Notices
ECU Flash

aem uego intermittent logging issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
aem uego intermittent logging issues

Hey guys, Ive been having problems logging aem uego on my car ever since I got it set up. I am having this issue where it will show zero, sometimes it will read if I switch the usb ports between the serial cable and the tactrix, other times it wont read even if I switch the ports until I restart the laptop. Now I know if the wires leading to the serial dongle are too long you can have issues similar to this but that is not the issue. I don't know if this could be an issue but I have subaru related tuning software on my laptop as well, today I was tuning an 08 wrx and could only get the wideband to read if I restarted the laptop and then after tuning some It wouldn't read at all even after restarting the laptop. Could there be a driver issue between the two different tuning softwares(ecu flash, evoscan and romraider)? I don't have another logging cable for the wideband so unfortunately I can't rule out the logging cable itself being at fault. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
what version is your cable? the openport 2.0 can read the aem serial directly through the 3.5mm jack. thats how i do it and its very reliable.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by TrendSetter
what version is your cable? the openport 2.0 can read the aem serial directly through the 3.5mm jack. thats how i do it and its very reliable.
it is a tactrix 2.0, interesting I have never tried it that way. I will have to look up on how to set that up cause I have been using the rs232 to usb converter cable.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Check your uego wiring.
It is possibly a bad ground. Whenever I had logging problems, it was always related to the wiring. Not the laptop or drivers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TrendSetter
Can you elaborate it a bit more please.