Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
You probably won't be able to use that cable. If its a basic converter like a "Jeff's" cable, the 2.0 version of Unilogger (mitsulogger) will work with it, as I've changed how the cable is read, but in current versions its specific to the Tactrix cable, the error is due to no Tactrix cable and driver being installed.
I see. I just downloaded mitsulogger v1 release A. I will try it out and see if it works. The drivers are now installed, so well see in a couple hours.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by voidhawk
If I retrofit my (USDM) evo with the JDM/UK 3bar MAP sensor, will that confuse the snot out of the ECU? It seems like a better solution than adding (yet another) boost sensor to log via Zeitronix.
I was trying to find an answer to this question myself, I have been reading through some threads on this topic but I couldnt reach a conclusion, has anyone done this succesfully ? I would surely like to log my boost with such a mod if it is possible.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
At the moment its not really that easy.. My car runs fine without the MDP sensor (a GM sensor in its place) But throws a CEL. Another member could barely get his car running with a JDM sensor (likely due to the EGR valve itself) Its almost inevitable at some point in the future that we'll be able to use the JDM sensor or GM sensor and recalibrate the map for it.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gudmundur
I was trying to find an answer to this question myself, I have been reading through some threads on this topic but I couldnt reach a conclusion, has anyone done this succesfully ? I would surely like to log my boost with such a mod if it is possible.
To understand the potential problem, think about it this way. Imagine you have two sensors, each puts out a signal from 0 to 5V. On one sensor, 5V = 600, on the other sensor 5V = 200. If we assume that the sensor is linear, this means that 1V = 120 on our first sensor and 1V = 40 on our second sensor.

The same sort of thing can happen when we substitute a pressure sensor. The sensors may be similiar - both measure pressure, both put out similiar measurement voltages, but the meaning of a particular voltage is different. If the ECU uses the sensor for a critical computation, the difference between having 1V = 120 and 1V = 40 can be catastrophic.

The solution that MJ is referring to is probably chaning the ECU's understanding of the incoming voltage and any lookup tables associated with it. This is a good longer term approach.

In the shorter term, you still have some options. Of course, you could use two sensors and log them differently.

A slight variation on this would be to use one sensor, but log the raw (full scale) output one way and rescale the output with a little circuitry before feeding it into the ECU. This is similiar to what a lot of people do with widebands. They log the wideband data one way, but then setup the controller so that it still feeds what appears to be narrow band information into the ECU.

Another variation on one sensor, dual readings, is to feed the raw, full scale, information into another analog input to the ECU which can be re-purposed. For example, one some other makes and models I know users who remove the rear O2 sensor, since it only monitors CAT efficiency on their car, then program a wideband controller to feed a 0-1V wideband signal (not a simulated narrow band signal) into that input. They then log that data normally from their ECU. The ECU still thinks it is reporting rear O2 voltage,but the forumal used by the logger is changed so that the 0 to 1V signal is properly displayed as wideband AFR.

Personally, I wouldn't do this, since it tends to make the AFR readings steppy and slow, but since I know people actually doing it I thought I should at least mention that it is possible.

Good Luck,
-jjf
Old Jan 25, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

MJ: Ahh ok .. I read that thread .. was just hoping that this had developed a bit more

jfitzpat: Thanks for that brilliant explanation, always learning somethine

I wish I had thought of logging my boost when I bought my AEM truboost controller/gauge, should have prolly gone with Zeitronix and some other boost controller. Oh well .. will change it out sometime

Again thanks MJ and jfitzpat for the information
Gudmundur
Old Jan 25, 2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
You can log with it, but you can't flash with it.. The extra connector is what allows you to trigger the bootstrap for reflashing.

any way to buy that plug separately that you guys know of?
Old Jan 25, 2007, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by YumGTR
Well, I suspect that you could get replacement connectors, etc. from Colby at www.tactrix.com. However, if memory serves, you need to apply a pulse source. I think that the OpenPort Mitsubishi cable has an LM555 or something in it to generate this.

The schematics are at www.openecu.org, so you could presumably modify/roll your own. But, frankly, unless you are dead set on do-it-yourself. It is probably cheaper to buy the Mitsubishi cable than to order spare parts and hack and mod everything yourself.

-jjf
Old Jan 30, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i just bought the evoscan but i dont know how to connect my aem uego wideband to it what do i do?
thanks
Old Jan 30, 2007, 07:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by YumGTR
Its sumimoto part number 6244-5121 it uses .90mm recepticles Not sure how useful this will be as the method for triggering the ECU's bootstrap/reflash mode is controlled by the circuitry in the Tactrix cable itself..
Old Jan 31, 2007, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

I did some searching to how to find IDC. Can someone tell me if I am correct. To get IDC. I would take the IPW x RPM and and then divide that by 1200. Is this correct?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by jrsimon27
i just bought the evoscan but i dont know how to connect my aem uego wideband to it what do i do?
thanks

You have to build a cable to connect the wideband to the computer and then select it as the wideband you are using in EvoScan.

See this thread here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...light=AEM+Uego
Old Feb 1, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Well the info may be out there but I have searched and cannot find anything, is there a way to setup your default wideband in evoscan to something different than the LM1 so you don't have to remember to change it everytime?

Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2007, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kreionic
I did some searching to how to find IDC. Can someone tell me if I am correct. To get IDC. I would take the IPW x RPM and and then divide that by 1200. Is this correct?
Yes, that sounds correct.

-jjf
Old Feb 4, 2007, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

need help

getting the following error when trying to start a logging session

Info: Initialising At 5 baud 0x00...
Info: Initialisation Complete...
Info: Waiting for INIT Response...
Error: FTDI Read Timeout
Info: Datalogger Ended.

what up?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 01:19 AM

Hi guys,
After downloading the flash from my Evo 9, I wanted to change the stationary rev limiter. To my surprize it shows not 5000, but 2125, although my car revs up to 5000 when stationary. Is this ok? I use EcuFlash 1.29.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions