Notices
ECU Flash

Mellon Tuning

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mellon Tuning

I have done quite abit of research on these guys and found nothing but good things and no dis prespect to there company, but im trying to do as much research as i can before i download something from an email tune. Anyone hear of any horror stories or anything negative from there tunes? Again no dis respect jst trying to do as much homework as i can.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 09:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have never heard anything bad about mellon. I think this is the most comprehensive mail in flash on the market since he actually uses multiple logs to determine how to tune your car.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

OP, I am available to answer any questions you may have about our service.

I can be contacted on here or AIM (mellontuning)

Thank you for your interest.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Again absolutly no disrespect to Mellon tunning, but being new to the EVO scene im very cautious. Its just so hard to put car in someones hands that i cant see or meet. But after hearing all the good things about them im about to put my tune in there hands.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i leave outside the USA and no good tuners for evos near here i have had a lot of help from people on this site on a past when i had my car tune with an xede which is a piggyback i went with mellon and all i can say is he is the best and his customer service is great before him and after the xede i tried another tuner whom does email flashes and he was hard to answer emails questions ect..
and with mellon you wont have a problem your car will be in safe hands buddy
Old Jan 8, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Mellon tuning here i come!!!!!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can trust Mellon Tuning. Chris is a good, honest guy and knows his stuff about tuning. He's been tuning DSMs for a while now, even though he seems a little new to the Evo game.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

i've been working with Chris for 1 1/2 months now and i'm very pleased with his work. i'm pretty sure we're almost finished tuning the car (i just haven't had time to make logs of the new maps, but now i do.) he's a really honest guy and creates the new maps very quickly. i'm not sure if he's really busy still because his laptop was recently stolen, but he still manages to get the job done. thanks Chris!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

I did a lot of research before entrusting my $30K baby to Chris. I made a great decision. Chris is very professional and has a wealth of experience and knowledge with the other systems as well as the Evo. He took care of my car as I would have, (if I knew how to tune). Good luck and happy tuning! Enjoy the new POWER!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Chris and I went back and forth by email until the 5th version of his tune was just right. The whole time Chris responded to my emails immediately, and had me running to my favorite spot every night to record three logs for each tune.

The chart below shows the final result for an 2005 RS with simple bolt ons (2.75" DP, Random-Tech HFC, Borla 3.0" Cat-back, Nisei LICP, Hallman MBC @23psi, Walbro).

Last edited by my-red-rs; Jan 8, 2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you to everyone in here.

We at mellontuning take tuning someone else's car with the seriousness that we tune our own cars.

insanechief, thank you for your business.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by my-red-rs
Chris and I went back and forth by email until the 5th version of his tune was just right. The whole time Chris responded to my emails immediately, and had me running to my favorite spot every night to record three logs for each tune.

The chart below shows the final result for an 2005 RS with simple bolt ons (2.75" DP, Random-Tech HFC, Borla 3.0" Cat-back, Nisei LICP, Hallman MBC @23psi, Walbro).

That thing is a torque monster for so little in mods.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:03 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks everyone for the positive feedback, it's really nice to stumble upon threads like this...it just made my day

I started this business after seeing so many people frustrated with their previous tuners on this forum...the lack of response during and after being tuned, the limited number of revisions to their ROM and some bad attitudes from the tuners etc... I saw a great need for improvement and felt like I could help people.

insanechief, there's absolutely no need to apologize for asking good questions. That was very smart of you to do your homework before effectively handing the keys over to someone you weren't familiar with. I feel the exact same way about my car...it's my baby and I only want the best for it.

I'm looking forward to getting started on your tune and if I'm ever not responding quick enough for you or you just need a quick question answered please reach out to Brad@MellonTuning he's always eager to help and also handles pre-sales questions for me so that I can focus on the actual tuning work more.

thanks for choosing Mellon Tuning!
Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:16 AM
Former Sponsor

OP I was in the same boat as you not too long ago... after reading so many positive things about mellon I figured why not!
Chris has been nothing but helpful throughout the whole tuning process and sends tunes back very quickly with small adjustments every time. Ive recommended him to anyone who asked me about a tune for their evo
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:03 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate that very much...thanks bro!