Notices
ECU Flash

Speed density/MAP patch-who needs patch...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed density/MAP patch-who needs patch...

Finally I moved myself to full speed-density setup.
2 words about harware:
My previous setup had stock mas as a primary airflow source, limited with a value calclulated from map emulating MAS and then 10% increased to help car handle the vented bov.
I migrated from sock to GT35r with a 2.3 stroker with 7.9-8.0 CR ross pistons (lost knock sensor's functionallity) and than got 4" wide intercooler with 3" custom piping (+lag) ,nissan huge throttle and weapon-r style intake manifold+jun272 style OBX cams , than gone down to gt3076r than finally back to gt35r. This experience made me to realise that it is very difficult to keep working stock MAS in GT35r config and I finally migrated to fully map patch .
At the first moment I moved to the same patch I made 4 mixmastermatt (btw many thaks 2 him for testing and kicking me to write patches) and found it awfull . The problem is that we have totally wrong table in all definitions called accel enrichment . With a map patch it is required more accel enrichment than with MAS , but modifying the "accel enrichment" table in ecuflash doesnt help cause it is a wrong table! Now I understand the problems he faced . I explored disasm more, found accelenricment variable, found the MAS smoothing filters needed to to modify to work with more dynamical MAP signal and compiled independent routine to emulate MAS using MAP compensated with adequate accel enricment. It works!
There are few wiring options MAP patch can be used-U can use JDM map sensors signal if you already have it installed insead of MDP-or you can wire extra MAP sensor to the MAS plug instead of baro sensor. (for examle if you have boost controller with 3bar map sensor you can parrallel wire it to MAS baro input. Also it is possible to use MAS airtemp sensor input for new IAT input .

Now bad part: I still dont have a comlete picture how stock ECU works- I have tons of routines wich I dont understand what they do. I made my patch as clean as I could - but theres a possibility that I missed something and you'll burn your engine - so if you want to invest and win I recommend to go to the aftermarket MAP -based ecu route-we have plenty of 'em. My next project is to write alternative ecu core based on megasquirt-style ideas to make it work totally predictable - it this case would be possible to guaratee the predictable result. But in my setup with disabled lean spool, closed loop, knock correction , AIR and EGR systems the ecu works relativly predictable with my current patch.

The reason i wrote it: If someone really need this patch for some real reasons - post your ecu id and config details here and I can reply here with a pathed rom...I cannont make a path just for every ecu - it takes time - but I can try to help those who really need it.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 04:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
So what is the table that currently says "accel enrichment"?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is might be what the accel enrichment table is attempting to correct:

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/xtau.htm

I found that the enrichment adjust value only affects fuel duty on a time scale from initial throttle response. Still trying to find the what combination of table manipulations, if possible, will give me a consistant AFR for all gears, at least the first three of them.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey bez!

I know a lot of people that would like to test 88590015... is there any way you can apply the patch to Tephra's prepatched for NLTS/Valet/Knock CEL ??

The link to his is here: http://www.globalshare.net/evo-mod/n...lts-mod-v2.zip
Old Jan 22, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bez_bashni
Now bad part: I still dont have a comlete picture how stock ECU works- I have tons of routines wich I dont understand what they do. .
Now when Bez says stuff like this I know I've really no chance of working out the disassembly, on the up side, at least I know it ain't easy.

Good info though. Are you using the 3D based boost patch control with this?

MB
Old Jan 22, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It would be wonderful to run a speed density setup using the JDM MAP sensor, but I don't really have a need for it currently. It's good to know that you are working on it though ...
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:31 AM

Bez..I have been shooting you over messages but no answer!!!

Hit me up
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
94170015 would likely have a few users, myself included.

I'd be happy to give it a shot if the patch is explained so the tables all make sense.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow i just realized how old this thread was, i got excited for a second.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 01:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Not much reason to get excited about this thread any more. Bez has moved onto another hobby for now.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

wow this thread was started almost a year ago
Old Jan 14, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
DAG

Wasn't even looking at the dates.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully Mr Fred and Tephra will pick-up where Bez left off (hint, hint ...)