Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007, 06:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
I was experimenting with ECUFlash 1.3 in the hopes of being to mess with mitsulogger, but it is giving me the same message. Do I need to have ECUFlash running in order to run mitsulogger? I thought I read somewhere that you have to close ECUFlash in order to run mitsulogger.

The DRIVERS HAVE TO BE INSTALLED, if you don't have a cable, you have no way of getting those drivers installed initially. Once the drivers are installed, everything will do what its supposed to.

ECUFlash and Mitsulogger can be run at the same time AS LONG as your not trying to flash at the same time the logger is running. This is because Mitsulogger disconnects completely from the port when your not logging so it can release the cable for ECUFlash. This tool was built from the ground up as a tuner tool, and was intended to cooperate with the apps being running and minimized. The reason for this is because tuners frequently will log data, quickly analyze it, then update a map several times. It becomes frustrating to open and close apps to make quick changes, so I wrote mitsulogger so its not necessary.

In general, any device that takes control of the cable and always stays connected, will conflict with other apps that do the same thing. ECUFlash releases the cable when your not flashing, and doesn't conflict with Mitsulogger for that reason.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 06:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by jrsimon27
iam hitting at peak boost load calculation of 228 this is at 3900rpms by 6000rpms iam 185 and by 7000rpms it falls to 167 ive been reading and seeing people sustain higher load calculations then what my car does what causes this?
could it be that its cause iam at a higher altitude at 3300' above sea level i see my my boost drops to 17-18psi by redline?
thanks
There are several factors, but since you altered your injector scale, you've lowered the IPW reported by the ECU, since that value is used by the load calculation, it needs to know what scale your working from (and the injector voltage latency) as running larger injectors means lower IPW, lower IPW with stock injector scale in the logger will report lower load values.

With that said, Your load values are off, but not unusually low compared to what I've seen with other scalings.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
There are several factors, but since you altered your injector scale, you've lowered the IPW reported by the ECU, since that value is used by the load calculation, it needs to know what scale your working from (and the injector voltage latency) as running larger injectors means lower IPW, lower IPW with stock injector scale in the logger will report lower load values.

With that said, Your load values are off, but not unusually low compared to what I've seen with other scalings.

having the formula different for different scale injectorswhile logging it will not have an adverse effect on knock sums and timing advance?
Old Apr 29, 2007, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline06

Anyways.. am having a problem.. everytime I try to read.. I get this message..

UNABLE TO CONNECT TO VEHICLE INTERFACE

I just recently installed the new Ecuflash version.. could this be it.. my dumb *** deleted the older version as per recommendation on the new startup wizard..

I demodified the evo a bit and wish to run a map more suitable for my mods..
BUMP for an answer..
Old May 1, 2007, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok, when I click ok after selecting mitsulogger.txt I get this error ..

"error loading data log definition. Header definition not found:"
Old May 1, 2007, 08:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 226 Likes on 155 Posts
Stupid question, but can you view the loggs real time, or do they need to be opend after the logg is complete. Ive never used it, been busy.
Old May 2, 2007, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

how do you turn down boost, which maps do you change and to what values are going to keep me at around 20 psi?
Old May 2, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

mods, can we make this a sticky please?
Old May 3, 2007, 05:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by jrsimon27
having the formula different for different scale injectorswhile logging it will not have an adverse effect on knock sums and timing advance?
Nah its just for logging and calculating a human readable load value.
Old May 3, 2007, 05:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Redline06
BUMP for an answer..
in reference to an upgrade of ECUFlash and mitsulogger not connecting to vehicle interface. Its likely a driver problem.
Old May 3, 2007, 05:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
ok, when I click ok after selecting mitsulogger.txt I get this error ..

"error loading data log definition. Header definition not found:"
Care to clarify what app? If its Data Log Lab, I'm actually surprised since the file included in the zip is the same as the one I currently use. If you had edited it, you have to be careful about spacing and stray characters as DLL tends to choke on bad formatting.
Old May 3, 2007, 05:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by joshesh
how do you turn down boost, which maps do you change and to what values are going to keep me at around 20 psi?
There is a thread specifically about modifying the boost control settings. The ECU bases its boost levels on its internal "Load" value and not any set boost value. This actually makes the most sense as altitude can affect the density of the air and 20psi of boost at sea level, is a different density than 20psi of boost in high altitude locations (Less dense, lower load) By allowing boost control to run closed loop, and allow it to match load, you will generally see similar load levels across different altitudes and weather conditions, other factors will vary but the maps will correctly do their job.

Specifically if you want to low your boost, there are 3 or 4 maps you should be looking at, one is an offset value, the other is a desired starting duty cycle, both work together to determine the load level (boost level) the turbo will run, and how responsive it will be. Very fast and responsive boost control will sometimes result in spiking, very slow will result in slow spooling, so its a balance.

But I am purposely being vague, as there is an entire thread dedicated to ECU Boost control methods.
Old May 3, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

I've tried to use EvoScan to log my LM1 today and from the log it gives me consistent 10.xx AFRs in open air (should be about 20.9 AFR in open air). Can u let me know why is that? Or I would need to make changes to the calculations?

Also I noticed that it automatically changed my baud rate from 15625 to 19200 for some reason?

sample log attached below for ref.
Attached Files
Old May 5, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

another question, on EvoScan on the bottom right corner of the program there's a function called Evo4 Stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).

If I want to check if my car has any faulty codes, is this where I check? By clicking the "Check DTCs Present"? Sorry.. I saw the word 'Evo4' so not sure if this is applicable to evo7.. whether that '4' is an evo version number or not

Help pls.
Old May 5, 2007, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erggy
another question, on EvoScan on the bottom right corner of the program there's a function called Evo4 Stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).

If I want to check if my car has any faulty codes, is this where I check? By clicking the "Check DTCs Present"? Sorry.. I saw the word 'Evo4' so not sure if this is applicable to evo7.. whether that '4' is an evo version number or not

Help pls.
I believe the DTC read/reset functionality in EvoScan doesn't work on newer Evos. I know I tried to use it when I threw my O2 sensor code from my TBE and it didn't read any codes or reset the SES light on my IX.

Instead I found this tool...

http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/dl...gory&cat_id=13

... that lets you read codes and resets the SES light using the Tactrix cable. You have to be a member of the AktiveMatrix forum to access the download, but look for the "OBD Scantech Generic" tool download in the "Data Loggers and Dashboard Apps" section. That should do the trick.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions