Notices
ECU Flash

Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def

Old May 16, 2008, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def

EDIT - THIS THREAD HAS BECOME MORE OF AN ONGOING DISCOVERING OF MAPS THAN IT IS ASKING FOR HELP. IT IS NOT JUST FOR THE 80700010 EVO 7 GT-A, BUT FOR OTHER OBSCURE ROM VERSIONS. SO IF YOU HAVE A ROM THAT IS A LITTLE OUT OF THE ORDINARY FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN ON THE DISCUSSION.

Surely there must be somebody who knows more about this Definition than is available by default. It is for the less common EVO7 GT-A (automatic), but I believe the Airtrek uses this too. Has anyone uncovered the fuel and ignition temperature correction maps, or any of the auto transmission control maps? I am at a point where I am willing to offer money for anyone who can help with this, or if anyone can give me a small helping hand in how to go about finding the maps myself.

You see, I have almost 20 years of experience tuning engine management, but I have no experience at all with hex programming or the inner working of the ECU coding. So when it comes to ripping apart the ROM file I have no idea where to start.

So, pretty please, can anyone help me with this? I know there are many others out there needing help with this too.

I have attached the 80700010 xml file with the corrected data endian (default is wrong and displays corrupt).
Attached Files
File Type: zip
80700010.zip (3.0 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by Mattjin; Sep 8, 2008 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Update
Old May 16, 2008, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

And the ROM file too might help...

Attached is the OEM map.
Old May 16, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Better try again.

Due to file size limitations, it is RAR and ZIP. Sorry.
Attached Files
02_LANCER_EVO7_AT_80700010.zip (91.6 KB, 80 views)
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

i would also be interested in more information on this as it would be interesting. Anyone???

Please...
Old Jun 12, 2008, 04:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Hey Matt,

What exactly are you looking for? fuel/ign temp maps? I don't think there is such a thing. Describe what you mean - i might have time today to take a look...

cheers
d.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Hello there. I am writing to you with a bit of a concern. I am currently in the Dominican Republic and have a friend that owns a Mitsubishi Evo GT-A and we have tried tuning it with ECU Flash and we can get the ignition maps dead on and also the fuel maps, but the boost cuts at 18 PSI (1.2-1.3 bar). What has to be done to revert this? Is there anything mechanically that has to be done to the vehicle?

We are also thinking of mating an Apexi Power FC to the car...pretty much having both ECU's in the car...the main to control the transmission and the PFC for the power handling.

Any information you may provide on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Miguel Almanzar
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:11 PM
EvoM Guru

have you bumped up your boost cut map?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Tehpra,
All ecu's that I have ever worked on have correction maps for fuel and ignition based on intake air temp and coolant temp. I know for certain my car runs a more retarded timing (~15 deg) off-boost up until it passes 80C coolant temp. There must be more maps that everyone hasnt found yet that control this stuff.

Mymigi, the GT-A should not cut at that boost level. I am running near 1.5Bar and I have not touched the boost cut numbers. Be sure you are using OEM spark plugs and you should not have any problems. Wrong plug at the wrong gap and it could be blowing out the spark.

I am working on compiling a better XML for the GT-A. Some testing today showed that for certain the Low Octane Maps are never used under any conditions. Either they were initially mis-labelled or there is another 3D map that has not been uncovered yet. I tend to believe the latter because there is a more retarded map that the ECU reverts to, and its not the one the definition file shows. Also discovered today that the Wastegate Control turns off as soon as the ECU Octane Number drops, and will not enable again until it raises above 75%
My suggestion is for anyone playing with these cars to make sure you have the High Octane map correctly tuned, and do not rely too much on the knocmk control to save you. On these cars it works but it does some odd stuff.

So is there anyone who can help to identify another Low Octane map for fuel and ignition?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Matt - yes that's cold start, we arn't really concerned with tuning coldstart because a) its only a short time, b) this is when the engine is most vunerable

I can take a look at the rom and see if your hi/lows are labelled correctly - but its going to have to wait until next week
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Updated Definition File for EVO7 GT-A

This has the ECU Periphery and a few others included. Definitely ECU Periphery0 does work, but be careful playing with it if you dont know what you are doing. I tried today with 0x5650 for that value to try to disable my knock control (dont ask please). This value removes Immobiliser, Rear O2, and Knock Sensor. This cars comes without Immobilser and Rear O2 anyway. Doing this reverts to 0 Octane which then uses the hidden mapping for Low Octane Ignition and Fuel. One that is not in the Definition. Also it disables the wastegate control, so the end result was that it was useless anyway.

Most of the other stuff in there is of little use to most people, but the maps seem to correlate with other ROM versions.
Attached Files
80700010 update.zip (3.3 KB, 34 views)
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:38 PM
EvoM Guru

try 0x4399 as your low oct ign map...

edit - very different mapping to what we normally see.

In some respects more like a IX ign routine than a 7/8...

Last edited by tephra; Jun 13, 2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

I think I found the true Low Octane Map!!! Was doing some playing around in a Hex Editor and found an address with numbers which looked very similar to the High Octane map. Made some changes to the XML to add the new address and voila, a new map is discovered.

Will do some testing over the weekend and will post the updated definition file if its correct.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:52 PM
EvoM Guru

what was the address?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Also looks like the true Low Octane Fuel map is now found.

Appears that there are two High and two Low Octane maps for both fuel and ignition, but only one of each is utilised.

Report back again soon.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Low Octane Ignition Map 1 - 4399
Low Octane Ignition Map 2 - 450d

Working on the fuel ones now. One of them appears to be at 37f1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def