Notices
ECU Flash

Omni 4bar map sensor Plug and Play

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was just about to buy one of these so that I don't have to wire in my gm3.3bar for the sd patch.

I would be interested in a group buy as well...heck, even if there is no group buy.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so are these a go over the jdm map sensor
Old May 27, 2009, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Omni Power 4 & 7 Bar MAP Sensors ($100 shipped): http://www.stikiller.com/product.php...age=1&featured
Old May 30, 2009, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
I am in the process of getting the sensor going on 94170015 to try out the speed density. Here is my post from the speed density thread, as really, it's more relevant to this thread.

To add, according to Omnipower this sensor is not really a new sensor either. They are using a sensor that they have been using in the Honda OEM replacement sensors for the last couple years and have had excellent success with the reliablity of the sensors.

I'll try and put a few miles on it today to see if I get a CEL using the 3bar MAP test/EGR test settings.

Question for you regarding the sensor, what sort of readings were you seeing before you swapped the wires on the connector? I just installed the 4-Bar, but it's not fluctuating from 37psi reading in Evoscan and I'm wondering if the wires should be swapped. Not sure if Omnipower corrected this or not, I might try swapping the wires to see what I get.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wondering if any has a copy of the omni 4 bar voltage vs psi chart, having a hard time finding one on the internet
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Creamo3
Omni Power 4 & 7 Bar MAP Sensors ($100 shipped): http://www.stikiller.com/product.php...age=1&featured
Just an FYI. I ordered from here and installed yesterday, but this is from the 'bad' batch of sensors where I am assuming the outer two wires on the connector need to be swapped.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by bnice01
just wondering if any has a copy of the omni 4 bar voltage vs psi chart, having a hard time finding one on the internet
Here is Omnipower's voltage "list"-

http://www.omnipowerusa.com/calibrations.doc

I made this kind of backyard one a while ago based on it:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6857939-post96.html
Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How do I adjust the map vs baro offset? I feel that this is screwing up my boost control. My target boost is set at 15 and my ECU based boost control is targeting 22psi instead. somehow I need to "correct" this offset. any suggestions?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Im ready to make the switch so I can ditch my maf and run a larger intake. Has or will anyone be doing a writeup as to what needs to be changed in the ecu to get this up and running?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Need to add the MAP sensor (if not done already) and download the appropriate SD patched ROM.

Copy over everything from your current tune to the new one, set up the MAP sensor tables like you would for boost logging. Make sure to add the .xml for the SD stuff as well.

Unplug the MAF and get ready to start tuning.

Suggestions-

Adjust the MAP KPa to Load % so that both sides are the same (1:1 ratio). Assuming your injectors were close before (if not stock), pull up the RPM VE table and trim some idle (less numerically is lean, more is rich) out to begin with. You can look at some of the charts that have been posted up to get an idea of what you are going to have to do. There isnt the 100% method yet, especially on the smaller turbos. Once thats roughed in tune the fuel table like normal.

Enjoy

aaron
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Need to add the MAP sensor (if not done already) and download the appropriate SD patched ROM.

Copy over everything from your current tune to the new one, set up the MAP sensor tables like you would for boost logging. Make sure to add the .xml for the SD stuff as well.

Unplug the MAF and get ready to start tuning.

Suggestions-

Adjust the MAP KPa to Load % so that both sides are the same (1:1 ratio). Assuming your injectors were close before (if not stock), pull up the RPM VE table and trim some idle (less numerically is lean, more is rich) out to begin with. You can look at some of the charts that have been posted up to get an idea of what you are going to have to do. There isnt the 100% method yet, especially on the smaller turbos. Once thats roughed in tune the fuel table like normal.

Enjoy

aaron
In addition to that I'd certainly turn off closed loop in the periphery so fuel trims and the oxygen sensor will not impede your progress in tuning the tables for speed density.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Good info guys, thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Good info guys, thanks!
Hurry up and figure it out so you can teach me.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
set up the MAP sensor tables like you would for boost logging.
I may just be dense but I haven't seen anywhere where this has been clearly and adequately (for my dense disposition) explained.

Perhaps this is the wrong area to ask this question but what exactly does it take? In the 9055 rom at least there are a number of map16bit entries that are exactly the same as the ones we are supposed to change, do we only need to change one specific entry or all of them? Then change the numbers in the maps in ecuflash back to what they were exactly except for the last in the top line which is the max for the sensor?

I would wait for an SD for dummies but this is really the only part that I don't really get. Maybe I could understand it better if I just saw definitions set up for a map sensor other than the JDM one.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the_mork
I may just be dense but I haven't seen anywhere where this has been clearly and adequately (for my dense disposition) explained.

Perhaps this is the wrong area to ask this question but what exactly does it take? In the 9055 rom at least there are a number of map16bit entries that are exactly the same as the ones we are supposed to change, do we only need to change one specific entry or all of them? Then change the numbers in the maps in ecuflash back to what they were exactly except for the last in the top line which is the max for the sensor?

I would wait for an SD for dummies but this is really the only part that I don't really get. Maybe I could understand it better if I just saw definitions set up for a map sensor other than the JDM one.
here ya go man:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...tructions.html

Quick Reply: Omni 4bar map sensor Plug and Play