Notices
ECU Flash

Howto: EvoScan v2.3 reduced diagnostic light flashing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Howto: EvoScan v2.3 reduced diagnostic light flashing

Evoscan v2.2 was not really released, but is available to only new downloads, this is because I added mutithreading support and removed wideband support. V2.3 has new improved wideband support, including all versions of innovate widebands using a direct serial comport, none of the silly mts.dll sdk stuff, which would only cause installation issues, I communicated directly with the innovate widebands. and i have also discovered how to calibrate the innovate wideband from evoscan, which i will include in a future version.

I have now figured out how to do all the actuators for EFI, ABS, and AYC mitsubishi computers, and also included all the diagnostic codes for EFI(both MUT DTCs and OBDII DTCs ) ABS DTCs and AYC DTCs into EvoScan v2.3. i.e you can now bleed your own AYC.

the EvoScan 16pin reprogramming cables support these MUT protocols: EFI, ABS and AYC. these Subaru Protocols: SSMII, and these generic protocols: USA Mandated OBDII.

Obviously Evo7/8/9 EFI ecus have both the MUT and slower USA Mandated OBDII protocols, and the OBDII protocol has the best DTC code information and is what is displayed via the check engine light.

A few interesting things is that Evo7/8/9 don't need to be put into flash diagnostic mode to successfully datalog. so the evoscan cables have been designed to support 1994-1999 mitsubishis that do need diagnostic pin1 flashing mode for datalogging. if you have a pre jan2008 evoscan cable and an evo7/8/9 and only want efi logging, disconnect your pin1. Evoscan cables has now connected pin1 to a transistor to electronically enable disable pin1 where needed, also a new option has been added to evoscan to enable this. pin1 is also used for connecting to AYC and ABS ecus, so those with a tactrix cable will not be able to connect to them. Also some evoscan cables have pin 9 and pin 3, mostly for subaru support. Both of these pins interfere with the correct operation of EvoScan AYC and ABS connections and they cause the dashboard lights to flash all the time. So i would highly recommend to break off pins 3 and 9 from your evoscan cable, or disconnect the wires from the car side. AYC and ABS computers on all mitsubishi vehicles require the ABS/AYC lights to always flash when datalogging, there is no way around this. (short of disconnecting or putting in a switch on the led light, hehe) Actually an interesting point to note, is that when you connect to the AYC computer, the AYC diagnostic light stops flashing, but the ABS continues to flash. and vice versa, i.e. when you connect to the ABs computer, the ABS diagnostic light stops flashing and the AYC continues to flash.

I will be releasing a Beta version of V2.3 tomorrow, so I would like any feedback I can get to make it better, and to ensure there is zero bugs when logging. I have had a number of issues with Subaru SSMI and SSMII logging, so I will be doing a new round of subaru beta testing on this Monday to rid of all these issues, mostly around supporting all the different ecu_ids. if you have a subaru and want to beta test this for us, send me a support call or pm.

EvoScan V2.3 has a number of enhancements for Map Tracer, background image support for gauges, and thousands more enhancements that I'm sure you'll like.

EvoScan V2.3 now reaches 60,000 lines of code... thanks to all those involved so far, this has certainly been a successful project to date. and much more to come.

Last edited by evo4mad; Apr 30, 2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pin1 is also used for connecting to AYC and ABS ecus,
Can you give us more information about this communication?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

excellent cant wait
Old Apr 30, 2008, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BarryC
excellent cant wait

+1
Old Apr 30, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice.. I bet the AYC/ABS logging will be fun.... Being able to read the G-Force sensors and what not...
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:03 PM

Did we get all of the zeitronix boost error problems solved yet?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Will it be possible to log LMA-3 inputs as well as LC-1 using v2.3?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excellent cant wait
+1
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
excellent cant wait
+2
Old Apr 30, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Who needs a MUTIII Scanner when we got Evoscan!
lol

Evoscan FTMFW
Old May 1, 2008, 01:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
nice work Hamish!
Old May 1, 2008, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
nice...can't wait to update
Old May 1, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Is the cable compatibility issue (Pin 3 & 9) only for universal cables and not the Mitsu specific ones? I have a universal that I purchase from tacktrix.com back in March 08. Will I need to cut these pins?
Old May 1, 2008, 08:18 AM
Former Sponsor

yeah its only specific to Universal cables, because subaru uses pin9 for subaru 2002-2003WRX reflashing, so just make sure you dont have pin3 nor pin9 on your cable. Pin1 only exists on the evoscan cables, and not on the tactrix cable, so you wont be able to connect to AYC and ABS ecus anyway.
Old May 1, 2008, 08:20 AM
Former Sponsor

if you dont have (or disconnect) pin1 and pin9 you will never get flashing diagnostic lights.

But then you will not be able to connect to <1997 Mitsubishi EFI ecus, and not be able to connect to any AYC nor ABS ecus.

Quick Reply: Howto: EvoScan v2.3 reduced diagnostic light flashing