Notices
ECU Flash

EVO Drive Cycle for OBD-II emissions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have one try left before having to fill out some waiver form or something to get a 3rd re-try. So my second attempt I need to know I will pass...haha.

Im going to install the stock map tomorrow, reflash back to stock - drive all week and get it inspected again saturday, I will be a few days over but I guess tech. you get a 5 day window. Plus I have my FAIL paper showing i at least tried to get it inspected

If you can have 1 not ready and pass then maybe I will be fine and not have to go through this who back to stock thing?

Can anyone confirm for PA?
Old Sep 28, 2008, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
So word on the street is travman was missing 1 monitor and tried to "fix" it by going back to stock O2 and reflashing the car. Then the EVAP wouldn't set along with the O2 and he failed LOL!

What states allow you to miss 1 monitor?
BINGO.....only reason we tried was it was my brother-in-law and he wasnt going to charge me if i failed and he said f-it lets go for it....
Old Sep 29, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

any update.

My freind is having the same issue with mr freds rear 02 sim patch and a JDM MAP.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

The rear O2 patch works - my "cat" shows as ready.

Just talked to a mech. in pittsburgh and he said i can pass with (1) test not ready as long as its not the cat or evap. So I am getting inspected tomorrow, I would have passed Saturday if i didn't reflash the car thinking it was the front O2 sim possibly causing the problem then EVAP wouldn't come on. So I failed due to evap not ready...

All are on now except for the front O2 - have a good feeling its the map sensor throwing it off but if i don't need it to pass im not going to worry with it.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

do you run the front 02 sim and the rear 02 sim?
Old Sep 29, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
do you run the front 02 sim and the rear 02 sim?
I did run both (but now just have the rear O2)....but then I thought maybe that was causing the front O2 not to be "ready" so I flashed it back to stock O2 and after 2 days of driving the front O2 is still not ready which leaves me to believe the map sensor is causing it.

As i said in another post there was a generic list of things the front O2 sensor checks will look at and one is the map sensor...so if there is a certain voltage or piece of data that it wants to see to complete the check it wont due to the 3bar map and how its scaled. (this is all assumptions at this point, but kind of makes sense - Unless someone can conform there front O2 is "ready" and have the oem 3bar map installed.)

If someone could do what the suby guys did and find where we can enable the codes to always be "ready" then problems like these wouldn't be an issue. HINT HINT!
Old Sep 29, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
I did run both (but now just have the rear O2)....but then I thought maybe that was causing the front O2 not to be "ready" so I flashed it back to stock O2 and after 2 days of driving the front O2 is still not ready which leaves me to believe the map sensor is causing it.

As i said in another post there was a generic list of things the front O2 sensor checks will look at and one is the map sensor...so if there is a certain voltage or piece of data that it wants to see to complete the check it wont due to the 3bar map and how its scaled. (this is all assumptions at this point, but kind of makes sense - Unless someone can conform there front O2 is "ready" and have the oem 3bar map installed.)

If someone could do what the suby guys did and find where we can enable the codes to always be "ready" then problems like these wouldn't be an issue. HINT HINT!
I have the EVO X Map sensor (same as JDM MAP) and my front o2 is ready. I am just waiting on the EGR as I need to get inspected tomorrow.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mfr122887
I have the EVO X Map sensor (same as JDM MAP) and my front o2 is ready. I am just waiting on the EGR as I need to get inspected tomorrow.
hmm well there goes that theory - i have no idea why my front O2 wont show as ready.....its blowing my mind but im not surprised.

thanks for the confirmation........
Old Sep 30, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

actually I think that backs up the theory. My friend also has JDM map and his front 02 is not ready but everything else passes, EGR says not supported. This is because with mr freds rom changed when installing the JDM map you can disable periphery 2. This will make the EGR show up as not supported but I suspect it will also make the front 02 not ready.

So it seems like you can either have front 02 ready but EGR not ready, or you can disable the periphery 2 and have EGR as not supported but front 02 as not ready.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

actually I think that backs up the theory. My friend also has JDM map and his front 02 is not ready but everything else passes, EGR says not supported. This is because with mr freds rom changed when installing the JDM map you can disable periphery 2. This will make the EGR show up as not supported but I suspect it will also make the front 02 not ready.

So it seems like you can either have front 02 ready but EGR not ready, or you can disable the periphery 2 and have EGR as not supported but front 02 as not ready.
Sounds right. I opted to have EGR not ready as I can still pass an inspection with one monitor not ready. However, I might be wrong but I believe I saw all my monitors ready at one point when I was scaling my injectors. I could be wrong though.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

I changed my periphery 2 back to stock and my EGR is "ready" but my front O2 is not....if i change periphery2 to disable egr they both show as "not ready".

mfr122887: your saying now your not sure if all were ready? do you have scantech? if so plug it in and hit the monitors tab and it will show you......
Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

It was a couple of weeks ago, since then there have been many reflashes. Currently everything is ready except for EGR and I just picked the car up from a NYS inspection, it passed.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

It was a couple of weeks ago, since then there have been many reflashes. Currently everything is ready except for EGR and I just picked the car up from a NYS inspection, it passed.
Do you have egr enabled or disabled through periphery 2?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
Do you have egr enabled or disabled through periphery 2?
Enabled
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 PM

Last day on my temp tag, not ready. i keep blowing off a vacuum tube from the egr valve. reconnected and disconnected power the night before. sounds like I may need some luck since i have read this thread. I was told it would pass when I bought it. i'll get a couple weeks of driving on it and see where I end up.

Quick Reply: EVO Drive Cycle for OBD-II emissions