Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome vids, thanks for the effort!!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Any other requests for specific educational videos? I've got some spare time this week
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by recompile
Any other requests for specific educational videos? I've got some spare time this week
Hi recompile,

How about an educational video related to the new features available in the V7 ROM? Or have you covered that already in the one of the first 6 videos, based on previews of V7 available in v7t6 (I have only had time to watch the first 2 so far)?

BTW, thanks again for producing these videos. If parts 3-6 are anywhere near as good as the first 2 parts that I have watched so far, then I am going to find them hugely beneficial when I make time to watch them!!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:40 AM

how close will all this be to what I'm going to be doing with my eclipse with ecuflash?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:45 AM

gotta subscribe too this !!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gsxeclipsepsi
how close will all this be to what I'm going to be doing with my eclipse with ecuflash?
very similar if your using the 99/98 eclipse ecu just have to get patches from ceddy. if your running the evo8 ecu swap exactly the same.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!Spending 3 hours a day on this forum always pays off..
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Money. Thanks. I just have some questions for some friends and I might throw this these maps I have been working on in the car.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

First off, big thanks for taking the time to put this together

I am however having problems clearly viewing the screen shots. I have tried it on 2 different laptops with 3 different media players with the same results. The test seems blurry/pixalated. Anyone have an idea how to fix this.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal Rally
Awesome, great for beginners, like me.

I have made it through the first two parts so far.

Some comments:

For absolute beginners, you probably want to mention:
- where to find EcuFlash (OpenEcu.org)
- what a Tactrix cable, is and where to get it (tactrix.com or http://www.limitless.co.nz/cables/)
- what EvoScan, is and where to get it (http://www.limitless.co.nz)
n00b question... - Does it have to be a Tactrix? I notice that on the site you linked, limitless offers their own cable (Open Port 1.3R) that is capable of logging with EvoScan and flashing with EcuFlash. And the Tactrix 2.0 isn't yet capable of flashing with EcuFlash.

Basically, I'm looking to be able to efficiently use EcuFlash and EvoScan, so trying to figure out which cable to buy...
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:36 PM

Thanks !!

Thank you for taking your time to put these videos together. I and many others have learned much from watching them. May God reward you with peace and prosperity.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 02:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cassidyb
n00b question... - Does it have to be a Tactrix? I notice that on the site you linked, limitless offers their own cable (Open Port 1.3R) that is capable of logging with EvoScan and flashing with EcuFlash. And the Tactrix 2.0 isn't yet capable of flashing with EcuFlash.

Basically, I'm looking to be able to efficiently use EcuFlash and EvoScan, so trying to figure out which cable to buy...
OpenPort (Product) and Tactrix (Manufacturer) are two names for the same thing.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Excellent videos! There were a couple gaps in knowledge that were filled in by watching these videos, especially with how the MUT relates to the request ID's in EVOScan. I noticed you didn't mention anything about 1 byte logging though. How would I go about figuring out what hex I need to set the MUT values 0c, 0d, 0e, and 0f to log STFT and LTFT so I don't have to enable open loop and disable the immobilizer? I only watched the first three vids and I'll watch the rest tomorrow. I was really close to skipping the log section (vid 3) but decided to watch it anyway. This video does have more tuning information that wasn't related to reading the logs, so I recommend to anyone that watched the first video to watch all of them. Great job!

Last edited by D-VO; Nov 14, 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: glitch
Old Nov 12, 2009, 03:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cassidyb

The open port 1.3R will only log and flash using EVOscan. You can NOT flash using ecuflash with the 1.3R.

The cable to buy is the open port 1.3U
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:32 AM

After reading a bit through the thread I think i am the only one who cant view the videos. I am on a mac and using flip4mac, but i also tried opening these videos in windows on my mac via parallels and i only get audio at best. What codec do i need to view the visuals? what the heck did you make these videos on?

Quick Reply: Training Videos: How to tune an Evo with EcuFlash