Notices
ECU Flash

9MR stock MIVEC map

Old Oct 25, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
9MR stock MIVEC map

I purchased a used 9MR some time ago and am still working out some weirdness in the driveability. I did some basic Ecuflash tuning from info here, but wanted to experiment and stockify the MIVEC map to see if that was causing weird over rev sensations.

Basically it idles high and between gears seems to overrev. No matter what its difficult for me to drive it smooth if I am at 7/10 or higher. Just putting around town its fine. The map in there is basically the same as the JDM RS map that folks are using.

Any comments on what that driveability might be or if someone could post a screenshot of what the stock MIVEC 9MR map looks like so I can stockify mine.

Thanks M
Old Oct 25, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock USDM Evo 9 Mivec map from my car. What looks like 4.0 is really 4.8 in those blue cells. Darker blue is 9.6.

Last edited by MR. Tim; Oct 25, 2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And for compare this is the stock map of EVO IX MR JDM

Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

my stock

mine now
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks a lot for the maps. I am doing some tuning tonight and will report.

Do any of you have an opinion about the behavior that I mentioned. Something like really high revving between gears. Or, for instance if I get on the throttle real good in second, lets say trying to get a green light, but then take it out of gear because it turns yellow. The engine revs real high and long up in neutral, and the behavior is weird for me. Its this same thing that I believe makes it difficult to shift smoothly when driving hard.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

30 is a wrong value for standard MIVEC hardware.
Decrese to 28.8.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Just wanted to report back. i tried the stock maps you guys provided (thanks!), and find them a better overall drive when pushing the car. I am going to leave it on the stock USDM map for now. Drivability has improved, but there are still some weird throttle issues that I am just not used to. As if the throttle were sticking or sluggish coming off. So when my foot comes off it takes a while for revs to come down. My WRX was nothing like that, more like a bike, near instant on and then very quick off, so I could modulate the throttle on track very well.

Thanks for the screen shots!

M
Old Oct 30, 2008, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a random thought, but on my old POS cavalier that i had years ago, i had a similar issue where the throttle body butterfly was just all gunked up with 80,000 miles worth of dirt and oil vapors. Cleaned it up with some throttle body cleaner it problem was fixed. Good Luck.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

I purchased a can of throttle body cleaner, and gave the inside a good workout. Lots of finger rubbing to get the build up off. I was surprised at how much gunk was in there for only a 10k mile car. Though its much cleaner now I don't know if I improved the drivability stuff I was talking about.

Since the throttle body was dirty I suspect down stream to be just as bad. Do you recommend taking more apart rather than just reaching into the intake by the throttle plate? Is this regular EVO maintenance?

M