Notices
ECU Flash

Stalling issues..Mind looking at my maps?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The stalling came back on the 0011 rom. So I went back to the 0006 rom, and Im trying to tune it out. I started with stock 0006 values for MAF scaling and initial ISCV tables.

Now that I have got my MAF scaling close, set the BISS to 850-900, bumped up the initial ISCV values to the 0011 values, and set the desired idle to 1000 it still stalls. But it isnt as bad. If I decelerate in gear down to <2k rpm, then hit the clutch, it wont die. But if I hit the clutch prior to that, it dies or gets real close.

So Ive somewhat learned to drive around it, so to speak. This weekend I'll probably do a boost leak test, clean the MAF, and check out the ISCV.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Join the club. I cant fix the issue on my car either. Really dont know where to turn for help at this point.

Im going stand alone and being done with it for good
Old Nov 4, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Charlie, I think you're having the exact issue that my customer has. I mentioned it in the other thread. I thought it was a mechanical issue, but it may not be.

With his car, I switched to the EDM ROM as well. He has intermittent stalling issues ... usually the first start and couple of clutch-in instances after a flash. After that it is golden, but the issue will pop up again a couple of minutes/hours/days afterward.

When diagnosing I flahsed his original ROM back tot he car and got the same result on the initial startup. we didn't test further. That's why I assumed it was mechanical.

Last edited by TouringBubble; Nov 4, 2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Thats the way Im leaning..mechanical. It was very ironic that it all started happening right when I started using the EDM rom. But now it happens on a stock 0011 rom and the edm rom. I havent logged the ISCV yet. Wasnt sure what to look at, or what to change. This weekend, Im going to get into it a little more.

Sorry for the double threads, BTW. I just wanted to update this one with where I currently stand with it. The other one was mainly for figuring out the map definitions.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Join the club. I cant fix the issue on my car either. Really dont know where to turn for help at this point.

Im going stand alone and being done with it for good
if you know you have no leaks, plugs are good and all mech stuff is good, i suggest to try the map to maf limiting patch i posted earlier. transfer all of your stuff over, leave the added cal tables the same (you'll see them under misc) and set all ide settings to stock (the rom is already set that way as posted).

now, if you are using the stock intake snorkel, do not use this patch. when i install my stock snorkel, all stalling goes away. you might have another issue.

i have a big front mount(bar/plate), ic piping, jdm bov, evo8, gt35r, k&n cone, hard intake pipe, fic750's, walbro, tbe,etc.

but yeah..standalone will solve all.

i didn't port over a rendition to the 06 for '05 cars yet.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Charlie_B,

When did you add the ETS intake to your car? Was it around the same time that you switched ROMs? It might be worth a shot to reinstall your stock intake to see if the stalling goes away.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Same ploblem Charlie_B. if it finds something. Say in this post, thanks!

Same ecu 9653006 in my evo viii.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

I had the intake on the car for about 2 months before I switched over to the EDM rom, with no stalling issues. The problem started happening immediately when I switched ROMs. So much that I thought I screwed up the rom switch. I went back to my old tephra 96940011 rom (V2, I beleive). And it went away. I later tried to go back to the EDM rom, stalling came back, went back to 11 rom, still stalled, now back on EDM rom, and stalling.

I do get a rich condition when slightly lifting off the throttle (ie: crusing at 25% TPS, lift off to 20% TPS) when cruising (WB shows full rich). That has been there since day 1 with the intake. And I have been unable to tune it out. I could have swore every intake tuning thread Ive read says they raised the scaling. Ive had to drop mine, according to fuel trims. They are now within 5%. But I still have the lift off rich condition. The MR DV flutters alot too when that happens. I wish I hadnt broke the nipple off the stocker, or Id toss it in.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Mine started with the install of my ETS turbo kit w/thier intake and 880cc injectors as well so I dont have an intake to go back to.

I guess I will try the patch. Touring Bubble issue is just as my car is acting.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoredy
if you know you have no leaks, plugs are good and all mech stuff is good, i suggest to try the map to maf limiting patch i posted earlier. transfer all of your stuff over, leave the added cal tables the same (you'll see them under misc) and set all ide settings to stock (the rom is already set that way as posted).

now, if you are using the stock intake snorkel, do not use this patch. when i install my stock snorkel, all stalling goes away. you might have another issue.

i have a big front mount(bar/plate), ic piping, jdm bov, evo8, gt35r, k&n cone, hard intake pipe, fic750's, walbro, tbe,etc.

but yeah..standalone will solve all.

i didn't port over a rendition to the 06 for '05 cars yet.
As posted in the other thread
You are the fu*&ing man. It works 100% It works

My EVO is my friend again. evoready FTMFW

I had to bump the idle setting a little from stock to just 1000 was a little too low and lopey for my liking and turned the boost down a little so the map can be touched up. Car drives 100% smooth on, off and transitioning to boost. Oh and did I mentioned it falls to a sweet *** idle again
Old Nov 4, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

The solution for the idle is upload tephra 96940011 rom in the ecu???
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

You just need someone to port it over tou your rom I would guess
Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Oettinger
The solution for the idle is upload tephra 96940011 rom in the ecu???

I think GSRboi's solution was to use the MAP to MAF patch talked about above.

I have the same issues on the 0011 rom and the 0006 rom.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Yes sir works like a charm