading is perfectly fine when choosing 'EFI' rather than 'EFI Ceddy Mod' from the ECU select menu!

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions