Notices
ECU Flash

Yes I'm Alive :-)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes I'm Alive :-)

Hey guys, I've been VERY busy lately and I will be back on track next week. I'm sure I missed a lot with the new Alt Map Patch progress so I'll have to play catch up
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Jamie good to see you are back!
Old Feb 14, 2009, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see your back bud!
Old Feb 14, 2009, 05:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
You're back, but your Evo is for sale?
Old Feb 14, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Welcome back Jamie...to not visit the forums means one is very very busy or preoccupied. Status of the car?
Old Feb 14, 2009, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey man welcome back
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys, to say that I've been pre-occupied is the understatement of the year lol. Yeah the Evo is still for sale unfortunately but I just cant afford it and pay off my old debts so I can try to get a good rate on a mortgage

The car is running great too, which saddens me even more to see it go. I'm selling it for exactly what I owe on it but I haven't had one call on it in 2 months which blows.

Soo....the last thing I remember is Tephra inquired about making an Alt Map patch with 3 sets of maps and wondered if it was possible for me to design something that could do that (which is a piece of cake). Any other new finds since x-mas??
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, for anyone who has been PMing me, gimme a week to catch up..I have like 50 pm's to go thru.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

I think its a sign Jamie. Cant you just look into refinancing it at all ?

How much did you pay for the car all said and done and how long ago ? Im just curious to see how much longer you would have to pay.

There's always consolidating it all to one loan which is usually better because you pay way less interest depending how many loans you put together. Just some thougts. I just hate to see you lose your car when you have already invested so much money its losing it out on all that money you have payed.

I believe in paying something off and keeping it because its to much of a loss to sell things all the time whether its to upgrade. Dont know if its possible but it would be much better in the end.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I owned my own business which left me with horrible credit when I had to bail out of it (low 600 credit score) and I got the Evo for $22.5k at 13.95% since I had purchased a brand new VW rabbit for my fiance 6 months earlier which dropped my credit and made it almost impossible to get a good rate.

I planned on refinancing after 6 months to a year but my credit was even worse since I now had 2 cars on my credit so I didnt look ahead when I made the decision to accept the INSANE interest rate. Plus I could only get 60 months instead of 72 mths since the mileage was JUST barely too high to qualify for it. I pay $586/mth for it plus $384/mth for the Rabbit. I still owe $19,500 on the Evo and my credit score is around 640 with plenty of blemishes from my past. The easiest way to start ovewr is to sell it right now

If I refinaced for 60 months@10% interest I'd pay around $415-430/mth still which helps but I really need to pay less than $300/mth for a car in order to free up money to pay off my other credit cards and loans fast enough.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Feb 15, 2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

YOooooooooooooooooo Jamie I tried to sell my car for a few when the ix turbo popped on me but I decided to keep it since I threw on another turbo and started driving it again...nothing is really worth much right now and I've put so much into it and when its running I'm in love with it thats a killer deal for your evo if any of my friends will / can purchase it I'll let ya know
Old Feb 15, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

But what if you combine the vw and evo ? As long as the two cars worth more than what you owe altogether they will consolidate the two loans to one payment and a much lower combined interest rate ? Im not sure what possible for ya just hate to see you take a loss. A lot of credit unions will work with you more than a bank and give you much more for your money also.

Even maybe someone that would cosign if possible even Scarlett you could see if your name or her name works better first on the loan and see what happens.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Shes already my co-signer on the Evo since I couldnt get it myself since I had just bought the Rabbit for her solely in my name. My Talon was running fine when I decided to help her get the Rabbit so I wasnt planning on getting myself a car anytime soon (doh!). We'll see but I'm leaning towards buying something cheap as a daily driver and building up a 2G GSX with an EVO ECU in it after I get a House with a garage to keep my project car in. Only time will tell.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

All I hope is that all goes well no matter what. Well be in our new place next week you'll have to come buy and check it out. I had thought I had my UICP blow off on me so I re did the t-bolt were it looked blown out but I didnt feel any air coming out of it. So go to take off and still car is sputtering. How I wish the SD was already on the go I would have been fine. But ends up that the couplers on the j pipe to the buschur licp blew a hole in it. I was like god dammit.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jamie, dont mean to be pressuring but you did say the harnesses will be available again after the 18th
Are you up and running?

Quick Reply: Yes I'm Alive :-)