Notices
ECU Flash

Evo 8 Map Wanted Please!!!

Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:19 AM
PPM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 Map Wanted Please!!!

Hello EvoM members. A while back I had a problem, weather got cold and my plug wires were magnacore so I was sputtering alot. My car is running really rich and I was wondering if anyone had a map for the following mods.

TBE - HKS
Test Pipe
Injen Intake and upper and lower IC pipes
APS BOV
MBC
Warlboro 255 Fuel Pump - Stock Injectors
Airbox removed open Bushur Racing Filter

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently have ECU flash, and EVO Scan, I have logged data and it is available, I do not have an O2 sensor hooked up yet so I didn't want to blindly tune my car. I am not using a stock Map, I upped the fuel cut to 275 across the board, I also changed the low end map to make up for the BOV. I can post my current map's if you would like just not sure which ones you want to see.

Again thanks in advance. Just as a side note, I am working on getting some logging working with my IPhone and wanted to know who might be interested in this when I get it compiled, I wanted to test my program verses EvoScan / mitsulogger and make sure that I am logging properly.

Thanks so Much.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
PM 4WS@4WSTuning and pay for a base map. Its nice having support from someone who knows what they are doing
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PPM
Hello EvoM members. A while back I had a problem, weather got cold and my plug wires were magnacore so I was sputtering alot. My car is running really rich and I was wondering if anyone had a map for the following mods.

TBE - HKS
Test Pipe
Injen Intake and upper and lower IC pipes
APS BOV
MBC
Warlboro 255 Fuel Pump - Stock Injectors
Airbox removed open Bushur Racing Filter

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently have ECU flash, and EVO Scan, I have logged data and it is available, I do not have an O2 sensor hooked up yet so I didn't want to blindly tune my car. I am not using a stock Map, I upped the fuel cut to 275 across the board, I also changed the low end map to make up for the BOV. I can post my current map's if you would like just not sure which ones you want to see.

Again thanks in advance. Just as a side note, I am working on getting some logging working with my IPhone and wanted to know who might be interested in this when I get it compiled, I wanted to test my program verses EvoScan / mitsulogger and make sure that I am logging properly.

Thanks so Much.
Send me a PM, I've got a ton that I could help you out with if you'd like.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Are you venting to air (this could be your problem)?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 06:38 AM
PPM

Evo8Dad,

I sent you a PM. I am venting into the atmosphere, but I want to get a different or stock BOV it came with this one on my car. Anyone recommend a good aftermarket one or can tell me where to pick up a used one and which model works best? The junkyard in my area has no EVO parts what so ever....
Old Feb 20, 2009, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PPM
Evo8Dad,

I sent you a PM. I am venting into the atmosphere, but I want to get a different or stock BOV it came with this one on my car. Anyone recommend a good aftermarket one or can tell me where to pick up a used one and which model works best? The junkyard in my area has no EVO parts what so ever....
people are always selling there 9 BOV on here... it will pop up eventually
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:00 AM
PPM

Thanks Kanyonkid. Is that the preferred unit to use?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Synapse Sychronic , APS Twin Vent , or Metal MR Diverter. Those are I think the best options in that order. Thats if you got the money though. If not just go for the metal mr diverter.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the APS dual vent and have no issues at all. You must recirculate it though. Most will claim it is one of the best on the market.

Is your MAF scaled properly for the hard intiake pipe? How rich are you running and at what RPM?

Post up pics of your changes and maybe we can help to solve the problem.
You might consider replacing your plugs and gaping them to about .022 or so. Just a thought.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:06 AM
PPM

Evo8Emperor,

I actually have a APS Twin Vent I picked up from a friend, he purchased to of them for his Audi S4 and never got around to putting them on. The problem I see with this is that it still vents into the atmosphere... Am I missing something?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:08 AM
PPM

What plugs should I be running? I am running NGK-BPR7ES. I think my gap is .028 though. I can recheck tomorrow.... Thanks so much for all of the help. I'm really glad I started coming to this forum. I used to always use DSM.org back in the day, but that was many years, a bad marriage and a good son ago......
Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PPM
I actually have a APS Twin Vent I picked up from a friend, .... The problem I see with this is that it still vents into the atmosphere... Am I missing something?
The APS is called a dual vent. It recirculates 100% in normal driving, but when shifting at high boost - I'm at 28psi - it will vent a small portion of the compressed intake charge to the atmo for a very small split second. Only a fraction of each relief vents to atmo.

The drive-ability is far superior to any of the other BOV/DVs in my collection. It is expensive, but almost worth it.

Old Feb 21, 2009, 06:40 PM
PPM

Jim,

Since I have this installed why would my idle still fluctuate so much? I am going to change my spark plugs tomorrow, with my mods what should my gap be? My plugs are NGKBR8ES. Thanks again guys...
Old Feb 22, 2009, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Set your gap no more than .025. Your plugs are fine. Only time to go colder on plugs is if you are running higher boost.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 07:41 PM
PPM

gapped all at .025 and am now only logging 1 count of knock sum in 4th gear running 21lbs holding 17lbs 93 Octane. I like to run 24lbs though and hold 20. I am getting my LC-1 in a few days it was just shipped, so I should be able to finally tune my afr and timing.

Search this Thread