Notices
ECU Flash

Let's see your fully tuned timing maps

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Pegasus
How many on here with IXs are copying the high timing map into all three high timing maps?
I'm copying the high octane map into ALL maps even the low octane ones. When the car knocks it still pulls timing but doesn't jump to a low octane map.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont because sometimes you get bad gas, its better to have your base timing map conservative and your "additional" map higher so when the ECU sees no problems increases your timing using that map. If you had all 3 the same, the ECU would not increase timing. If you have all 3 the same and you get bad gas you will always be knocking and the ecu will always have to pull away timing, im sure if this keeps up it will probably eventually start to use the low octane maps.

Originally Posted by Pegasus
How many on here with IXs are copying the high timing map into all three high timing maps?

Also I'm seeing some people with advanced timing in the idle area of the map so I'm assuming this is for cams, but does anyone know the average amount would be to run in this area if you have cams. I have Cossies, but my timing is still at 5*. Would upping it to 8* make that much of a difference?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Owens Racing
I am curious as his afr map show he is lean up top. My thing here is the numbers are not actual AFR's. So if he is running this and has logged his runs. Then it turn got his AFR's set from tuning. Then the numbers that show may give him a AFR of 11.8-12.0.

4WS can you back this up or straighten me out.

yep! when pushing a car that lean it takes more tenths to make a difference in afr than it does at a richer afr... from what i noticed going from 11.1 afr to 11.2 afr take just .2 higher on the map... but going from 12.4 to 12.5 ar took .4 or .5 to make the difference..

Everything is logged and accurate... Looks wierd in the fuel map, but i was getting the correct results i was looking for.

Cheers!
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
I dont because sometimes you get bad gas, its better to have your base timing map conservative and your "additional" map higher so when the ECU sees no problems increases your timing using that map. If you had all 3 the same, the ECU would not increase timing. If you have all 3 the same and you get bad gas you will always be knocking and the ecu will always have to pull away timing, im sure if this keeps up it will probably eventually start to use the low octane maps.

Do you know how hard it is to get this "bad gas" thing Dynoflash created....

Its funny all the cars i've seen and played with i've never encountered it... Usually the biggest problem people have is a boost leak that they wear isnt there... im going to say 75% of the time if a persons not making power it leads back to that.....

Knock isnt as bad as you think... I've seen stock cars knock between 8-10 and people who dont mod drive like that for the whole life of their car.... If the knock is really that bad where it could be threantening youre going to feel a severe loss of power and thats when you know you shouldnt definetly look into it.

The cars very touchy, i did an experiement while ago where i set from 160 load to max load... 1500 rpms to max rpm all to 5... One big block of 5's in map 2.... I set 4s in map 1 and 6's in map 3.... i did 4-5 pulls then checked out hte logs and the numbers were all over the place. I dont understand the mechanics of the ecu too well, but the car wasnt knocking, egt were low, afr was very conservative.. there should have been no reason for the car to be responding how it was. Since then i change all 3 maps to read the same.

If you have time on your hands try the same thing i did and see what results you get. Consistently speeds the tuning along and helps get you what you want.

Cheers!
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

^ My car knocked like a mother in stock form.

Knock becomes more dangerous at higher load levels. When tuned on the edge it doesn't take much to start a staircase of uncontrolled knock.

All of us should be monitoring knock via "CEL for KNOCK" patch. We also should not be tuned to the edge.

I like to keep it safe by running a 93/110 mix 24/7/365.

Last edited by Jeff_Jeske; Dec 6, 2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
^ My car knocked like a mother in stock form.

Knock becomes more dangerous at higher load levels. When tuned on the edge it doesn't take much to start a staircase of uncontrolled knock.

All of us should be monitoring knock via "CEL for KNOCK" patch. We also should not be tuned to the edge.

I like to keep it safe by running a 93/110 mix 24/7/365.

even cars not tuned to the edge knock.... Its just how much knock is happening and when its being caused.

With how aggresive my race tune is it took me quite a bit to get it not to knock on shifts and thats when the car really got fast instead of just having nice numbers and no results...
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Here are my maps...

Last edited by esevo; Dec 6, 2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: pics
Old Dec 7, 2007, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

hey guys i have a question. i remember a while back i had read that the 3 modes of the ACD pulls timing depending on what mode its in. now since we dont exactly know why there are 3 different timing maps could it be that the maps are related to the ACD modes?
Old Dec 7, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

probably not... due to the fact that if you stay in tarmac, and all 3 are different, it doesnt stay on just 1 timing map. Also, 05's had ACD, and not 3 maps
Old Dec 7, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got any maps with a set of LARGE Race, 280 Cams in their car by chance? I've got comp 280, and on 91, I can not get ANY timing.. I mean very little, and it knocks like crazy..

on 100, its not to bad tho..
Old Dec 7, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
probably not... due to the fact that if you stay in tarmac, and all 3 are different, it doesnt stay on just 1 timing map. Also, 05's had ACD, and not 3 maps
gotcha
Old Dec 8, 2007, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by esevo
Here are my maps...
what software are you using ? i want to be able to get 3D maps as well
Old Dec 8, 2007, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
appears he is in ecuflash. I am interested too.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

3d map charts, you can rotate them to mimic the 2d graph, still a little awkward to find a cell but it can be done.

ecuflash vrs 1.33, or better

you have to click the view to select.

Last edited by nothere; Dec 8, 2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

ah, im still using 1.29a, because non of the other versions ever want to work for me

Quick Reply: Let's see your fully tuned timing maps