Notices
ECU Flash

How To Tune an Evo

Old Oct 28, 2017, 03:22 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
No. You didn't remove it from the ECU, just "read" it.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Can anyone link me to tool that's used frequently on here that allows you to upload log files and create a graph, with a link that you can share?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 05:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by butte
Can anyone link me to tool that's used frequently on here that allows you to upload log files and create a graph, with a link that you can share?
datazap.me
The following users liked this post:
butte (Nov 3, 2017)
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:32 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by razorlab
datazap.me
+1 that's what i use with BainsTuned and it's awesome. Very helpful.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is it just me or are none of the pictures visible?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 05:55 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by unfocus15
Is it just me or are none of the pictures visible?
Well, the thread is 11yrs old.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any chance we can recover those pictures? I really would like to have a look at other peoples timing and afr maps as I think that I am way to conservative with my tuning
Old Sep 12, 2018, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just to throw my numbers in. (EVO 6 GSR with 3 inch turboback and 20psi boost) I archived around 320 bhp with this at 20 psi boost.
After hotwireing my walbro 255l pump I am still redialing it in as i actually have leaner afr and a bit knock.

My resulting AFR out of this mapping are as follows.

And timing

And my load over rpm as reference:

I am running on 100 octane fuel here in Japan, so its probably okay to be a bit leaner. At least I have no knock and my exhaust temp is not going above 900 degC on track days.
In these logs I only hit 210 load so my boost setting seems to be off. (only got 18psi of peak boost)

If the internet is right than my AFRs are way to lean. But that said, most of the information is for the US and 91 pump fuel
I'll be doing a few more runs these days and make sure to have zero knock for the upcoming track day.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey
thanks for the info helped alot
Old Apr 19, 2020, 05:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,

Can some pro share a complete map file for my Evo 5?

I am not happy with the AFRs.. it’s running a so-called ralliart map with launch control bought from a tuner in NZ via eBay..and he is of no help 😕

in terms of key mods, the car runs a 3 inch open exhaust , 3inch intake piping with HKS RS intake kit.. 255LPH Pump with adjustable FPR..BC forged rods and pistons with 175psi compression all over 4, greddy BOV... rest all stock

the major issue I have in the current map is that the afr is at 13s at WOT and it lacks midrange punch...

I am looking at a 300whp Evo with launch control with.. pops and bangs... and a conservative tune(I run 91 octane)

I am kinda broke thus asking..
you can also ping me at sharewithraj@hotmail.com
tnx...
Old Apr 19, 2020, 05:55 AM

Evo 5 map file

Hi,

Can some pro or a Evo 456 owner share a map file for my Evo 5?

I am not happy with the AFRs.. it’s running a so-called ralliart map with launch control bought from a tuner in NZ via eBay..and he is of no help 😕

in terms of key mods, the car runs a 3 inch open exhaust , 3inch intake piping with HKS RS intake kit.. 255LPH Pump with adjustable FPR..BC forged rods and pistons with 175psi compression all over 4, greddy BOV... rest all stock

the major issue I have in the current map is that the afr is at 13s at WOT and it lacks midrange punch

If someone can help me with a tune running similar mod it will be happy to test in my car..

tnx...

Last edited by I<3myevo6; Apr 19, 2020 at 07:57 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by I<3myevo6
Hi,

Can some pro share a complete map file for my Evo 5?

the major issue I have in the current map is that the afr is at 13s at WOT and it lacks midrange punch...

I am looking at a 300whp Evo with launch control with.. pops and bangs... and a conservative tune(I run 91 octane)

I am kinda broke thus asking..
tnx...
NOBODY is going to give you a free tune. Not to sound like a dick, but that's hundreds of dollars of work. Save up and don't push your car until you can afford a proper tune.

Also, just stop with the pops and bangs. It's quite possibly the number one riciest things you can do to your car and is the engine equivalent of cambering your wheels out to the point you're riding on sidewalls. This dumb *** pops and bangs fad needs to die a swift, miserable death.

Hopefully you learned your lesson about buying a tune off of eBay...
Old Apr 19, 2020, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
NOBODY is going to give you a free tune. Not to sound like a dick, but that's hundreds of dollars of work. Save up and don't push your car until you can afford a proper tune.

Also, just stop with the pops and bangs. It's quite possibly the number one riciest things you can do to your car and is the engine equivalent of cambering your wheels out to the point you're riding on sidewalls. This dumb *** pops and bangs fad needs to die a swift, miserable death.

Hopefully you learned your lesson about buying a tune off of eBay...
Hi,
thanks for the response and point take...btw I am not expecting anyone to make a custom tune for me... If any user has a similar mod with a performing map and willing to share... I will be good to test it on my car..

Old Apr 19, 2020, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Buy a tactrix cable, read some tuning post (search for Merlins guide PDF on how to tune a evo), and at least add some fuel to have a proper AFR or you will damage your motor
The following users liked this post:
I<3myevo6 (Apr 19, 2020)
Old Apr 19, 2020, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by audiofan
Buy a tactrix cable, read some tuning post (search for Merlins guide PDF on how to tune a evo), and at least add some fuel to have a proper AFR or you will damage your motor
Thanks for ur advise... I have the cable and ecuflash with me. That’s what I am planning to do if I don’t get a file..

on the PDF I will download and work on it..thanks a lot again!!!

Last edited by I<3myevo6; Apr 19, 2020 at 02:07 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How To Tune an Evo