ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crank signal values in evoscan

Hey guys. Got a question.

Just getting back into the scene again and curious what crank signal should read in evo scan while cranking the car ?

any info would be great having a serious no start issue.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor
Hey guys. Got a question.

Just getting back into the scene again and curious what crank signal should read in evo scan while cranking the car ?

any info would be great having a serious no start issue.
Firstly have you checked the signal at the crankshaft position sensor?
It's a Hall Effect sensor and you would put a multimeter set to DC Volts.
Connect the + lead to pin 3, - lead to pin 2.
Better yet find 8 & 24 on B-09. The sensor must be in circuit and getting 5 volts to test.

Roll the engine and look for voltage fluctuating from around 5 volts to 0 as it rolls.

I'll have to look at evoscan to see if the signal is present there. I'm going to the source of the signal.

Get back soon. I'm an EE and love electronics. Electronics that works when it should!
Attached Thumbnails ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions-cps.jpg  
Old Sep 27, 2017, 08:31 AM

oooook. I have been reading and reading and reading and reading. pictures could explain a thousand words! so true. I have read and have no problem doing so. I actually gain a ton from doing it. but enough is enough because the answer is unclear. or I'm too DERP and didn't get it... possible.
I have a 2005 evo8 with 0011 rom. from what I gather is most switch to 0006 rom https://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/96530006#Download this helped me understand better and weed out the crap.
so here I am asking for some guidance. seems as through typing and reading a lot of info is missed vs a video explaining the steps. and once I figure this out ill be making a video explaining the "simple" part most likely.
TephraMOD-94170715-v7 is what I originally was told to download and is that the wrong one? I think it is. so here is where I am. struggling without pictures and a spoon any help much appreciated. I feel like my simple questions could be answered in 5-10 min on the phone.
which tephra rom should I be getting and unzipping. unclear can I use 15 or 06 or just the 06?
I have tactrix 2.0 ecuflash and purchased evoscan. the car came with zeitronix lcd screen with wb, sd, and egt#2runner .zeitronix logs fine I have the serial to usb cable and drivers installed and working properly

Last edited by i8Godzilla; Sep 27, 2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by i8Godzilla
oooook. I have been reading and reading and reading and reading. pictures could explain a thousand words! so true. I have read and have no problem doing so. I actually gain a ton from doing it. but enough is enough because the answer is unclear. or I'm too DERP and didn't get it... possible.
I have a 2005 evo8 with 0011 rom. from what I gather is most switch to 0006 rom https://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/96530006#Download this helped me understand better and weed out the crap.
so here I am asking for some guidance. seems as through typing and reading a lot of info is missed vs a video explaining the steps. and once I figure this out ill be making a video explaining the "simple" part most likely.
TephraMOD-94170715-v7 is what I originally was told to download and is that the wrong one? I think it is. so here is where I am. struggling without pictures and a spoon any help much appreciated. I feel like my simple questions could be answered in 5-10 min on the phone.
which tephra rom should I be getting and unzipping. unclear can I use 15 or 06 or just the 06?
I have tactrix 2.0 ecuflash and purchased evoscan. the car came with zeitronix lcd screen with wb, sd, and egt#2runner .zeitronix logs fine I have the serial to usb cable and drivers installed and working properly
You can use either.

94170715 is what I would use with V7. Works all on years of USDM Evos IFIRC.

96530006 is an EDM version of the ROM used in your evo, needs some minor changes to work correctly. But I think it's the go-to due to functionality.

Note that one map is Tephra's, and the other is stock mitsu. Do you want to run Tephramod, that is the question you have to ask to answer which map you need.
The following users liked this post:
i8Godzilla (Sep 27, 2017)
Old Sep 27, 2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Project_Broke
You can use either.

94170715 is what I would use with V7. Works all on years of USDM Evos IFIRC.

96530006 is an EDM version of the ROM used in your evo, needs some minor changes to work correctly. But I think it's the go-to due to functionality.

Note that one map is Tephra's, and the other is stock mitsu. Do you want to run Tephramod, that is the question you have to ask to answer which map you need.
ok so there it is answered my question I can use either 0715 or 0006.

and that answer question I don't really know which maps I need.. the car as of now has a tune on it. who, what, and where it came from I don't know. it seems to be a fairly good tune just from driving and watching the lcd display vac/boost, egt, and afr. I would like to start logging/tuning and understanding it for myself. I know it isn't easy and don't expect it to be. I expect it to be fun and intriguing and challenging at times.

My NOOB opinion and educated guess is that no I don't need the tephra maps. with the small mods that came on my car it wouldn't be absolutely necessary to switch to the bigger maps and more options, if I'm correct.
MODS: injen uicp, injen carb approved intake pipe w/maf adaptor, recirc evoX bov, 3" catback, ztx sensors-egt#2runner,wb,and 3.5bar map sensor.

However I would also like to know my way around a potentially better rom. so for learning to tune I'm not sure where to start as far as which maps. after opening the roms and looking at the highoctanefuelmaps side by side its quite the difference and I'm sure there is TONS more options then just that.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by i8Godzilla
ok so there it is answered my question I can use either 0715 or 0006.

and that answer question I don't really know which maps I need.. the car as of now has a tune on it. who, what, and where it came from I don't know. it seems to be a fairly good tune just from driving and watching the lcd display vac/boost, egt, and afr. I would like to start logging/tuning and understanding it for myself. I know it isn't easy and don't expect it to be. I expect it to be fun and intriguing and challenging at times.

My NOOB opinion and educated guess is that no I don't need the tephra maps. with the small mods that came on my car it wouldn't be absolutely necessary to switch to the bigger maps and more options, if I'm correct.
MODS: injen uicp, injen carb approved intake pipe w/maf adaptor, recirc evoX bov, 3" catback, ztx sensors-egt#2runner,wb,and 3.5bar map sensor.

However I would also like to know my way around a potentially better rom. so for learning to tune I'm not sure where to start as far as which maps. after opening the roms and looking at the highoctanefuelmaps side by side its quite the difference and I'm sure there is TONS more options then just that.
Make sure you copy everything from your current tune to the rom that you use. Otherwise you may cause issues with the car.

Those roms include the stock mapping of the car, it's a good base map to work with but it wont have the immobilizer code and some small changes that your car may need in order to run correctly.

I myself much prefer Tephramod to the standard maps, and that is what I started tuning with. After you get the hang of it, it's muscle memory.

Read some of the guides around here, Merlins is a good one to start with.
i8Godzilla (Oct 1, 2017)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 07:50 AM

Make sure you copy everything from your current tune to the rom that you use. Otherwise you may cause issues with the car.

Those roms include the stock mapping of the car, it's a good base map to work with but it wont have the immobilizer code and some small changes that your car may need in order to run correctly.

I myself much prefer Tephramod to the standard maps, and that is what I started tuning with. After you get the hang of it, it's muscle memory.

Read some of the guides around here, Merlins is a good one to start with.
Thank you! appreciate it and yes I have read the Merlin's Guide (good read and will reference this periodically) and quite a few other tuning links and guides on here. find myself eating up the information!!! NOMNOMNOM
Old Nov 1, 2017, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey guys!

tldr - is there a way to set a custom 'flash method'and memory size combo when reading the ecu? I want to use 'mitsukernal' with 'SH7055' (512k)... currently you can only select mituskernalocp with SH7055?

The reason i ask - i'm trying to read my 2003 Airtrek Turbo. I have got a rom downloaded using the below method .. however this comes up as a 2005 model and the definition it uses (there are three def available) is missing a lot of options such as stuff for the Auto box and the MUT tables etc. The included 2002 Airtrek definition is the one i want but it shows that it uses 'mitsukernal'and SH7055 to define the rom ??? how is this possible if you cant read with that method?

Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys need help logging omni 4 bar map sensor just went in evoscan and added new item and put the eval 0.2369x-14.7 but my values are off should i edit an already available item or is there something i should do in evoscan foldet and not directly from the logger its driving me crazy really need help
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8life
Guys need help logging omni 4 bar map sensor just went in evoscan and added new item and put the eval 0.2369x-14.7 but my values are off should i edit an already available item or is there something i should do in evoscan foldet and not directly from the logger its driving me crazy really need help
How far off is it?

You will need to adjust the formula for your specific elevation to get an accurate reading.

If its close, just modify the 14.7 until it is 0 with engine off.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

How far off is it?

You will need to adjust the formula for your specific elevation to get an accurate reading.

If its close, just modify the 14.7 until it is 0 with engine off.
its far off its seeing 11 maximum while im boosting 23 psi i changed elevation but that doesnt seem to work im at sea level.My question is should i edit an existing item, or adding a new item is ok because thats what i did
Old Nov 28, 2017, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

its far off its seeing 11 maximum while im boosting 23 psi i changed elevation but that doesnt seem to work im at sea level.My question is should i edit an existing item, or adding a new item is ok because thats what i did
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...evo-8-9-a.html

If you haven't yet, check out that thread.

You will create a new data xml. The formula you have is correct as long as you aren't forgetting the *.

You can modify the 14.7 further to get it in check if this is all correct. But if the map sensor isn't close to 0 with the engine off. The formula needs adjusting.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

You will create a new data xml. The formula you have is correct as long as you aren't forgetting the *.

You can modify the 14.7 further to get it in check if this is all correct. But if the map sensor isn't close to 0 with the engine off. The formula needs adjusting.
I think i found the issue i didnt add any xml file in ecuflash tables and my rom isnt covered in this thread but i will try to do the same procedure my rom is 96530706
thanks man for helping i"ll post back after the changes
Old Nov 30, 2017, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

got it sorted out bro thanks for your help
Project_Broke (Dec 1, 2017)
Old Dec 1, 2017, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

got it sorted out bro thanks for your help
NP Glad to help!

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions