Notices
ECU Flash

evoscan aem uego

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evoscan aem uego

I can't seem to get EvoScan to log my AEM Uego. Everything is installed correctly. I can get it to log in Mitsulogger but not in EvoScan. I need EvoScan to work because I need to log my brother's Subaru STi also. (I downloaded the newest version of EvoScan which is version 2.2) Help?
Old May 14, 2008, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evoscan 2.2 didn't log anything for me, try 2.1
Old May 14, 2008, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Search for Evoscan uego in the ecu flash subforum (the one you are in now). Read the thread started by me. It has basically everything you need to make sure you can run it. V2.2 does not recognize the UEGO, it just reads 0 at all times. It will work in v2.0, but v0.99 is pretty much the most reliable one.

The instructions on how to download the older versions are in another thread but the information can be found in the one I started.

Last edited by Flump; May 15, 2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old May 30, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Links to download Evoscan versions

I needed the links for the older versions of EVOSCAN as well so here you go...

http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/EvoScanv0.99.zip

http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/EvoScanv2.0.zip

http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/EvoScanv2.1.zip

http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/EvoScanv2.2.zip
Old Jun 6, 2008, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanx Tahoe55 for the links.
deleted - I hope that evaluation will be available

Last edited by acamus; Jan 28, 2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
EvoScan2.3

deleted - I hope that evaluation will be available

Last edited by acamus; Jan 28, 2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Obfuscation is not for stopping crackers, anyone with half a brain can crack software, it is to stop people copy and paste code because .net is so very verbose. I am no longer using xenocode, there are plenty of free ones out there now. Previous version Links are now removed thanks to acamus. I am building a new website for registered users to get latest beta versions and previous versions of EvoScan, I will send an email out once it is ready.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

If you would go open source there would be plenty of volunteers including me to help you,
If you would go evaluation way (let's say version 0.99 - evaluation), I would buy it once confirmed it communicates with my car.
Keeping things secret does not help. But this is one man's opinion.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

it was open project at the start, trust me I was the only one working on it for the first 3 years on my own. $25 will break your bank? and you can get a full refund anyway. I don't see the issue really.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

I do not want to argue, but if I shall spend money for something which might work, I want to try it out first.

And I KNOW now that your effort is worth more than $25 once I have evaluated it.

I have not seen any money-back guarantee when I have posted the previous.
But if you look at it from the perspective of a guy that wants to diagnose/log his vehicle, there are many options that migth work, free and paid OBDII soft, yours is one of them, would you spend $25 for each of them?

And I am sorry that I was not around from the beginning to help you, but I have started with this only last March, since then I do my best to give back what I have received from the community.

Last edited by acamus; Jan 28, 2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 03:12 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Acamus, really?

Just because YOU don't want to test this out and get pwned when you can't figure out how to make it work does not mean everyone else should be able to steal this software. There is nothing wrong with emailing to ask for an evaluation. Just because getting your money back isn't explicit or guaranteed does not mean it won't happen. Sometimes you just have to ask.

Even if he gave a 'no' it is not your decision to make to tell anyone how to run their business, or how others can steal his software. Trustworthiness of "evaluation" aside, this is a great product that is worth well over $25 even if the AEM portion didn't work. There are plenty of free options out there if you don't want to shell out that cash.

I know Hamish puts a TON of time into this product. I also know how well open source projects work, especially with something that requires a specific $30k+ piece of hardware just to start. I've been part of multiple volunteer groups for such things and it is hard to get that collaboration going, let alone keep it going.

I seriously urge you to remove your posts describing the method to unlock the program... easy as it may be for some other person to find out how.

All the information is available, and Hamish's support has been great since the day I purchased this software. While I agree an evaluation version might be nice, I'd much rather have that time spent bettering the product that already exists.

If you want to collaborate and help someone with free logging software please head over to the active matrix. You'll see there that while great ideas and products do come out, it often takes much longer and much more work collaborating.

The posts above will *surely* not be giving anything back to the community. You can see it has already sapped some motivation and taken some extra time from development of the product, wasting that time on securing code and securing a product. I believe that some of the lack of security in that software is directly related to ease of use. I hope your posts don't change that. Lord knows none of us need another headache, please don't help to create one for any of us.

Last edited by fostytou; Jan 28, 2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

I have even helped Hamish, but I reconsider it again, you have just de-motivated me. I will rather
help those that can listen.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Anyway, back to the original post, I have worked out the fault with the AEM logging, turns out kernel32 on 64bit editions of windows handles pinned pointers differently, so I will be using the system.io classes instead of the faulty rs232 code. Cody and I are beta testing it the last 3 days, it will be released working as part of EvoScan v2.6 Beta7
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by acamus
I have even helped
Thanks for that help, I am just 1 person doing this in the evenings, you guys are 10,000s of users, sorry I don't remember you.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
so it v.99 the last version that uego logging worked on?

I have windows xp and v2.5

I haven't tried it yet because I haven't made me uego to usb harness

Quick Reply: evoscan aem uego