Notices
ECU Flash

how-to: Log AFR from the LC-1 w/o a serial cable

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
The LC-1 has an adjustable AFR output range for the 0-5 V wideband analog signal. Make sure that you are using a formula that matches the output range you have specified using the Innovate software for programming the LC-1. If you are certain that the correct formula is being used, and the value logged through the ECU is still off by more than 0.2 AFR from your innovate gauge, then there is a substantial voltage offset somewhere in the 0-5 V wideband circuit. The usual issue is placing the ground for the 0-5 V circuit too close to the ground for the LC-1 power. It needs to be in a separate location, preferably as close as possible to a ground location used for the ECU sensors. It takes a bit of attention-to-detail to make this work right, but it is all covered in the first post of this thread.
I just tried logging an AEM X series wideband 30-0300 , At idle the gauge reads static the readings after decimal dont fluctuate. Can this be an Offset in the voltage ? or it has something to do with the output of the sensor New Bosch sensor ?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
What Eval formula did you use?

John-
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyTSi
What Eval formula did you use?

John-
Hi john i used this formula and kept changing .. to match but at idle the value was just static it didnt change.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

I used PN: 30:4110 on all my cars and a few on my friends cars but never had this problem. I adjusted the formula and AFRs matched.
This X series is just not responding. May be it is a wiring issue or i am doing some thing wrong ?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Update*
After reading the first few pages of this thread it indicates that the formula needs to be changed
keeping in view the lowest and the highest AFR the WB can actually read.
The analog Voltage range is from 0-5V, the instruction manual says it can read 8.0:1 to 20.0 :1
In actually its reading 24:1 Leanest on the gauge, didnt see no less than 10.0 :1 on the gauge..
Can any one actually tell me the richest this model ( AEM X - PN: 30:0300) can read ??
Old Mar 24, 2018, 08:26 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Does this help?

found here http://www.aemelectronics.com/files/...ns/30-0300.pdf
Old Mar 24, 2018, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

I have already gone through this , the confusing part is.. According to this chart any Leaner than 18 the gauge will show --- blank.

I can see values lower than 18 - 19-20 till 24. I am trying to adjust the formula but cant get a definite value.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by mines5
I have already gone through this , the confusing part is.. According to this chart any Leaner than 18 the gauge will show --- blank.

I can see values lower than 18 - 19-20 till 24. I am trying to adjust the formula but cant get a definite value.
Sorry maybe i missed that. They give you the formula in the document. You just need to insert the scaling for volts. Based on that chart though if you are getting things out of range then its a sensor error. Anything greater then 4.5 volts.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 08:59 AM

if you wanted to do a quick trouble shoot on the equipment you can throw a multimeter on the analog output of the wideband and if the voltage is >4.5 at any point you know you have a sensor error.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
if you wanted to do a quick trouble shoot on the equipment you can throw a multimeter on the analog output of the wideband and if the voltage is >4.5 at any point you know you have a sensor error.
I will check that tomorrow. Suppose if there is a sensor error how can i compensate that in the formula ?
I will have to try 2 formulas here ,
1 - Evoscan formula
2- AEM's given formula in the above doc.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any luck? Also pretty sure you need to ground an additional wire on the X-series to get that analog voltage to work. Actually yes the brown wire needs to be ground to ecu ground for that 0-5v analog output to work properly. I havent connected that wire yet.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 92LaserRs
Any luck? Also pretty sure you need to ground an additional wire on the X-series to get that analog voltage to work. Actually yes the brown wire needs to be ground to ecu ground for that 0-5v analog output to work properly. I havent connected that wire yet.
What do you mean by grounding an additional wire ?
The ground for the AEM X was connected with ECU ground so i switched it to chassis ground but still no luck.
I get only one reading 19.2 and it gets stuck ... I also sure the Analog voltage data sheet for AEM X is not accurate .
If a sensor's limit is to show 20 AFR leanest how can the gauge show 24 AFR ?

If any one can chime in on this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 08:16 AM

If what your seeing doesn't line up with the data sheet you probably need to give AEM a call. Generally this is indicative of a bad part not an incorrect datasheet. Or just a mismatched data sheet, you could verify that the data sheet is correct for your model and revision #.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
If what your seeing doesn't line up with the data sheet you probably need to give AEM a call. Generally this is indicative of a bad part not an incorrect datasheet. Or just a mismatched data sheet, you could verify that the data sheet is correct for your model and revision #.
Okay ill do that. What about the logging issue ? the data doesnt increase or decrease its stuck.
How do i solve this part ?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by mines5
Okay ill do that. What about the logging issue ? the data doesnt increase or decrease its stuck.
How do i solve this part ?
Well if you know the V into the ecu is changing, but in your log it is not, then i would guess its probably the evoscan formula that needs tweaking. Try and insert a formula that just gives you the raw voltage on that input and once that is working try building out the formula to convert that to your afr number. Request ID "3C" function "0.01952*x"

Quick Reply: how-to: Log AFR from the LC-1 w/o a serial cable