car stalls with a/c on - Page 5 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
EcuFlash
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car stalls with a/c on

Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, I found them all on here.
Old May 15, 2017, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Can someone help me. Instead of making a new thread I am just going to ask here. So I had a iacv issue last week. Basically, I thought mine was bad, so I bought a cheap eBay one, cheap eBay one came in and I was having an erratic idle so I messed with the biss screw. I said screw the cheap eBay iacv, cleaned my oem one good and put it back in. I also turned the biss screw back a few turns to where it was. Ever since then, whenever I turn my AC on, the car stumbles horribly and eventually shuts off. What in the hell could have happened? Car runs perfect with AC off, as soon as I turn it on, dies.

Please help!
Old May 16, 2017, 01:22 AM
Account Disabled

Just back off the biss screw a bit, then a bit more.

Do you have an atmo BOV?
Old May 16, 2017, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bmurray View Post
Can someone help me. Instead of making a new thread I am just going to ask here. So I had a iacv issue last week. Basically, I thought mine was bad, so I bought a cheap eBay one, cheap eBay one came in and I was having an erratic idle so I messed with the biss screw. I said screw the cheap eBay iacv, cleaned my oem one good and put it back in. I also turned the biss screw back a few turns to where it was. Ever since then, whenever I turn my AC on, the car stumbles horribly and eventually shuts off. What in the hell could have happened? Car runs perfect with AC off, as soon as I turn it on, dies.

Please help!
Was the battery disconnected at the time? The Evo ECU will need to relearn idle settings for both AC on and AC off, this takes a few drive cycles to complete. Also, when you "adjusted" the BISS did you do so using EVOSCAN actuator section to turn off the ISCV, set it, then re enable the ISCV per the FSM, if not I'd go back through that procedure and set the Base Idle correctly.
Old May 16, 2017, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RightSaid fred View Post
Just back off the biss screw a bit, then a bit more.

Do you have an atmo BOV?
Yes but I am on speed density. Okay I will try that

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 View Post
Was the battery disconnected at the time? The Evo ECU will need to relearn idle settings for both AC on and AC off, this takes a few drive cycles to complete. Also, when you "adjusted" the BISS did you do so using EVOSCAN actuator section to turn off the ISCV, set it, then re enable the ISCV per the FSM, if not I'd go back through that procedure and set the Base Idle correctly.
Battery was never disconnected. Alright thank you looks like it all just needs to be reset in evoscan and via biss screw