ECU Flash

Evoscan logging Evo 6

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evoscan logging Evo 6

Hi guys!

just bought a tactrix, lc-1 and evoscan 2.2 and want to get started on logging my evo 6 gsr (jdm).

can anyone point me in the right direction for settings etc on the software.

I tried downloading my rom id using ecuflash but it wouldn't save it?

how can I log using map tracer? cant seem to get it to work.

all info is good....cheers
Mark.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sponners
Hi guys!

just bought a tactrix, lc-1 and evoscan 2.2 and want to get started on logging my evo 6 gsr (jdm).

can anyone point me in the right direction for settings etc on the software.

I tried downloading my rom id using ecuflash but it wouldn't save it?

how can I log using map tracer? cant seem to get it to work.

all info is good....cheers
Mark.
Well based on my experience with the cp9a model the tacktric cable won't work. You need to use the open port 1.3M cable from the evoscan website. This version of the cable has pins grounded to initiate diagnostic mode on the car which will allow you to log.

You won't be able to refladg your evo because ecu flash doesn't support reflashing for anything below the evo7. Likewise, you won't be able to maptrace since you can't maptrace as 2byte load is needed in order to map trace. You need to be able to reflash in order to log 2byte load in evo scan.

If I were you I'd sell the cable to a friend with a ct9a chassis evo and but the limitless.co.nz version, I'd also get v2.1 of evoscan since 2.2 is said to b buggy...I have yet to try it though.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R. Mutt
Well based on my experience with the cp9a model the tacktric cable won't work. You need to use the open port 1.3M cable from the evoscan website. This version of the cable has pins grounded to initiate diagnostic mode on the car which will allow you to log.

You won't be able to refladg your evo because ecu flash doesn't support reflashing for anything below the evo7. Likewise, you won't be able to maptrace since you can't maptrace as 2byte load is needed in order to map trace. You need to be able to reflash in order to log 2byte load in evo scan.

If I were you I'd sell the cable to a friend with a ct9a chassis evo and but the limitless.co.nz version, I'd also get v2.1 of evoscan since 2.2 is said to b buggy...I have yet to try it though.
cheers mate.
its the tactrix openport 1.3u cable I have (which works)

I've just changed over to evoscan 2.1.....and made (hopefully) all the required calc changes.

I will be changing over to a evo 7 ecu but just want to get the hang of things first!

shame about the map tracing on the 6 ecu.

Thanks for your help
Mark.
...................off to try v2.1 now