ACD Pump: all 3 acd lights on - fyi

Old Jul 7, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got my scanned - acd failure.

Covered under warranty - no questions asked, get it put on next week hopefully
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:43 PM

Lucky for you... The ACD is covered if your under 60k on your evo. I got a mixture of fail codes... one was for ABS sensor... next Speed Sensor.. and last was ACD pump failure. If any of the sensors go out or stop working... your ACD pump will go out also.

Most dealerships will drain the ACD and fill it back up to see if that will work. But you lucky if you can still push them hard enough to get the ACD simply replaced.

Goodluck to the rest of you......
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:23 AM

Hi All,
This thread is very informative and I would like to update my experience about the ACD pump issue which was casing all three lights illuminating all three lights on cluster.
I had to replace my clutch assembly which was done perfectly.
All fluids with respect to Transmission and Transfer case was filled
Bleeding was performed. Everything looked ok until now.
Started the car took it out suddenly I see all the three lights glowing which came as a surprise.
I guessed something is not right on the car came back and started looking for what could be the reason by then lot of our EVO buddies had experienced and started posting questions.
I went through the posts and their experience with ACD lights glowing.
Lot of people had different type of issues and most of them had the pump working still light glowing.
I followed all steps nothing changed lights continued to glow.
Later I was reading about a post and came across the reservoir tank for ACD where the fluids started over flowing and he used s syringe to remove the excess fluids which was there in the reservoir.
I then looked into my reservoir it was very low removed the cap of the reservoir and could see the vacuum getting released, ACD reservoir was then topped up using the SP-III fluids.
I have been driving and lights dont turn ON.
I had checked for the codes for ACD and it was performed by jumping OBD pins 1 and 4
The code was 82 I couldnt find the description for this code online or the EVO ACD DTC list.
I know most of them had different issues so dint come across this type so thought my experience could help somebody.

Good luck with your builds .......