Notices
ECU Flash

Highest whp on stock ECU

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ShamelessCookie
JB, how do you like the MAFT Pro? Does it provide considerable gains even with a relatively small turbo? Are you tuning on Speed Density?

It's something I'm considering in the future, especially to have the benefit of an IAT sensor.
It takes a little bit of fooling around with to get the main scale set right and have it be in the "zone" on the map based on stock ECU parameters. The nice thing is right now I have it set to emulate stock pretty well (within 3-4% load of where it should be) but I can always mess with the VE table and make it act smaller and gain resolution if I want. There are some cars that are running 540whp with this and hitting 270-280 load so its the way to go.

It is set in speed density with a 5bar that we had boxed laying around. Overkill for a Green but I will have room to grow in the future. Now that I am nearing getting the MAFT zero'd to my map I will start to retune with the Stock ECU.

I think there are considerable gains to be had getting rid of the stock MAF. Its great for realitively mild apps, but anything that wants to make some real power needs some help. Heck, Lucas made some serious power last night with it on a stocker...bottom end and fuel aside.
Old May 7, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this is what you're looking for. Stock ECU and MAF. 635whp
Attached Thumbnails Highest whp on stock ECU-13.jpg  
Old Aug 6, 2008, 09:13 AM

I'd like to know a little more about this setup ----^ 635 on a Dyno Dynamics is good power
Old Aug 7, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

What ever happened to development of speed density on the stock ecu. Did mixmastermatt or BEZ ever make any more progress? Speed density and increased control over the knock system are really the only two things needed to take the stock ECU to the next level.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
What ever happened to development of speed density on the stock ecu. Did mixmastermatt or BEZ ever make any more progress? Speed density and increased control over the knock system are really the only two things needed to take the stock ECU to the next level.

+111111???
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mixmastermatt go boom.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
I'm sure that Matt will comment, but when I talked to him last time there were some things that needed to be done to tune the VE table...like make a VE table that was a little more user friendly.

MAFT Pro and the stock ECU works well once its dialed but it takes a little while to get all the functions correct.

I agree that speed density (whether piggy backed or entirely stock ECU) and the stock knock control is a very potent combination.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I'm sure that Matt will comment, but when I talked to him last time there were some things that needed to be done to tune the VE table...like make a VE table that was a little more user friendly.

MAFT Pro and the stock ECU works well once its dialed but it takes a little while to get all the functions correct.

I agree that speed density (whether piggy backed or entirely stock ECU) and the stock knock control is a very potent combination.
I would love to go built motor and big turbo one day but I want to do it with stock ECU. Have you ever come across any documentation detailing what exactly the knock filters are. Perhaps if I take a couple brave pills I can experiment with them and see how they work.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my buschur 2.0 shorty/head/cam setup is on the way, can't wait to see what I can get out of it on the stock ecu/mas
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

that should provide some good info. I remember David made a comment about some of the motors he has built are noisy and other ones are not....I wonder how the stock ECU will respond.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:16 PM
Account Disabled

that should provide some good info. I remember David made a comment about some of the motors he has built are noisy and other ones are not....I wonder how the stock ECU will respond.
I am worried about that and if all else fails the AEM EMS I have sitting here will go into service.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon
I am worried about that and if all else fails the AEM EMS I have sitting here will go into service.

did you keep your balance shafts?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

wow and i almost bought an ems, im glad i didnt!.. this is some great info
Old Aug 7, 2008, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shameless Tuning
You can tune the stock ECU on a GM MAF or with no MAF at all with just a translator.

You should be able to make good power for sure... but resolution and lagginess becomes a problem. I don't know off the top of my head what the record is, but I would say 600whp is probably achievable, but not with stock MAF in place...
We have done it.
Sean
Old Aug 7, 2008, 01:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by justboosted02

did you keep your balance shafts?
they are still in there currently

Quick Reply: Highest whp on stock ECU