Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Old Apr 6, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by metalsaber
You don't need an license # to use ECUFLash. What cable do you have? If you bought a 1.3 series cable, you need the 1.3U cable to reflash your ROM.
Yeah, the 1.3U is the one I got. I installed ECUFlash, ran it, but I don't have any options available except to open a ROM. All connectors are plugged in, tried it key on engine off, engine running, etc. No luck. I may be doing something wrong, or I'm just a big noob. Do I need to download a stock ROM from somewhere to start off?

Basically all I'm trying to do is disable the P0300 test, and force OBD II readiness so I can pass inspection. I have the 1.3U cable, ECUflash, 2004 Evo 8.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by geevolution
Yeah, the 1.3U is the one I got. I installed ECUFlash, ran it, but I don't have any options available except to open a ROM. All connectors are plugged in, tried it key on engine off, engine running, etc. No luck. I may be doing something wrong, or I'm just a big noob. Do I need to download a stock ROM from somewhere to start off?

Basically all I'm trying to do is disable the P0300 test, and force OBD II readiness so I can pass inspection. I have the 1.3U cable, ECUflash, 2004 Evo 8.
Connect both connectors to your car. Connect the cable to your laptop. Once connected, turn the key of the car to the ON position (not start). Open up ECUFLash. Go to the ECU menu. Pick Read from ECU. A window will pop open and ask you to pick the ECU you want to read. Pick the appropriate one (EVO 8 in your case). Click "OK" (I think) and it will start the reading process. IT should take about a min or two. When everything is done, it will say you can turn the key off. The ROM is now read and you can browse it.

BEFORE you touch anything, I highly recommend you Saving the ROM that is currently on it to your computer. Click the File, Save ROM as. and pick a location to save it in. That way you can always go back if something gets messed up.

Good Luck
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ilikeppie
So i finally hooked up the cable so i could log the AEM UEGO it works for about 30 seconds then the AFR reading freezes i am running windows 7 and logging with evoscan 2.6 and i have a tactrix cable 2.0
Bump
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ilikeppie
So i finally hooked up the cable so i could log the AEM UEGO it works for about 30 seconds then the AFR reading freezes i am running windows 7 and logging with evoscan 2.6 and i have a tactrix cable 2.0
evoscan 2.6 and the aem uego don't play well together, upgrade to 2.7
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Hi guys, this may be a stupid question but I was wondering if it is possible to change the default display in ECUFlash (v 1.41) so that the various groups are closed (collapsed) when a ROM file is opened? I find myself going through the whole list every time I open a file to close them all (makes it easier to navigate) which gets old after a while.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:59 AM
Account Disabled

I modified my xml for the various roms so that the common items I use are at the top under a "Mellon" group I don't use 75% of what's available in ecuflash anyway. No more scrolling all over the place and I'm much less likely to miss a setting.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Connect both connectors to your car. Connect the cable to your laptop. Once connected, turn the key of the car to the ON position (not start). Open up ECUFLash. Go to the ECU menu. Pick Read from ECU. A window will pop open and ask you to pick the ECU you want to read. Pick the appropriate one (EVO 8 in your case). Click "OK" (I think) and it will start the reading process. IT should take about a min or two. When everything is done, it will say you can turn the key off. The ROM is now read and you can browse it.

BEFORE you touch anything, I highly recommend you Saving the ROM that is currently on it to your computer. Click the File, Save ROM as. and pick a location to save it in. That way you can always go back if something gets messed up.

Good Luck
Thank you very much for your help. I ended up reinstalling the drivers and everything was working. Sorry for bombarding you with question after question, but I followed the step by step instructions and watched the videos for both the Disable p0300 test, and the force OBD II readiness patch. However when I loaded the ROM back into the car, the SES light was still on. Does that mean it didn't work? I tried navigating around ecuflash but couldn't find an option for reading codes, or for clearing them.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you very much for your help. I ended up reinstalling the drivers and everything was working. Sorry for bombarding you with question after question, but I followed the step by step instructions and watched the videos for both the Disable p0300 test, and the force OBD II readiness patch. However when I loaded the ROM back into the car, the SES light was still on. Does that mean it didn't work? I tried navigating around ecuflash but couldn't find an option for reading codes, or for clearing them.
To view a CEL code, open up Evoscan (make sure both cables are connected to your car). Turn the key to the "ON" position. In the bottom left of EvoScan, click the "Display DTC" that will pull the code from the CEL/SES. To clear it, click "Clear DTCs". That will clear the codes that are being thrown.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

To view a CEL code, open up Evoscan (make sure both cables are connected to your car). Turn the key to the "ON" position. In the bottom left of EvoScan, click the "Display DTC" that will pull the code from the CEL/SES. To clear it, click "Clear DTCs". That will clear the codes that are being thrown.
Thanks dude, after the codes are cleared, will the car still throw a code even with the patched ROM? If so, even though the SES light is on and with the patched ROM. Inspection shouldn't be a problem right? Or would I still fail?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

the code will come back if you don't fix the problem, or turn off the code but tell it to read ok.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nothere
the code will come back if you don't fix the problem, or turn off the code but tell it to read ok.
Yeah I understand that the code will come back if I don't fix the problem. But that doesn't answer my question. I'm just concerned about inspection. With the patched ROM, and a SES light on, will the inspection computer/machine see something wrong and fail me?

EDIT

Forgot to add this: What if the SES light is on, and I were to pull up into the inspection center, then just use ecuflash to clear the code. The patched ROM would help me pass....right?

Last edited by geevolution; Apr 8, 2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks dude, after the codes are cleared, will the car still throw a code even with the patched ROM? If so, even though the SES light is on and with the patched ROM. Inspection shouldn't be a problem right? Or would I still fail?

Well which code was it throwing? Was it still the code you were getting before or a new one? It's possible the light was still in memory. Assuming you did the ROM right, it won't come back. Usually the thing resets every 40miles or so. Just drive it around and see if it comes back.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

anyone know where to get evoscan v2.7
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
I modified my xml for the various roms so that the common items I use are at the top under a "Mellon" group I don't use 75% of what's available in ecuflash anyway. No more scrolling all over the place and I'm much less likely to miss a setting.
yeah that works - I used to do something similar by modifying the "user level" for the items I use most so that only the stuff I want showed in the lower user levels. I actually find myself using most of the tables now though ... I also noticed that the first group "ROM Info" opens collapsed, so I looked to see if there's any difference in the XML definition to achieve this, but didn't find anything
Old Apr 9, 2010, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Well which code was it throwing? Was it still the code you were getting before or a new one? It's possible the light was still in memory. Assuming you did the ROM right, it won't come back. Usually the thing resets every 40miles or so. Just drive it around and see if it comes back.
Ended up downloading evoscan, I thought ECUflash had the DTC reader lol. Pulled the code, turns out it was the P0507, I noticed the higher idle last week when I got the car back. The dreaded P0300 is now gone.

Now which one of these programs (ECUFlash or EVOScan) would I use to lower the idle?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions