Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO Drive Cycle for OBD-II emissions

Hey guys,

i scanned my ecu recently and three monitors say "incomplete". These are

1. Oxygen Sensor Monitor
2. Oxygen Sensor Heater
3. Catalyst Monitor

No check engine lights, no issues, no nothing!

I have to say that last wednesday i had to jump the car since the battery died. After that i drove it:

- Wednesday after jumping for around 10 miles
- Thursday 25 miles city driving
- Friday 25 miles city driving
- Saturday around 70 miles and some beating
- Saturday i flashed it and some beating and then again around 70 miles driving, mostly highway
- Sunday parked
- Monday around 60 miles of which 30 with the a/c on, idle with a/c for 5min, then the rest 30 miles highway driving
- Today around 10-12 miles after it warmed up on idle

i am not sure if the flashing of the car reset certain checkings but i am curious when the above mentioned sensors will check ok in order to pass the inspection...

The car doesn't have any CELs for a VERY long time, i currently have a test pipe with a mechanic fix and i have never had a CEL for the o2 sensor...

Who can help?
Old Sep 23, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

If it is like older obd cars or tohers i believe it's like 5 drive cycles which include a certain amount of feeway driving or above a higher speed and a certain amount of idling time as well. also If I am not mistaken flashing might reset the counter again to zero just like fuel trims on a 9 .. I'll throw a po30x code and after a few days it goes away from completing the cycles without further error.

Good Luck
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

BUMP!!

any other opinions?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

bump again...
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

bump again!

no one had that issue before? what i dont understand is why we cannot do something similar to what the Slowbaru guys did. By using Romraider i believe, they can force all monitors to show ok thus have their cars inspection ready...
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The drive cycles are in the service manual. Let me see if I can find the ones you are looking for.

Eric
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

i have the service manual but the drive cycles are extremely difficult to achieve. I might try going to a dyno where its a controlled environment. However the ones that i tried didn't have any success...

i passed 160 miles and 5 cold starts but still nothing...
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You could have told me you had the manual before I wasted the last 20 minutes making the pages into jpgs.

It sounds like all you need to do is follow the drive cycles for pattern 1, 2, and 4. They don't look too hard to achieve. Eventually, in just normal driving you should achieve them as well.

Since I wasted time, here are the ones I think you need to follow:

Eric
Attached Thumbnails EVO Drive Cycle for OBD-II emissions-gr00003100-13a-25.jpg   EVO Drive Cycle for OBD-II emissions-gr00003100-13a-27.jpg  

Last edited by l2r99gst; Sep 26, 2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Eric THANK YOU really! i am sorry that i didn't mention that i already have the manual!

But your efforts show a genuine member who wants to contribute in the community.

A million thanks!

As far as they drive cycles... i tried them but nothing.... i want to actually try No.4 again but to have evoscan on the side to monitor the airflow rate...

No.2 although it seems very easy doesn't seem to work... i tried it numerous times but still nothing... maybe i am doing something wrong? i dont know... Saturday and Sunday they are dedicated to complete all the monitors and inspect the car...

i will update...

Thanks again for your help!!!
Old Sep 27, 2008, 09:41 AM
Account Disabled

The front O2 seems to be a real *****. I'm unsure right now but it seems like the front O2 will never be ready with mrfreds wideband patch. My friend just left the inspection/emissions place because he could not get his car to pass with the front O2 after driving for a couple days and a full tank of gas. He put it back to the stock front O2 and has been driving around for a couple hours now and still the front O2 is still not ready.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:53 PM
Account Disabled

kouzman, do you have the stock MAP sensor or a JDM 3 bar one?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

stock. Haven't changed to the jdm yet althought that I have in my garage over a year...
Old Sep 27, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Can anyone confirm there front O2 "ready" check works with the 3-bar map? I drove around 3 hrs today locally and all checks are ok but front O2 still and I am on the stock O2 sensor....

Why I ask is....my brother in law owns the garage I had my car at and we got out his emissions book from penn dot. One of the items that the front O2 "checks" is the map sensor according to the book (now this is generic not direct towards mitsu). So I am going to put the stock map back in Monday and go totally back to a stock rom other than my injector settings...

I have 2 days left and i have to pass.....so somehow someway i have to figure out why the front O2 is being a *****.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

if you only have one monitor incomplete you will pass. The problem with the inspection is when you have more than one.... Drove today again bit nothing... Tomorrow I will try again the specific drive cycles all day....
Old Sep 27, 2008, 04:43 PM
Account Disabled

So word on the street is travman was missing 1 monitor and tried to "fix" it by going back to stock O2 and reflashing the car. Then the EVAP wouldn't set along with the O2 and he failed LOL!

What states allow you to miss 1 monitor?

Quick Reply: EVO Drive Cycle for OBD-II emissions