Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raasfaas
The baud rate comes standard at 15625...make sure that whatever load factor you are using in ecuflash its the same in evoscan (so since you're at 1.2 make sure your rom has 1.2 load factor)
Also, did you copy in the necessary info in your evoscan's data.xml?
Make sure you have the correct MUT address to be able to log 1 byte load too...all that is in the instructions when you download the Tephra rom.
ok so after reading your post i felt like a jackass and went back to re- read. but it seems like i didn't miss anything though. On the first page it talks about how to set it up and what not but i've done all that. My evoscan function for load 1byte is 1.2*x so that's right and the ecuflash value is also 1.2. i even read through the wiki page to see if i missed anything but it's all the same. and it seems like the newer version of evoscan already have the tables that are listed at the bottom of page 1 in v7 thread. I did notice that 2byte load parameter were "checked" on evoscan and i noticed that they remove it from the v7 map in the latest version. I unclicked it to see if that makes a difference along with other stuff that i don't think i need to log. maybe i'll just ask in the v7 thread. Thanks for the input though.

ps baud rate was also fine in evoscan
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm new to evo tuning. I have done some tuning using my stock lancer oz ecu. My friend asked my to change his stationary rev limit from 5500 to 5000. (05 Evo) once changed, note That was the only change i did on the tune. Well after the adjustment the car would die, Every time the clutch was depressed at low rpms. I raised the limit back up and the car is now fine. Any idea's on what would cause this? Thanks sorry if its a noobish question.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 04:41 AM

Hi all,
Will evoscan be able to remap the Galant VR4 (6A13TT) Ralliart edition? I know that there is no way to remap standard VR4, however, Ralliart provides different ECU? Is this correct?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by *02Lancer*
I'm new to evo tuning. I have done some tuning using my stock lancer oz ecu. My friend asked my to change his stationary rev limit from 5500 to 5000. (05 Evo) once changed, note That was the only change i did on the tune. Well after the adjustment the car would die, Every time the clutch was depressed at low rpms. I raised the limit back up and the car is now fine. Any idea's on what would cause this? Thanks sorry if its a noobish question.
What parameter EXACTLY did you change?
Old May 1, 2011, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoAnthony
We need an index for what all the boxes mean on the left hand side of the ECUFlash software....

Can you help Jack?
dont know if i missed something within the thread, but was this ever done or is there a link that someone has? thanks
Old May 1, 2011, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
you do have to connect the datalogger to actuate the SAS solenoid.

from memory, if you're on the main EVOScan screen I think its the button on the bottom right corner that brings you to another menu with a bunch of buttons. the 'acuator' button is in the top row, center, but more towards the left. When you press that you'll have to scroll over to get the EFI actuators. from there its the one all the way down the list at the very bottom. I wish I brought my car to work today, if so I would be able to tell you exactly where it is.

Okay, started logging, found the button...but nothing shows up when I click it? It looks as tho there should be a list of actuators to pick from in some sort of menu, but there's nothing there...just a blank menu. Is there some sort of add-on i should be installing? Or maybe an older version of evoscan...?
Old May 4, 2011, 10:13 AM

I have a newb question..

Im pretty new at tuning and currently have ecuflash and evoscan. I have been trying to log evoscan information so I can start adjusting timing, fuel, boost, etc however the program isnt exactly user friendly and was just looking for some sort of information that would guide me through using the program. I read the sticky about how to tune your evo, the only problem is the cells in my logs dont fill correctly and dont look like any of the examples the OP posted. Im sure this is user error on my part, however like I said Im not entirely sure what options to use on the program. I have it set to EFI and I have it displaying all the parameters the OP of that thread recommended.

Also I have an evo IX if this helps clarify anything.
Old May 7, 2011, 03:07 PM

I have an AEM wideband serial>usb, I can log the wide band external but it only reads it for about 5 secs then it stops and freezes on the last afr reading.. evoscan still works fine, only the "external wideband" section locks up.

does anyone know how to fix this? ive tried v2.5 and v2.8 and they both do the same.
Old May 13, 2011, 07:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Can anyone help me here?

I followed all the steps...tried searching for a similar problem...some people with windows 7 had the same issues but unrelated

I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest ecuflash and my tactrix cable is brand new 2.0 rev E

Anyone?
Old May 31, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

I wired my AEM wideband directly to the ecu. I can successfully log in Evoscan with it, however i can only view the data in excel form. If i choose to view the log in a graph i can not get the AFR data to appear..very strange. Anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 04:28 AM

hey guys i have a mitsubishi FTO and i'm new to this ecu reading thing. i've brought the evo scan program and i've brought a OBD2 cable with a usb end to connect to my laptop. and when i connect it all up it tells me its connecting and reading but then it tells me it can note read the ecu can someone give me some guidence please i'm just trying to find the error codes so i can pass them on toget my car fixed thanks
Old Jun 6, 2011, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by melsFTO
hey guys i have a mitsubishi FTO and i'm new to this ecu reading thing. i've brought the evo scan program and i've brought a OBD2 cable with a usb end to connect to my laptop. and when i connect it all up it tells me its connecting and reading but then it tells me it can note read the ecu can someone give me some guidence please i'm just trying to find the error codes so i can pass them on toget my car fixed thanks
Hi. That's a left-field question - esp. on an Evo-centric forum! Nevertheless...

There is an easy way to read FTO ECU error codes, using just one wire! Details are here.

If you want to go R&D-crazy, there is an FTO ECU disassembly/table-discovery session going on right now over at GeekMapped.com, here. I found that quite by accident just the other day, as luck would have it!

Hope this helps!

Rich
Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Has anyone else had issues with evoscan 2.8 and windows 7 while logging? Usually it would give me a FID -4 error and stop logging. Lately it hasn't been doing that but now it just prints out jibberish randomly. Like I'll be idling, start the car and log, it logs fine for 5 seconds, and then random numbers come up and its like its frozen at them. Ex: it will say I'm doing 58mph, knock of 38, load 0, rpm 1031, tps 0%, timing -14....all while just idling. And once it does this the numbers stay the same for the whole log. It will do this while idling, cruising, during a pull, anytime pretty much. External wideband always reads correctly though. I need to stop and restart evoscan, and then I really don't know how much time I have until it does it again. Can be right when I start, or 2mins later. So random.

Anyways its really hard to tune my car when its doing this. Anybody else run into this problem? Is there a solution? I tried logging with/without superspeed and cpu timer fix but no difference. This is on a 1.3u cable btw.

Side note: is it just me or did 2.6 seem way more reliable? I once logged a whole 25min track session with no problems. 6mb of .csv data!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh
Hi. That's a left-field question - esp. on an Evo-centric forum! Nevertheless...

There is an easy way to read FTO ECU error codes, using just one wire! Details are here.

If you want to go R&D-crazy, there is an FTO ECU disassembly/table-discovery session going on right now over at GeekMapped.com, here. I found that quite by accident just the other day, as luck would have it!

Hope this helps!

Rich
thanks for that i'm getting no response from my ecu using the evo scan program do i need to set anything up for it to work???
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by melsFTO
thanks for that i'm getting no response from my ecu using the evo scan program do i need to set anything up for it to work???
Don't know. I reckon the "OBDII 96+" and "Mitsubishi MUTIII" protocols are your best bet. Although (a) most FTOs aren't really OBD-II, and (b) they were MUTII from memory, not MUTIII.

I think your best bet is to register on GeekMapped.com and look up RichardB's thread.

Or just hook up that special pin/wire on the link I gave you! That'll flash any stored ECU codes using the check-engine light.

Good luck keeping that FTO healthy... they are cracking good cars!

Rich

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions