Notices
ECU Flash

94170015 MAP to MAF Patch:

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 02:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Oettinger
This patch is only for 94170015? I need for 96530006 and 90550001.
i updated the OP with 96530006 v5.10. haven't taken a look at 90550001 at all. if you guys have 3bar sensors, make sure you do some good logging/scaling/testing first before going WOT. i can't guarantee any of these posted settings for that sensor and i know they are WAY off for the 3bar. just FYI...
Old Nov 10, 2008, 04:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the 0006 rom. I'll test it out over the next couple of days.

Due to the weather, I didnt get much done this weekend. But I'll go ahead and test.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Need my evo european install one MAP jdm for this patch?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

I had a chance tonight to check the 96530006 rom out tonight. It stalled a couple of times. And picked itself back up a couple of others. Im raising the desired rpm up and going to check it out in the morning. It definitely isnt as bad as it previously was. I lowered desired rpm to more stock like numbers and that may have had something to do with it. Cruise AFRs were boucing for the first portion of the trip, but settled down eventually.

Id like to get some more input on tuning the calibration and VE tables. Do you just enter the addresses on the first page into the MUT table, in "unused" spots? Then log appropriately? Im not very familiar with all that MUT tables does and havent done much other than setup for 2byte stuff. Then how exactly are you using the info in the logs?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Charlie_B
I had a chance tonight to check the 96530006 rom out tonight. It stalled a couple of times. And picked itself back up a couple of others. Im raising the desired rpm up and going to check it out in the morning. It definitely isnt as bad as it previously was. I lowered desired rpm to more stock like numbers and that may have had something to do with it. Cruise AFRs were boucing for the first portion of the trip, but settled down eventually.

Id like to get some more input on tuning the calibration and VE tables. Do you just enter the addresses on the first page into the MUT table, in "unused" spots? Then log appropriately? Im not very familiar with all that MUT tables does and havent done much other than setup for 2byte stuff. Then how exactly are you using the info in the logs?
yay my other port works (no way of testing it on my side!) thanks for trying it out.

yes on the MUT stuff. they are 2byte, so you must put the next address too. like for example 8988 will need mut 0-8988 and mut1-8989. in evoscan, you must edit the data.xml file and manually add in a "requestid2." there should be better documentation around here somewhere.

was it a lean stall? try the 1st set of settings and map cal values. my added resolution may be completely wrong for your car. good luck.

to add, i just tested this on another tuned 03 evo8, tbe, 272's, mafpipe, cone filter, *hks ssqv VTA, ams ic piping, buschur race i/c, stock turbo, walbro, stock injectors, etc. worked great with my added resolution/map cal and i clipped 1K rpms and above. car does not die anymore even after on boost lift off to neutral.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Oettinger
Need my evo european install one MAP jdm for this patch?
huh? just to be safe man, wait until we get some more info. i don't have any numbers for the 3bar map and i don't even know if the evo7 RA edm has a map(i think it does though/if so which one). i will keep you posted when i find more info.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:23 AM
Evolving Member

It stalled a couple times this morning as well. Upon clutch in, it will go full lean, act like its going to catch itself, then go rich and slowly die. I tried to put into a "stall" condition several times this morning and it only stalled twice. The other times it would just go lean for a little while, then settle. What do you mean by adding more resolution? And once I get setup to log this stuff, how are you using the data?

Also during cruise conditions, the WB fluctuates alot. But not a huge deal. I didnt buy the Evo for mpg.

I cant log crap. My POS laptop battery only lasts about 10 min. Ive got to get a power convertor or find a good battery for this 5 year old laptop.

edit: Please bare with me here...So by using the intial VE settings you posted on the first page, the MAF will take over at a later RPM (1500, as opposed to 1125). What do the units represent? Am I right in assuming that no matter what RPM, the MAP will take over in vaccum conditions?

Last edited by Charlie_B; Nov 11, 2008 at 03:43 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

I went back to some previous MAF scaling numbers and it seems to have helped. I just went on a short test drive and couldnt get it to stall.

I still want to tune the VE and calibration tables for my setup. I just need to get my head wrapped around what the tables actually do, then do some logging.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I bumped up like 20 from the high resolution idle scaling evoready posted. No more bogging but I still get AFR's all over the place at idle. The cruise is fine.

Idle does fluctuate a little to when first clutching down with the new high resolution maps but all in all my car is driveable.

Also noticed like I said I was running about .5 lean up top which I've since tuned back in.

I love my EVO
Old Nov 11, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

my car is very drivable and this patch is the only thing that works. lol. here are my full settings, idle and all. it seems to be OK.

first off, the MAP to MAF offset is a mutiplier of sorts. it directly affects the MAP Emulated MAF address. 128.000 units big endian is a happy medium with the stock MDP. any higher, and the number becomes less tunable for my setup. Log the MAP/MAF Emulated value and MAF after filter value with 2byte Airflow scaling (6.29*x/64). the number becomes easliy loggable and useful. as said earlier, the MAP emulated MAF number must be higher then the Actual MAF Filtered number when under any throttle and boost. you will notice this with any of the settings i've posted. the trick is to calibrate our stock (or JDM MAP) mdp to make the VE Table usable/tunable.

i have logged the x value of the stock MDP and have come up with a happy safe medium for the MAP Cal table:

i get a min of about 60 at vacume/downhill and a max of 247 at boost.

here is my VE Table:

this VE Table may cause lean stalls at idle when the idle "hovers" close to the correction (especially with AC on) for most people as i have extensive mods to my intake/ic system. also, the idle re-scalings are around when i get my stumble as you notice the corrections. you will have to bump the numbers up and/or change the curve depending on your setup. i left all settings stock for my ISCV, but have bumped my idle to 1000 rpms in all areas (i know, kind of high, but i know i can go lower). car idles at 1K very well and 'beats the idle to submission' when it drops on throttle lift-off. every car is different.

log the values and observe what the patch is doing as bez has stated in his posts. then you will see your changes to the VE table take effect. some idle rpm tuning/bumping up may be necessary as the stock values are just too low regardless for heavy intake mods. i have set my base idle with a non-map-to-maf rom to 850ish. good luck. thanks for your testing/input.

AFR's will always bouce around at idle because the MAF pipe/gt35r-biggie turbos/ic piping/ic etc just moves a lot more air and is very finicky at idle--probably due to turbo spool down/etc.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

On the new "map calibration" and "map to maf" tables, what are the actual "units" values on the bottom? How do i scale/translate from my logs?

I have a jdm map sensor, big turbo, 850s, etc so hopefully I can contribute something.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Evoredy have you been able to further combat lean stalls and idling???
Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Evoredy have you been able to further combat lean stalls and idling???
nope.

i haven't sat down and troubleshot either. i did however clean the heck out of my EGR, TB, replace O2, used a MAF traslator with GM 3" MAF in the stock location, tweaked MAFT settings, etc. no luck.

the offest and VE multipliers on this patch may be too "generalized" and not precise enought to find the PERFECT medium for some. they do however make the car drivable.

on the other hand, i'm running FIC 750 deplhi/rochester/multec whatever disc/ball type injectors. I have rc1200's on the way because now i'm running rich on one cylinder in the 0-2000 rpm range (fueled up spark plug). car pulls great and afr's are solid WOT. IDC was always 85-95% and probably worked these FIC's to death.

this link scares me lol. i will report back after the RC's are in an going: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuYgsRMDl60

edit oh yeah and this lol/could be unlrelated but interesting enough: http://www.lindertech.com/dirty_dzn.htm

Last edited by evoredy; Jan 3, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evoredy

I added your patch and the car is holding idle a bit better. I loaded your last settings from this post too. I don't understand why you are having equal settings at multiple RPM in the VE map. I would think you would want to have the VE scale curve simular to the calibration scale curve.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Evoredy

I added your patch and the car is holding idle a bit better. I loaded your last settings from this post too. I don't understand why you are having equal settings at multiple RPM in the VE map. I would think you would want to have the VE scale curve simular to the calibration scale curve.
i was just kind of "playing around." you can actually feel/see the patch work. i haven't sat down and "tuned" anything really. if you find some better settings, feel free to post.

we still have yet to clean this up and maybe change the multiplier code/how it works to something more usable. maybe even make a better VE table.

Quick Reply: 94170015 MAP to MAF Patch: