Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedV
I believe the DTC read/reset functionality in EvoScan doesn't work on newer Evos. I know I tried to use it when I threw my O2 sensor code from my TBE and it didn't read any codes or reset the SES light on my IX.

Instead I found this tool...

http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/dl...gory&cat_id=13

... that lets you read codes and resets the SES light using the Tactrix cable. You have to be a member of the AktiveMatrix forum to access the download, but look for the "OBD Scantech Generic" tool download in the "Data Loggers and Dashboard Apps" section. That should do the trick.

Hope that helps!
Will try the OBD ScanTech out and let you know.. thanks so much!!
Old May 8, 2007, 05:54 PM

IC sprayer parameters

I'm new to ECUflash and I havn't been able to find this question anywhere yet.

I'd like to be able to change the parameters for spraying the intercooler on my '03 Evo. I see them in the ROM metadata under 'misc' near the 'immobilizer' tab. But when I click on IC Relay Air Temp, I can't read the number because the window is too small. It says "2...". If I press "+" some 80 times it says "3...". Then I press "-" 100 times and it goes to "1...", so now I know that each click is 0.1 degrees C. Is there a way to see the numbers though?

Also, can you change the IC Relay Control Vehicle Speed? It doesn't seem like it will edit.
Old May 9, 2007, 02:19 PM

I am having trouble getting bith Mitsulogger and Evoscan to work, Mitsulogger crashes and Evoscan gets an error message.

...removed links...

Has this got something to do with .Net or other installation problems? How can I check that? If yes, how do I unistall everything and install it again (step by step)? Any setting that could be wrong?

By the way, I have managed to read out the ecu with ECUflash. The car is a 06 Evo IX (Euro, MR?).

Last edited by Zamot; Sep 27, 2007 at 06:09 AM.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
There is a thread specifically about modifying the boost control settings. The ECU bases its boost levels on its internal "Load" value and not any set boost value. This actually makes the most sense as altitude can affect the density of the air and 20psi of boost at sea level, is a different density than 20psi of boost in high altitude locations (Less dense, lower load) By allowing boost control to run closed loop, and allow it to match load, you will generally see similar load levels across different altitudes and weather conditions, other factors will vary but the maps will correctly do their job.

Specifically if you want to low your boost, there are 3 or 4 maps you should be looking at, one is an offset value, the other is a desired starting duty cycle, both work together to determine the load level (boost level) the turbo will run, and how responsive it will be. Very fast and responsive boost control will sometimes result in spiking, very slow will result in slow spooling, so its a balance.

But I am purposely being vague, as there is an entire thread dedicated to ECU Boost control methods.
Above you refer to 3 or 4 maps but you only name 2 of them: Offset value and desired starting duty cycle. I noticed my tuner changes the map Max Wastegate Duty #2 also when lowering my boost throught the ECU, is there any other maps that aid in controling boost?
Old May 10, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The boost desired engine load values added to the load offset table determine the target load.

The boost limit and limit timer tables determine the limits for overboost. If you hit loads above the values in the boost limit table for longer than the value in the timer table, the ECU will open the wastegate and reduce boost.

The max WGDC tables control the ability of the wastegate to control boost levels.

The boost correction table offsets the WGDC based on the difference between target and actual load. The static value (left) is the difference in load and the variables (right) control the amount of WGDC offset.

That should cover all of the boost control tables.
Old May 11, 2007, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Zamot
I am having trouble getting bith Mitsulogger and Evoscan to work, Mitsulogger crashes and Evoscan gets an error message.

...removed links...

Has this got something to do with .Net or other installation problems? How can I check that? If yes, how do I unistall everything and install it again (step by step)? Any setting that could be wrong?

By the way, I have managed to read out the ecu with ECUflash. The car is a 06 Evo IX (Euro, MR?).
I got an answer:
"problems with countries with comas as a decimla place holder.
i am working on the fix for this at the moment, I'll send you the new version in a few days.
i the mean time, you can get it working by setting your windows regional settings for the decimal to a . instead of the , "

Problem solvem solved, now both Evoscan and Mitsulogger are working fine!

Last edited by Zamot; Sep 27, 2007 at 06:10 AM.
Old May 11, 2007, 07:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
That is a really common problem, I usually catch those questions early on since its something that was hard to originally track down.

Mitsulogger is somewhat heavily dependent on delimters (the comma specifically) when it shares date between its modules. I have been considering sharing the data a little differently, and ultimately allowing the user to select the delimiter he wants to use instead, but I won't have the time to do that and unfortunately its a rare occurance that someone can't alter their regional decimal settings to work around it.

Its going to be quite some time before I get around to doing anything evo related. If I'm lucky I can get a minor bugfix version of mitsulogger out, but I have other pressing priorities in my life at the moment which are getting much more of my attention than the car stuff.
Old May 11, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

IDC logging?

Would this be the correct code to insert in order to log IDC% in EvoScan?

Code:
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Injector Duty Cycle" LogReference="IDC%" RequestID="00" Eval="([InjPulseWidth]*[RPM])/1200" Unit="%" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" Notes="([InjPulseWidth]*[RPM])/1200"/>
The only value I'm not really sure about is the "RequestID." I know that the 2-byte load mod uses this same request ID, as well as the load calculated formula. Can more than one item use the same request ID?
Old May 12, 2007, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey guys i'm trying to figure out how close to accurate is the road dyno graph? To what dyno does it compare to. And what are the differences between the ratios of an evo 8 5spd to an evo 9 5spd. The main reason I am asking is because we did a dyno log and we didnt change that setting. I had made 318hp and 312tq torque but that was under the specs of an evo 8. I have the 9. i also had 4 people in the car to include myself which totaled 630lbs and a half a tank of gas.

Any info is appreciated.
Old May 12, 2007, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Don't put too much faith in the numbers produced in a dyno app. They are very handy for comparisons, but not for measuring actual power.
Old May 13, 2007, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ok . i was going to get dynoed yesterday but the shop had a full list of dyno tunes and couldnt squeeze me in because they had to close at 5pm. so we did a road dyno and it gave me those numbers but with the graph setup for an evo 8.
Old May 13, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I started to tinker with lean spool and some how managed to mess something up. Now all of my maps and everyone else's as well only have a lean spool start rpm the stop rpm piece no longer shows up. I have uninstall and reinstalled the software but I am having the same problem. I tried to open the map on my work computer and the same thing shows up. How do I update the rom to recover the corrupt data?
Old May 14, 2007, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

That sounds like a definition problem, not a ROM problem. Perhaps someone here can provide you with a definition file with lean spool disabled. That might help. It's probably just a typo somewhere.
Old May 15, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is it common to have some grayed out listings/maps in developer mode?

I have Boost Enhancement Adv/Ret maps 1 &2 grayed out as well as a few others.

Last edited by EVIL_EV0; May 15, 2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old May 16, 2007, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
Would this be the correct code to insert in order to log IDC% in EvoScan?

Code:
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Injector Duty Cycle" LogReference="IDC%" RequestID="00" Eval="([InjPulseWidth]*[RPM])/1200" Unit="%" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="100" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="100" Notes="([InjPulseWidth]*[RPM])/1200"/>
The only value I'm not really sure about is the "RequestID." I know that the 2-byte load mod uses this same request ID, as well as the load calculated formula. Can more than one item use the same request ID?

Bump for a response to this. This would be such a great addition to add to evoscan. Lets all hope this will be possiable

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions