Notices
ECU Flash

Wiring AEM to OEM ECU SD on US cars

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wiring AEM to OEM ECU SD on US cars

Can anyone give some help on US Evo wiring/AEM/SD to this gentleman? I don't know the answer as I haven't played with wiring on a US car, nor with AEM.

-----------

tried that and got the usual asshat response of search instead of the info....thanks thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsbanks
I've not played with AEM, but also the JDM wiring is a bit different as the IX already has the sensors. So I've wired nothing in and just flashed my ECU, I could swap it with Motec M800 P&P with no wiring changes, but again that uses the stock IX JDM sensors. Best to post on the forum and ask since your fellow US version owners will know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiceboi697
i was wondering what is the difference on how the car is wired for SD on the stock ecu then if a AEM is installed. can they be switched back and forth for inspection purposes with the stock ECU able to run that car?? or is the wireing too different for that?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope this helps you out:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ae...d-density.html
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,21880.0.html
Covers 1313 and 1320 pins

Last edited by hksevoix; Mar 12, 2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well if i read all that right the AEM can read the stock MAP sensor, but still needs the AEM 3.5 Map sensor to run. what im curious about is that if the stock ecu is patched to run the no evap and no O2 sensor without codes and then switched to SD will the only difference in wireing would be the AEMs 3.5 sensor in addition to the stock one.... could a Evo then switch to the stock ecu from the AEM in order to pass emmisions and run decently enough to not blow it self up?? and would the stock ecu try to use the AEM 3.5 sensor??? thanks for all the help