Notices
ECU Flash

cant log load calc after 2 byte load mod

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant log load calc after 2 byte load mod

Ok here the deal I cant log load calc in evoscan. Every since I started using the 2 byte load. When I tried to log it today it say infinity? Any ideas why? I have ipw, arf map , and battery checked in evoscan. Isn't that all the load calc is for the calculation?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm thinking it's because they both use the same Request ID ... even though I have no idea what the request ID's are for or what they do. It would make sense that you couldn't run both at the same time.

The only other thing you should check is that the LoadCalc formula is below the values it uses to calculate in your data.xml file.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

So I unchecked 2 byte load and tried to log just load calc and still nothing. I get infinity for load calc??
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by TouringBubble
I'm thinking it's because they both use the same Request ID ... even though I have no idea what the request ID's are for or what they do. It would make sense that you couldn't run both at the same time.

The only other thing you should check is that the LoadCalc formula is below the values it uses to calculate in your data.xml file.

You can log both loadcalc and 2 byte at the same time. LoadCalc is exactly what it says it is calculated load based on other values from the ECU so we aren't asking the ecu for this value as we do for the 2 byte load value (basically what I understand the requestIDs to do).

I log both of them just fine .

Last edited by codgi; Jun 6, 2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by kreionic
So I unchecked 2 byte load and tried to log just load calc and still nothing. I get infinity for load calc??
Did the 2 byte load ever work in the past? Could you post the line in the xml file where you added the 2 byte load?

Did you keep the original copy of the xml file? If you re-use that does the regular load calc still work?
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
logging both is fine for me... re-check your inputs for LoadCalc.

Cheers
D.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by codgi
Did the 2 byte load ever work in the past? Could you post the line in the xml file where you added the 2 byte load?

Did you keep the original copy of the xml file? If you re-use that does the regular load calc still work?
My 2 byte load has always worked. I never had an issue with it. I understand 2 byte is more accurate and I will keep using that. Heres the deal. I just installed cams and I want to see what the difference in load is. I do not have any logs of 2 byte without cams. Thats why I am trying to get it work. I will post the line in the xml for load calc later tonight

Last edited by kreionic; Jun 7, 2007 at 03:59 PM.