Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6, EvoScan GPS Navigator, EvoX, OpenPort2.0

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 01:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EvoScan v2.6, EvoScan GPS Navigator, EvoX, OpenPort2.0

this thread is no longer active. please use this one for lastest features.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...en-review.html

and use this thread for support:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...questions.html

Last edited by evo4mad; Mar 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Hamish,

Doy have a link to the beta versions?

Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 02:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Awesome stuff Hamish

I honestly think that you could be charging a lot more for your products now - $25 is almost nothing for the features we get!!!

One comment would be to put something to show that some of those new logging options are TephraMOD only, ie MAP/MAT/1byteload etc...
Old Mar 9, 2009, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

Wow great news!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
Since I don't yet have my vendor status, (I'm still waiting on IB to email or phone me back) please don't post any questions about pricing or anything about where to purchase. This thread is solely for talking about FEATURES and FEATURE REQEUESTS and do NOT post anything to do with any problems you have. please use the Questions and Answers thread for that. here.

EvoScan v2.6 beta9 is proving to work very well with both v1.05 and v1.04 firmware of the OpenPort2.0 cable. Take a look at this:

EvoScan v2.6 beta9 with SuperSpeed enabled, log to disk disabled, and Multithreading disabled:

EvoX Support is looking good also... pics to be uploaded shortly.
Sweet, I will be purchasing your software once you release the version that supports openport 2.0
Old Mar 9, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Goooooooddddd stttuuuuuuuuuuufffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=]
Old Mar 9, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Very nice Hamish.

FEATURE REQUEST:

1. Map tracing to operate during logging (live) with current cell highlighted, load and RPM cells centered on the axis value like the ECU does (rather than say 140 load containing all the 140-159.9 logged items)

2. Possibility of pausing your logging and running some of my VB.net code on another form to write live maps to ECU RAM? Presently I have to stop Evoscan logging, start my app logging (which doesn't have all the Evoscan live display features) to let me write the live maps, then stop my app logging and switch back to Evoscan and start logging again to test. Better to do it all from Evoscan, although I don't know how you want to handle the source? It is better I write the live map stuff so I can change and test it. How does this sit with you? I realise it is a more complex product than the earlier source I saw. Of course if the source is shared I would be happy to be bound by any terms you suggest, and all rights to it are yours.

3. Option to show live maps vs RPM - eg MAP, knock, timing on a scatter plot vs RPM.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
FEATURE REQUEST:

1. Update the code to allow for more accurate HP and TQ calculations. I have to use DLL to get a dyno curve when testing new power adders. It would be great to be able to do it all in EvoScan.

2. Allow for real time loggind that does not create a log file. I turn on and off EvoScan constatly to see changes in LTFTs. This creats a ton of log files. To have a real time watch and not log would allow for less data being saved to my computer. It is a PITA to go back and delete the logs I don't need.

3. Change the color of the Maptracker copy box. The Red used currently is difficult to see insome cases. Maybe use a color not seen in a fuel and timing map.

4. MRFred and jscbanks have both found more accurate calculations for various ecu functions. i.e LTFT is now calculated as 0.1953125*x-25 when it used to be (0.1961*x)-25. The new way is far more accurate. Please impliment the more accurate calculations into the next version of SvoScan.

Thank you for all of your hard work. I believe that EvoScan has made my EVO experience so much better. Please continue to work hard on making EvoScan the premier datalogging tool.

Paul
Old Mar 9, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work Hamish.

Feature Request:

Can you add map tracer support for Evo 5/6 Ecu's
Old Mar 9, 2009, 08:49 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice logging speed I've been ready for the release for a while now! Hopefully being able to log to ram will increase battery life too!

Originally Posted by Appauldd
FEATURE REQUEST:
4. MRFred and jscbanks have both found more accurate calculations for various ecu functions. i.e LTFT is now calculated as 0.1953125*x-25 when it used to be (0.1961*x)-25. The new way is far more accurate. Please impliment the more accurate calculations into the next version of SvoScan.
At least as far as LTFT's are concerned, I'm pretty sure those equations have been in place since at least v2.5.... though they do look incorrect in the screenshot.

I'd still really like the ability to set groups of loggable items with a drop-down and then select or de-select all items shown. (possibly auto-de-select anything not displayed).

Ability to sort by title rows (name/requestID, etc) and then sort back to original sorting would be nice.

Last edited by fostytou; Mar 9, 2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Feature Request / Availability:

- External serial wideband support for vista 64bit?

Haven't heard if you got that working yet......just wanted to see where that was at now that were closing in on the tuning season in my part of the world
Old Mar 9, 2009, 04:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evo4mad

EvoX Support is looking good also... pics to be uploaded shortly.

Do want, can't wait!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Hamish,

Did you fix the cutout problem when logging the LM-1with version 2.5 with the 2.6 version ? I sent you a trouble ticket about it.

Wideband logging of the lm-1 will cutoff once you lift off the throttle and the oxygen % goes higher than ~17%.

Did you fix that in the new version? Please tell me that you did.

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
I noticed that you are logging boost using a GM 3 bar MAP sesnor. Aside from the MAP sensor hardware, what is needed to log boost that way.

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
NJ - it depends on your ROMID.

1) If you have a car that has a MAP sensor (1bar??) as standard - then it is probably used for EVAP - in which case you will need to fiddle with the ECU scalings for the GM OR JDM 3bar OR OMNI 4bar MAP sensors to work.

2) If your car doesn't come standard with a MAP sensor, then just plug it in and get the scaling in EvoScan right and your sweet!!!

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6, EvoScan GPS Navigator, EvoX, OpenPort2.0