Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 07:10 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice, gm/s means its really easy to calculate gm/rev!

Anxiously awaiting... do we get the rearO2 heater sim also?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you for the startup IPW adder alt map addition! Chalk up another guy willing to try out 96530006 whenever you have a chance to get to it.

The min load for WGDC control change ought to make for an interesting change in behavior; I'm looking forward to testing that.

Did mrfred's rear O2 heater sim make it's way into this one, or the stuff acamus was doing regarding manual setting of the OBD-II readiness codes?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 07:38 AM
EvoM Community Team

Hate to ask before my rom comes out, but can IPW adder be negative? Also, is it a multiplier?

I ask because I generally run my E85 maps as my primary map and the pump map as my alt-map. If it is a multiplier you can just multiply by <1.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tephra
nonschlont - u sure you added it to the correct section?
no... lol I added it to the second section where it displayed all of the "Y"

If this is not where its supposed to be, can you tell me where?

TIA
Old Feb 26, 2009, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

This mod seems to be for experts! When you do release the final roms can you elaborate on what these new features do, or point to a thread where we can find more information?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 01:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
tephra, when you produce the 88590015 version can you just verify if mrfred's SD tables fit?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait,

So are there are no low-octane maps (haven't checked the rom in ecuflash yet) for timing and fuel on BOTH the primary and alt maps?

If so, why?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That would be very strange; the original plan was just to eliminate the alt low-octane maps, but leave the primary low-octane maps in place, no?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeah normal low octane is still there.

so when you are on altmaps the normal low-oct maps are used (if u get too much knock...)
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Wait,

So are there are no low-octane maps (haven't checked the rom in ecuflash yet) for timing and fuel on BOTH the primary and alt maps?

If so, why?
Fom his post it sounds like he removed them all.

He said most people just set them the same anyway. I know I do. Sure some people argue thats not the right way to tune, but the ECU will still compensate for knock even with both maps the same. Especially now that we have more controll over the stock knock control system I have to agree that low octane maps are not really needed.
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by pupo
This mod seems to be for experts! When you do release the final roms can you elaborate on what these new features do, or point to a thread where we can find more information?
I think this mod is even easier than the older ones... but of course you are always free to go back to v5 or 5.10

For a breakdown:

1) Full gear based WGDC and BDEL lookups
- The gear is selected by looking up "RPM/Speed to Gear" map.
- You can log MUT42 + MUT43 (like 2byte load) to see what values to put on the left side of the map

=Allows you to set a base wastegate duty cycle map for each gear. This helps prevent overshooting boost in higher gears if it is tuned for lower gears, and in the same respect helps to get correct boost in lower gears
--RPM/speed is the best way to calculate gear since the ECU doesn't inherently know what gear it is in
-logging these two items gives you the 2 byte verson of your RPM/speed so that you can use an accurate value for each gear

2) Increased resolution for WGDC, normally its 2%, now it's 1%
WGDC resolution is [by design in the original ECU] only accurate to 2%. IE changing from 50 to 51% duty cycle may actually be the same thing. The resolution has no been increased to allow for 1% changes.

3) Added MrFred/Acamus airflow calc
Allows you to log g/s of airflow

4) Added a min-load otherwise 100% WGDC value
Allows you to run 100% duty cycle until you hit a certain load. This can help spool. It is similar to the older ROM's "min load for boost control" value. On newer roms [by default design] it is set to 0% until minimum load is reached

5) Added boost drop for certain scenarios:
- added boost drop for high-knock
- added boost drop and CEL flash code for AFR mismatch
NOTE: I personally feel these measures could actually do more damage - ENABLE at your own risk!

Allows you to drop boost for high knock or AFR out-of-range events (if you have a wideband wired to the ECU)

6) Buggered off the low oct timing+fuel maps - everyone made them the same anyways...
To save space and confusion these were removed. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but I haven't ever seen my octane value deviate from 100%

7) Added TPS + MAFIAT corrections to WGDC
Allows you to reduce base wastegate duty cycle based on TPS or based on air temp. Prevents overshooting boost in the cold or too low of boost when hot if used properly. Prevents you from having to shift maps when the weather changes.

8) Added "startup IPW adder" to altmaps - good for E85 dudes
Allows you to add more IPW on startup IE spray more fuel when starting. With E85 in the cold it requires a significant amount of extra fuel on startup for an easy turnover.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Wait,

If so, why?
I believe he posted before that the low octane maps on the primary would be linked if **** hits the fan on the alt maps.....Instead of using extra space to have extra alt low maps when the aren't really needed.

Least this is what I read before - Maybe this changed?

Update: Tephra beat me by 1 minute, darn........
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

can some1 enlighten me on the correct location for the defs. for evoscan please?
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
in 2.5+ they need to go in the "<Mode2 name="Mode2" type="Data List Items">" section...

in answer to the previous Q about 1.2 v 1.3. Sorry the ROM is still setup for 1.2, but my XML is 1.3 (I use 1.3 in my ROM... and I just copied the XML from my evoscan... oops)
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tephra
yeah normal low octane is still there.

so when you are on altmaps the normal low-oct maps are used (if u get too much knock...)
Perfect, you da man Tephra!

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!