Notices
ECU Flash

LTFT Low, Mid and MAF Scaling

Old Jan 27, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LTFT Low, Mid and MAF Scaling

Hey all,

I've recently picked up EvoScan and EcuFlash. I've done some logging and I've got some questions. I've read several threads on MAF Scaling and the fuel trims and what they mean. I'm still a little confused. Right now, my LTFT Low is 150 (I assume that's maxed?) and my Mid is 130. My STFT swings between 60 and 160.

My first question is, how do I correct this with MAF Scaling? I've altered the graph in ECUFlash so that it matches the tutorial on MAF Scaling. Starts at 19Hz and ends at 1600Hz. The thing is, I'm not sure how EvoScan fuel trims correspond to USBII fuel trims. What does a LTFT 150 correspond to?

Second question, how would these trims effect my cars performance, exactly?

The only modifications done to my car are:
-3" tbe
-Buschur open air filter (no hard pipe)
-MBC
-Upper Intercooler Pipe

Thanks everyone,

-Bill
Old Jan 27, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oops
Old Jan 27, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

What?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Where in VA are you? Evoscan depicts fuel trims a bit odd. 100 = 0%. There are threads that show how to change the evoscan formula. There are other threads that detail how to change latency and injector scaling to dial in fuel trims, if you haven't found those already. I haven't had the need to adjust maf scaling, but these guys can help.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

I have stock injectors. I don't THINK I should need to change scaling or latency for injectors. MAF Scaling should be able to help me fix my LTFT low and mid. I just don't fully understand how to do it. I know that 100 = 0%. But I've read that for ever 4 or 5 points above 100 in EvoScan equals about 1%. I wanted to see if someone could verify that for me, or just simply explain this to me.

I live in Fairfax Station, by the way.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

With mods that alter airflow and fueling needs, some have found it necessary to change latency and scaling. My fuel trims were whacky after cams and 10.5 turbine housing. Changing latency voltages did wonders. Like I said I am not experienced with maf scaling, but I suppose it should help fuel trims. I would post some logs of what you are seeing and the gurus should get you straight.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

If you want to, this is how to change evoscan fuel trims:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&postcount=195
Old Jan 28, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FuelsResearch
With mods that alter airflow and fueling needs, some have found it necessary to change latency and scaling. My fuel trims were whacky after cams and 10.5 turbine housing. Changing latency voltages did wonders. Like I said I am not experienced with maf scaling, but I suppose it should help fuel trims. I would post some logs of what you are seeing and the gurus should get you straight.
normally with any car and an open filter intake i adjust the maf scaling to something different then stock... it seems to help the car with idling issues and staying steady. Im not sure if there is any info on here about how to adjust it or what the adjustments do or what adjustments are recommended for what... i pretty much use the same adjustment for all open filter intakes and it works for me. If someone finds something, please post