Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: TephraMod V5

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ohthree
where is everyone DLing these 5.9/5.10 ones ?
Beta testers get them first to check them for bugs.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
lol cossie...

sorry guys its 2am here at the moment so I will post up the rom's when I wake up..

damn olympics and australia being the last fracking team to come out (almost :P)
yeah i was the same waiting for New Zealand whats up with the Aussie uniform tho thort that was a bit funny looking (no offence)

anyways so the links to the ROM 90550001 will be on the first page of post correct????? just tried it and still no go....
Old Aug 8, 2008, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Tephra or somebody who can help me:

I just finished installing my Alt-Map switching on my Evo IX and HFS-1 system. However, my NLTS isn't working. When I turn the aquamist gauge off/on the little led light comes on indicating which map I'm using. The only problem I could think might be causing this is not installing the ECU pin correctly. I wasn't able to locate a complete set of instructions. I just pushed the pin through the back of the wire connector; not sure if this is correct though. Can you give me advice on how to troubleshoot the problem? In ECUFLASH I have the NLTS set to 1 which I'm guessing means 'On'. If the LED light indicator works does that mean the ECU pin is installed correctly?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 07:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeah the aussie uniform sucked big ****....

cheap and nasty hey

new thread up:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh....php?p=5989664
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtremeIX
Tephra or somebody who can help me:

I just finished installing my Alt-Map switching on my Evo IX and HFS-1 system. However, my NLTS isn't working. When I turn the aquamist gauge off/on the little led light comes on indicating which map I'm using. The only problem I could think might be causing this is not installing the ECU pin correctly. I wasn't able to locate a complete set of instructions. I just pushed the pin through the back of the wire connector; not sure if this is correct though. Can you give me advice on how to troubleshoot the problem? In ECUFLASH I have the NLTS set to 1 which I'm guessing means 'On'. If the LED light indicator works does that mean the ECU pin is installed correctly?
The LED on the alt map harness will come on when the "PIN" has 4.7 volts going to it, doesn't mean the ECU is switching maps correctly though. The best way to confirm that the maps are indeed switching is to datalog it. I believe its MUT address 41 or something (its listed in this thread about a 1000 times,lol). 0 means alt maps are off, 3 means they are on. I noticed if you go below the 1500ms 'Alt Map Time to Activate' setting, it won't actually switch maps for some reason.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
yeah the aussie uniform sucked big ****....

cheap and nasty hey

new thread up:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh....php?p=5989664
thanks teph
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

I finally had the pleasure of using NLTS for the first time on a good transmission/clutch tonight.

Freaking awesome! I'm set at 300RPM right now and it's almost perfect for me. 250-275 should be perfect I think.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
The LED on the alt map harness will come on when the "PIN" has 4.7 volts going to it, doesn't mean the ECU is switching maps correctly though. The best way to confirm that the maps are indeed switching is to datalog it. I believe its MUT address 41 or something (its listed in this thread about a 1000 times,lol). 0 means alt maps are off, 3 means they are on. I noticed if you go below the 1500ms 'Alt Map Time to Activate' setting, it won't actually switch maps for some reason.
OK, stupid question... I know its been in here 1000x and it is nearly impossible to search out in this thread. I added a section to the stock ecu wiki for it but here are what my results look like (attached)
(it shows 4 when switched on after the pause and 0 when switch off. Volts value shows 4.98046875 continuously)

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can fix my junk and the wiki? I can see it pause for the 1.5s and then see the idle timing change etc.
Attached Files

Last edited by fostytou; Aug 9, 2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't looked too far into it yet but I noticed the eval for the "Alt Map Input voltage" should be (x/255)*5, not 256. Also, they are both response bytes of 1, not 2.

Seems like something internally in the ECU might be shutting off the Alt-Maps. Are you using any failsafes to trigger the standard maps??

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Aug 9, 2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:30 PM
EvoM Community Team

I haven't looked too far into it yet but I noticed the eval for the "Alt Map Input voltage" should be (x/255)*5, not 256. Also, they are both response bytes of 1, not 2.

Seems like something internally in the ECU might be shutting off the Alt-Maps. Are you using any failsafes to trigger the standard maps??

Well, the on-off action was me just pushing the switch... it was switch only so there shouldn't be anything else interfering there. I should have seen the 255 error... but that barely starts to explain that. That means the voltage it is reading is a constant 5v according to calculations. I thought that initially there was a ceiling on the value (and now see that it was just the calc) so I was thinking that I may have had the already shrink wrapped zener backwards. From this I tried going full test and it pulls that value switch on/off including when I connect/disconnect power and ground to the whole switching system. Unfortunately my multimeter found its way out of my electrical box, so I'm out of luck on that for now.

I checked the response bytes and I'm using 1 (evoscan equations)... I just grabbed the MitsuLogger equations out of this thread. I'll fix those stat.

Let me know if you get any other good ideas. I don't think I'm overvolting it, I'd just like to be sure and be able to fix the wiki.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
mutlimeter is a great tool! Got one in my glove box

So the maps are not switching at all. THe pin to the ecu goes in one direction only and the white strip should be out as far as poss to make sure the pin goes down as far as possible.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 08:38 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by Evoryder
mutlimeter is a great tool! Got one in my glove box

So the maps are not switching at all. THe pin to the ecu goes in one direction only and the white strip should be out as far as poss to make sure the pin goes down as far as possible.

As far as I can tell they ARE switching. I'm just logging some strange values. I flipped the switch with the car running once and have my old pump maps on my alts and only ~5 degrees timing at idle. On my main E85 map I have ~14deg of timing at idle. After the pause I see the timing drop drastically into the correct range after I flip it.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Double check your grounds. You made the harness yourself?
Old Aug 10, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Log the raw X value of the input voltage. If its higher than 255, you are sending more than 5v into the ADC0F input. Might cause some issues, not sure.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 05:07 PM
EvoM Community Team

Log the raw X value of the input voltage. If its higher than 255, you are sending more than 5v into the ADC0F input. Might cause some issues, not sure.
Yeah, I'm not gonna flip the switch again until I get a multimeter handy. Its logging 255 raw the whole time switch on or off, power in or out, and any combination of the two.

Any ideas on how a 4 could pop up from the other value?

Quick Reply: PATCH: TephraMod V5