Notices
ECU Flash

Patch how-to: manifold air temperature logging

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 07:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
That's pretty good, but it should be closer. I'll try to post up revised scaling values today hopefully.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 07:16 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great! I will try those as soon as you post them. Let me know if you need anything specific from my side.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome job MrFred! I was just thinking about this a few days ago...I have to admit I would have thought IAT after IC would have been much higher (more like 110*), but I guess it is good to know....

I'll have to set this up on my car in the new year...Thanks again!
Old Dec 13, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tephra, have you had a chance to add this to your mod stuff so that Mr. Fred can stop being hounded to patch it over to other ROMS?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

How would one go about patching stuff like this for specific ROMS? I've always been really interested in all this stuff your maniacal geniuses have found and have wondered how to patch the stuff that has only been made for a few ROMs (Mr. Fred's wideband stuff, IAT logging, etc.). I wasn't able to find anything in the ECUFlash section (unless I missed it).
Old Dec 13, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on that. i think that if more ppl knew how to do this it would releave alot of pressure/work load from those who know how to do it. i would be up for learning, the more ppl that know how to do all this stuff the more things we will be able to learn/do with the stock ecu, a 1000 heads are better than 20...
Old Dec 13, 2008, 04:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally took my car down for a slew of little modifications. I got the intake mani off this afternoon, just got to get it prepped to get sent out to PPI for porting. Once it is back i will be tapping for the IAT sensor. I also picked up a hondata thermal gasket, EGR block off plate (EGR is officially gonzo), PTE 1000cc injectors, and i managed to get the MIL.SPEC TB seals installed as well. Can't wait to get this up and running
Old Dec 13, 2008, 04:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
I have included the MAT scaling code in my patch. but NOT the FuelTemp disabling code.

I am just in talks with MrFred about the best way to run it now...
Old Dec 13, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

I wld be more than willing to do some testing of this in v5.10 patch form. I have a car in the shop now that I'm installing a CBRD IC in and wld love to get some before and after MAT data. I also have another Evo that is getting an AMS unit that could compare with the CBRD for some great data. I've also got one here with an ETS and another with a TurboXS IC. I could get some really good IC comparison data. 2 of the cars are coming from
stock ICs. Let me know if either of you guys (Tephra, Mr Fred are interested). They are all different ROM IDs but, running v5.10.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 06:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by evo8dad
How would one go about patching stuff like this for specific ROMS? I've always been really interested in all this stuff your maniacal geniuses have found and have wondered how to patch the stuff that has only been made for a few ROMs (Mr. Fred's wideband stuff, IAT logging, etc.). I wasn't able to find anything in the ECUFlash section (unless I missed it).
Unfortunately, its takes some knowledge of disassembly and the SH2 code which makes it hard for the avg person who doesn't know this stuff to learn how to do it.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Unfortunately, its takes some knowledge of disassembly and the SH2 code which makes it hard for the avg person who doesn't know this stuff to learn how to do it.
I thought so. This stuff is just so cool that I would love to help anyway that I can. I would love to this patched for ROMs 96530006 and 94170015 because I have 2 customers in the shop that are both getting after IC (one a AMS and another a CBRD). I would love to be able do some testing to show the improvements each IC made over the stock IC and also to compare the 2 ICs.

If you (Mr. Fred) are willing to do the patch for these 2 ROMs that would be awesome. I could get some really good data to share. I've also got a car here with an ETS (a '05 GSR - I haven't pulled the ROM yet) and another with a Turbo XS (94170015) so I could get some info on those ICs as well.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 05:06 PM
EvoM Guru

I thought so. This stuff is just so cool that I would love to help anyway that I can. I would love to this patched for ROMs 96530006 and 94170015 because I have 2 customers in the shop that are both getting after IC (one a AMS and another a CBRD). I would love to be able do some testing to show the improvements each IC made over the stock IC and also to compare the 2 ICs.

If you (Mr. Fred) are willing to do the patch for these 2 ROMs that would be awesome. I could get some really good data to share. I've also got a car here with an ETS (a '05 GSR - I haven't pulled the ROM yet) and another with a Turbo XS (94170015) so I could get some info on those ICs as well.
If you are willing to do IC testing and post the results, I'll do the patch. What's the timeline to install the IC on the customer cars?
Old Dec 14, 2008, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

I'd be more than willing. The ETS car will be done at the end of the week. The CBRD car will be done probably by the 23rd and the AMS car will be done by the first of the year. The TurboXS car is done but, I'm having injector issues with it.

I'll pull the ROM out of the ETS car by Wednesdy or Thursday and will let u know what that one is.

Hopefully this will lead to so good info to help people in choosing ICs among other things.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 06:11 PM
EvoM Guru

I'd be more than willing. The ETS car will be done at the end of the week. The CBRD car will be done probably by the 23rd and the AMS car will be done by the first of the year. The TurboXS car is done but, I'm having injector issues with it.

I'll pull the ROM out of the ETS car by Wednesdy or Thursday and will let u know what that one is.

Hopefully this will lead to so good info to help people in choosing ICs among other things.
That would be great. PM me with the ROMs that need to be modified along with a "need-by" date for each ROM, and I'll get started.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Mrfred for starting to patch 96530006.

Quick Reply: Patch how-to: manifold air temperature logging