ECU Flash

need full house XML 94170015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
need full house XML 94170015

I've botched my XML somehow.

Could some one send me a Tephra modded with all the Mrfred options XML for the 94170015 rom? thanks

I was trying to add one extra tps part of boost control and ruined everything.

tried the other computer and although I have a somewhat modded XML It won't take another mod.
I don't know what I have done to the file, every time I try to add another special app, ecuflash gives me a line failure. (which I can't fix).

Last edited by nothere; Jan 27, 2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Do you have a backup of the old file before the last change? Moral is backup before making changes . What is the error its giving? That should point you to the line where it is bad as a minimum?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nothere
I've botched my XML somehow.

Could some one send me a Tephra modded with all the Mrfred options XML for the 94170015 rom? thanks

I was trying to add one extra tps part of boost control and ruined everything.

tried the other computer and although I have a somewhat modded XML It won't take another mod.
I don't know what I have done to the file, every time I try to add another special app, ecuflash gives me a line failure. (which I can't fix).
send me your email. I am probably anything that was ever put out for this rom. It might be in my own organization though.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by codgi
Do you have a backup of the old file before the last change? Moral is backup before making changes . What is the error its giving? That should point you to the line where it is bad as a minimum?
yeah I get a line error message, but what I am adding is a copy/paste from a known good forum post. The line looks correct, but it moves around with my pasting efforts.
I think part of the problem is the previous mods were pasted in in no particular order and there must be some protocol I have not been following. Now, in my efforts to fix what might have been wrong I've smashed something.

Isn't there a way to open the xml that gives a line number too? Or is that a paste in excel?
Lastly is there a limit to how large the XML can be? When I get the error I still get part of the program to play out. Except the individual entry cells are squished.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I has ones.
I use 14, and have no trouble though. If you feel like going back to a 14...
Attached Files
File Type: zip
94170014.zip (4.0 KB, 9 views)
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by nothere
yeah I get a line error message, but what I am adding is a copy/paste from a known good forum post. The line looks correct, but it moves around with my pasting efforts.
I think part of the problem is the previous mods were pasted in in no particular order and there must be some protocol I have not been following. Now, in my efforts to fix what might have been wrong I've smashed something.

Isn't there a way to open the xml that gives a line number too? Or is that a paste in excel?
Lastly is there a limit to how large the XML can be? When I get the error I still get part of the program to play out. Except the individual entry cells are squished.
Version of ECUFlash? I'm still on 1.29 and that appears to have some kind of limit. I've had to new lines to the Evo7base to get them to show up (somehow ignored in the regular xml). You can open the xml in notepad (ensure wordwrap is off) and then "Ctrl + G" (or Edit->Go to) put in the line number and that should at least get you going in the right direction.

Most of the time with XML its a tag that it isn't properly closed or something put in the wrong order which doesn't match what it expects. You can also open it in IE if you have it and see if the error message there is better (sometimes it is).