Links to jcsbanks' Speed Density patches

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will also support the cause...
Old May 10, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

I would also like to put in a request for the 9653 rom, it is the easiest (most problem free) rom for those of us using evo8 ecus in 2g DSMs to use and I would love to try this out.
Old May 10, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fjo_newport
I will also support the cause...
I would also support the cause!!!
Old May 10, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't heard a price yet. With enough of us, it should be easy to cover if we split it.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I would be willing to contribute to this also.

Edit: What happens when you try 94170015 on a usdm 05?

Last edited by wreckleford; May 11, 2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just Pm'd him. Once I hear back I'll PM all those interested so we can spark his interest back into porting this for the 9653006 ROM with some sort of bribery
Old May 14, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrfred

1) Copy the definitions in the xml file in the zipped file to your current 94170015.xml file, launch ECUFlash, open the patched ROM in ECUFlash, and copy all the SD values from the stock patched ROM in the zipped file to a copy of your current ROM. Upload your patched ROM (*not* the one included in the zip file) to your ECU.
Is there any good reason not to use the patched rom? I certainly have fewer tables in my rom that have been altered than in the patched rom. Is there something done to this rom then that would mean that I can't just copy to it instead of the other way around (just like the install for a Tephra rom?). Specifically referring to 9055 if it matters at all.
It looks like it can be done either way

Also I just wanted to double check a few other things quickly.

Is there a preference for where the MAT sensor output goes? I've seen some discussion saying that it is better to leave the AIT sensor locked and run the MAT through the fuel temp input but which does the 9055 rom assume we are using? Probably the AIT input but I wanted to be sure.
it appears that it goes in the IAT slot if you are just using the SD patches or it can go in the fuel temp input if you are USDM using the MAT patch. More instruction here
Originally Posted by mrfred
Its just for setup convenience. I daily drive my car, and I wasn't ready to swap ECU pins back and forth as I fiddled with SD tuning. To make the patch compatible with reading the GM IAT sensor from the IAT ADC input, leave the "SD Convert IAT to MAT (0x03 -> 0x0E)" entry as 0x03. This sounds counter-intuitive to the table name, but that's because I didn't do such a good job of naming that table.

Do I need to adjust the scaling in ecuflash for my GM map or do I just adjust VE to compensate?
The way I understand it we change the scaling using this
<scaling name="MAP 16bit" units="kPa" toexpr="x*100/82" frexpr="x*82/100" format="%.0f" min="0" max="400" inc="1" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>
Copy the MAP 16bit table from ecuflash then change the function in your xml. Fire up ecuflash again and the top row for this table should have changed but the bottom row will be the same. Return the top row to its previous values (before the change in the function) and alter the last cells (top and bottom) to the highest that the sensor can show (311 I believe for a GM map). I was making this part much harder in my mind than it actually is.

I'll start rereading the first success thread tomorrow to see if I can answer my own questions.

Last edited by the_mork; May 15, 2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Starting to answer my own questions
Old May 16, 2009, 07:35 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by the_mork
Is there any good reason not to use the patched rom? I certainly have fewer tables in my rom that have been altered than in the patched rom. Is there something done to this rom then that would mean that I can't just copy to it instead of the other way around (just like the install for a Tephra rom?). Specifically referring to 9055 if it matters at all.
It looks like it can be done either way

Also I just wanted to double check a few other things quickly.

Is there a preference for where the MAT sensor output goes? I've seen some discussion saying that it is better to leave the AIT sensor locked and run the MAT through the fuel temp input but which does the 9055 rom assume we are using? Probably the AIT input but I wanted to be sure.
it appears that it goes in the IAT slot if you are just using the SD patches or it can go in the fuel temp input if you are USDM using the MAT patch. More instruction here

Do I need to adjust the scaling in ecuflash for my GM map or do I just adjust VE to compensate?
The way I understand it we change the scaling using this
<scaling name="MAP 16bit" units="kPa" toexpr="x*100/82" frexpr="x*82/100" format="%.0f" min="0" max="400" inc="1" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>
Copy the MAP 16bit table from ecuflash then change the function in your xml. Fire up ecuflash again and the top row for this table should have changed but the bottom row will be the same. Return the top row to its previous values (before the change in the function) and alter the last cells (top and bottom) to the highest that the sensor can show (311 I believe for a GM map). I was making this part much harder in my mind than it actually is.

I'll start rereading the first success thread tomorrow to see if I can answer my own questions.
There is no option to use the fuel temp input with the 90550001 (non-USDM) ROM. You'll have to use the IAT sensor input.

I think the GM MAP scaling is somewhere in the thread. I'll find it and put it in the first post in a day or so.
Old May 18, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
I posted it in the other SD success thread, but what version of the knocklight is the 94170015 using?
Old May 31, 2009, 10:03 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi mrfred!

I am about to give this a try and wanted to clarify something on the IAT. The SD patch will look for the IAT in the Fuel Temp pin as your original post for installing the IAT. Am I right on that assumption?

Also, on the USDM Evo 9 rom, the "SD set baro value", the value comes at "0". Is that right? (See attached pic).

Thanks in advanced!
Attached Images  
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by joedr
Hi mrfred!

I am about to give this a try and wanted to clarify something on the IAT. The SD patch will look for the IAT in the Fuel Temp pin as your original post for installing the IAT. Am I right on that assumption?

Also, on the USDM Evo 9 rom, the "SD set baro value", the value comes at "0". Is that right? (See attached pic).

Thanks in advanced!
Hi joedr. There are two options for reading MAT. One option is to use the fuel temperature ADC input. If you want to use this method, then you'll need to install the "MAT logging patch", and then the "SD Conver IAT to MAT (0x03 -> 0x0E)" entry needs to be set to 0x0E. If you want to use the IAT signal wire, then no need to install the MAT logging patch, and leave the "SD Convert IAT to MAT (0x03 -> 0x0E)" entry alone (keep it at 0x03). I know that last step sounds counterintuitive, but that's because I picked a lousy name for the table. I will be updating this table name in the future.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 07:10 AM
EvoM Guru

I've finished porting SD to the 96530006 ROM. I'd like to have someone test it before I post it. Does anyone already have a MAT sensor installed that can test it this week?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice job mrfred
Old Jun 1, 2009, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ARGH. I didn't get my sensor installed this past weekend (too busy fighting with the wife's scooby), and I won't have the time to do any physical work on my Evo for at least two weeks; otherwise, I'd jump on it.

l2r99gst?

My penance for not being able to help with this will be to work on rolling a patched version of 96530706 with DMA logging, since I've been missing that quite a bit since switching to tephra's latest version.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 08:04 AM

Thank you sooo much mrfred! my motor is doa right now- but as soon as i get it back up and running I will be using this patch

Quick Reply: Links to jcsbanks' Speed Density patches