Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2006, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry for the newb question

but how can you record or save the data logged by mitsulogger or is that a feture evoscan has?

cause i wanna record my logs to send to a tuner but cant seem to figure it out

and again sorry
Old Dec 30, 2006, 07:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The files are already saved to the location specified (either default where you placed the program, or you can change it)

both Mitsulogger and Evoscan save logs to disk whenever their logging

You just take the files you collected and send them with any other relevent info to your tuner.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

ooo thanks found it
Old Jan 1, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

MJ, i am still trying to figure out how to scale my larger 680cc injectors properly using Mitsulogger. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 07:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Mitsulogger doesnt scale your injectors.. For the load calculation to work correctly you have to enter the injector scale and voltage latency values from your Rom.. It does nothing but calculate load.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

OIC, thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the PLX R-500 and tried to datalog with it and Mitsulogger at the same time. Well I started the PLXLogger and then tried to start Mitsulogger and Mitsulogger will not work. I stopped PLXLogger and tried again it wont recognize the cable. Ecuflash and Evoscan dont work either. I tried to reinstall Mitsulogger and Ecuflash and they wont work. The Tactrix cable is assigned COM8 and the PLX uses COM7.
I haved used both dataloggers simultaneously before with no problems, but that was with Ecuflash 1.29. I am now using 1.29a. I know the driver was updated for the Tactrix cable and I think that is the problem.
Could someone please explain to me how to fix this? Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Its likely that the driver for the PLX (Serial port) and driver for the Tactrix cable are now the same exact version, and therefore show up in the same "Chain" when their enumerated by Evoscan/Mitsulogger/ECUFlash

As far as I know, very little error checking is done when detecting the cable (my personal program detects the first FTDI device, not checking the serial number of the device.

ECUFlash and Mitsulogger does not use serial ports, it addresses the cable directly, therefore as long as the drivers function correctly, if you unplug the PLX serial port, everything SHOULD work, if it does not, then its likely a driver problem.

Is the PLX a USB device? or does it plug into the serial port? The order it detects the devices sometimes wreaks havoc if the applications don't adequately verify the right device.

The good news is I have fixed this in a new release of Mitsulogger v1.5, the bad news is it'll be at least 2 weeks before I'll know when I will be releasing it.

My guess is PLXLogger is doing the exact same thing, as they probably developed their code from the same FTDI sample code that most of us started with.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

First of all... Thanks to everyone for sharing your wisdom.

I'm using Mitsulogger, now that I am ready for a mail-in flash, and I hope you can answer a few questions.

1) In order to increase the recording frequency, I have removed many of the Log references, but what are the minumum references that I should measure for a good snapshot of performance before and after a Mail-in Flash?

2) When recording logs, I know to capture WOT in 3rd gear. Someone mentioned that you should start out at 2k RPMs, and take it to redline, but at 2k RPM the engine is bogged down at WOT. What is the best technique to record the best log?

Many Thanks

My-Red-RS
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:31 AM
EvoM Guru

The basics are what is needed to calculate load, Knock Sum, timing value, MAF, a few others. Honestly the frequency rate even with everything logging is more than adequate for the rate at which the mut values are updated.. Just uncheck stuff that you clearly don't really need. I find the more analysis I do, the more useful all the values (maybe a handful aren't useful to me) become.

In other words, leave most of it intact until you start analyzing data and can really "toss out" the things you really feel you don't need.

Generally a "Dyno Pull" is done from about 2000rpm, its actually a useless portion of the power band, but it gives an indication of the spool of the turbo under load. Its not essential, but it makes tuning the 3000rpm area where the turbo does like being easier. When I tune, I get the baseline tune doing that, but I do later pulls after my rough tune at different RPMs and loads/throttle positions so I can tune the entire map.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

MalibuJack... Your the man!!!

Thanks...

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
The basics are what is needed to calculate load, Knock Sum, timing value, MAF, a few others. Honestly the frequency rate even with everything logging is more than adequate for the rate at which the mut values are updated.. Just uncheck stuff that you clearly don't really need. I find the more analysis I do, the more useful all the values (maybe a handful aren't useful to me) become.

In other words, leave most of it intact until you start analyzing data and can really "toss out" the things you really feel you don't need.

Generally a "Dyno Pull" is done from about 2000rpm, its actually a useless portion of the power band, but it gives an indication of the spool of the turbo under load. Its not essential, but it makes tuning the 3000rpm area where the turbo does like being easier. When I tune, I get the baseline tune doing that, but I do later pulls after my rough tune at different RPMs and loads/throttle positions so I can tune the entire map.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i have a question,
i downloaded ecuflash from openecu.org to my laptop then i run the program and it says that i can know use my tactrix cable ok(ready to use), then i connect my tactrix cable to my laptop and inmediately it says new harware found i install it again and again and it always says that this new hardware my not work properly i then again run ecuflash and with cable connected at the end it says that tactrixcable failed to connect!
so what is wrong with my laptop? i installed it in my home computer an it works but not with my laptop? is there something iam missing here?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

did you use openport 1.3 Mitsubishi under option-> ports?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

1. Is there any benifit by using Innovate LC-1 over the Innovate LM-1 ? I allready have EcuFlash, Mitsulogger, EcuScan, ect. I am just looking for a wide band now, and have either at my disposal. thanks
Old Jan 15, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ok update: i got my laptop to work with my tactrix cable i had to repair some files on windows xp.
know my problem is that when i connect my tactrix cable to my car it says that the wizard cant help me install anything cause it doesnt recognize the rom of my ecu
my car is a jdm model evo8 rs
so what i did is i said to it to inherit it from the 2005 usdm evo8 which it did it reads out the images ok know but iam not sure if its ok what i did?
anyone else with jdm evos tried using ecuflash?
thanks

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions