Please post ECUFlash/Evoscan/Mitsulogger Questions - Page 115 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community



Please post ECUFlash/Evoscan/Mitsulogger Questions

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 18, 2017, 05:12 AM   #1711
Evolved Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Evo8Emperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 03 Evo 8, 01 Honda 929RR

Crank signal values in evoscan

Hey guys. Got a question.

Just getting back into the scene again and curious what crank signal should read in evo scan while cranking the car ?

any info would be great having a serious no start issue.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2017, 06:37 AM   #1712
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: up north in the sticks
Posts: 45
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2012 GSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor View Post
Hey guys. Got a question.

Just getting back into the scene again and curious what crank signal should read in evo scan while cranking the car ?

any info would be great having a serious no start issue.
Firstly have you checked the signal at the crankshaft position sensor?
It's a Hall Effect sensor and you would put a multimeter set to DC Volts.
Connect the + lead to pin 3, - lead to pin 2.
Better yet find 8 & 24 on B-09. The sensor must be in circuit and getting 5 volts to test.

Roll the engine and look for voltage fluctuating from around 5 volts to 0 as it rolls.

I'll have to look at evoscan to see if the signal is present there. I'm going to the source of the signal.

Get back soon. I'm an EE and love electronics. Electronics that works when it should!
Attached Thumbnails
Please post ECUFlash/Evoscan/Mitsulogger Questions-cps.jpg  
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2017, 08:31 AM   #1713
Newbie
 
i8Godzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Drives: 2005 Evolution VIII SSL

oooook. I have been reading and reading and reading and reading. pictures could explain a thousand words! so true. I have read and have no problem doing so. I actually gain a ton from doing it. but enough is enough because the answer is unclear. or I'm too DERP and didn't get it... possible.
I have a 2005 evo8 with 0011 rom. from what I gather is most switch to 0006 rom https://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/96530006#Download this helped me understand better and weed out the crap.
so here I am asking for some guidance. seems as through typing and reading a lot of info is missed vs a video explaining the steps. and once I figure this out ill be making a video explaining the "simple" part most likely.
TephraMOD-94170715-v7 is what I originally was told to download and is that the wrong one? I think it is. so here is where I am. struggling without pictures and a spoon any help much appreciated. I feel like my simple questions could be answered in 5-10 min on the phone.
which tephra rom should I be getting and unzipping. unclear can I use 15 or 06 or just the 06?
I have tactrix 2.0 ecuflash and purchased evoscan. the car came with zeitronix lcd screen with wb, sd, and egt#2runner .zeitronix logs fine I have the serial to usb cable and drivers installed and working properly

Last edited by i8Godzilla; Sep 27, 2017 at 09:38 AM.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:58 AM   #1714
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Project_Broke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 134
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Drives: EVO IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8Godzilla View Post
oooook. I have been reading and reading and reading and reading. pictures could explain a thousand words! so true. I have read and have no problem doing so. I actually gain a ton from doing it. but enough is enough because the answer is unclear. or I'm too DERP and didn't get it... possible.
I have a 2005 evo8 with 0011 rom. from what I gather is most switch to 0006 rom https://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/96530006#Download this helped me understand better and weed out the crap.
so here I am asking for some guidance. seems as through typing and reading a lot of info is missed vs a video explaining the steps. and once I figure this out ill be making a video explaining the "simple" part most likely.
TephraMOD-94170715-v7 is what I originally was told to download and is that the wrong one? I think it is. so here is where I am. struggling without pictures and a spoon any help much appreciated. I feel like my simple questions could be answered in 5-10 min on the phone.
which tephra rom should I be getting and unzipping. unclear can I use 15 or 06 or just the 06?
I have tactrix 2.0 ecuflash and purchased evoscan. the car came with zeitronix lcd screen with wb, sd, and egt#2runner .zeitronix logs fine I have the serial to usb cable and drivers installed and working properly
You can use either.

94170715 is what I would use with V7. Works all on years of USDM Evos IFIRC.

96530006 is an EDM version of the ROM used in your evo, needs some minor changes to work correctly. But I think it's the go-to due to functionality.

Note that one map is Tephra's, and the other is stock mitsu. Do you want to run Tephramod, that is the question you have to ask to answer which map you need.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Project_Broke For This Useful Post:
i8Godzilla (Sep 27, 2017)
Old Sep 27, 2017, 01:48 PM   #1715
Newbie
 
i8Godzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Drives: 2005 Evolution VIII SSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Broke View Post
You can use either.

94170715 is what I would use with V7. Works all on years of USDM Evos IFIRC.

96530006 is an EDM version of the ROM used in your evo, needs some minor changes to work correctly. But I think it's the go-to due to functionality.

Note that one map is Tephra's, and the other is stock mitsu. Do you want to run Tephramod, that is the question you have to ask to answer which map you need.
ok so there it is answered my question I can use either 0715 or 0006.

and that answer question I don't really know which maps I need.. the car as of now has a tune on it. who, what, and where it came from I don't know. it seems to be a fairly good tune just from driving and watching the lcd display vac/boost, egt, and afr. I would like to start logging/tuning and understanding it for myself. I know it isn't easy and don't expect it to be. I expect it to be fun and intriguing and challenging at times.

My NOOB opinion and educated guess is that no I don't need the tephra maps. with the small mods that came on my car it wouldn't be absolutely necessary to switch to the bigger maps and more options, if I'm correct.
MODS: injen uicp, injen carb approved intake pipe w/maf adaptor, recirc evoX bov, 3" catback, ztx sensors-egt#2runner,wb,and 3.5bar map sensor.

However I would also like to know my way around a potentially better rom. so for learning to tune I'm not sure where to start as far as which maps. after opening the roms and looking at the highoctanefuelmaps side by side its quite the difference and I'm sure there is TONS more options then just that.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 03:51 AM   #1716
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Project_Broke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 134
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Drives: EVO IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8Godzilla View Post
ok so there it is answered my question I can use either 0715 or 0006.

and that answer question I don't really know which maps I need.. the car as of now has a tune on it. who, what, and where it came from I don't know. it seems to be a fairly good tune just from driving and watching the lcd display vac/boost, egt, and afr. I would like to start logging/tuning and understanding it for myself. I know it isn't easy and don't expect it to be. I expect it to be fun and intriguing and challenging at times.

My NOOB opinion and educated guess is that no I don't need the tephra maps. with the small mods that came on my car it wouldn't be absolutely necessary to switch to the bigger maps and more options, if I'm correct.
MODS: injen uicp, injen carb approved intake pipe w/maf adaptor, recirc evoX bov, 3" catback, ztx sensors-egt#2runner,wb,and 3.5bar map sensor.

However I would also like to know my way around a potentially better rom. so for learning to tune I'm not sure where to start as far as which maps. after opening the roms and looking at the highoctanefuelmaps side by side its quite the difference and I'm sure there is TONS more options then just that.
Make sure you copy everything from your current tune to the rom that you use. Otherwise you may cause issues with the car.

Those roms include the stock mapping of the car, it's a good base map to work with but it wont have the immobilizer code and some small changes that your car may need in order to run correctly.

I myself much prefer Tephramod to the standard maps, and that is what I started tuning with. After you get the hang of it, it's muscle memory.

Read some of the guides around here, Merlins is a good one to start with.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Project_Broke For This Useful Post:
i8Godzilla (Oct 1, 2017)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 07:50 AM   #1717
Newbie
 
i8Godzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Drives: 2005 Evolution VIII SSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Broke View Post
Make sure you copy everything from your current tune to the rom that you use. Otherwise you may cause issues with the car.

Those roms include the stock mapping of the car, it's a good base map to work with but it wont have the immobilizer code and some small changes that your car may need in order to run correctly.

I myself much prefer Tephramod to the standard maps, and that is what I started tuning with. After you get the hang of it, it's muscle memory.

Read some of the guides around here, Merlins is a good one to start with.
Thank you! appreciate it and yes I have read the Merlin's Guide (good read and will reference this periodically) and quite a few other tuning links and guides on here. find myself eating up the information!!! NOMNOMNOM
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread BLKRalliArt04 04-06 Ralliart General 713 Jul 22, 2017 08:32 AM
2015 Double din question Spartacus644 Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security 2 Mar 22, 2016 04:20 AM
Members helping members.. Speedlimit EvoM Announcements 4 Feb 4, 2016 07:59 PM
The is it safe to use this mod with this map thread :) Mad_SB 09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain 16 Nov 6, 2015 07:51 PM


Tags
099, ams, cable, download, ecuflash, empty, evo, evolution, evoscan, files, image, rom, software, turbo, utec, vista, work, xs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: