Notices
ECU Flash

ISCV control system disassembly

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Appauldd
Bumpity for more ROM addresses for the new ISCV findings.
If I had time, I'd dig into it, but life's pretty busy these days. These are kinda tough tables to find too, so it might be a while before they show up for ROMs other than 88590015.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
If I had time, I'd dig into it, but life's pretty busy these days. These are kinda tough tables to find too, so it might be a while before they show up for ROMs other than 88590015.
I eagerly await your findings. No rush needed....my car runs great without the new findings. BISS solved my AC idle issue.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed that upon very light throttle, such as going down a slight hill maintaining speed, the afr is going pretty fat.

didn't notice the load but it had to have been in closed loop, so its a mandated situation that I must have put myself in with cams or something, as it seems very odd for mitsu to have designed.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So for 88590015, has anyone solved revhang yet? I have the idle stepper table tweaked in the last row (41* I think), but my cold starts are impossible.

Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2009, 02:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by house_of_senate
So for 88590015, has anyone solved revhang yet? I have the idle stepper table tweaked in the last row (41* I think), but my cold starts are impossible.

Thanks
We are working on it in another thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ttle-hang.html

We are trying a fix all ROMs in that thread, not just 9653.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
During the 'SAS Mode' setting using Evoscan's actuator test (which usually is used to set the BISS), it SHOULD lock the IAC in its center position. Not sure if this is one of the unknown routines (E?) that MrFred came across? Since I can't engage the actuator AND datalog, I can't confirm that it does infact lock the IAC's stepper position.

If someone could track down HOW the ECU gets put into this test mode so we can manually do it,rather than use Evoscan, that would ROCK. The older Eclipses have a test plug under the hood that you need to ground to activate this test mode manually but I can't find info ANYWHERE to confirm whether it can be triggered manually.

If you energize the STARTER input wire on the ECU, it locks the timing at base timing while cranking for easier startup but IDK if the IAC gets locked in center position too during this cycle. *shrug*

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 7, 2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My idle bounces around some. It does it really a lot on my cousins 04 Evo 8, which I have running the same basic v7t5 ROM as my car. His just bounces up and down constantly by maybe a couple hundred RPMs. Mine goes down and sounds perfect, and then it goes to like 12-1300 for a few seconds, and then back down for a few seconds. Is it going up because one of those adder tables is being used, not used, used, not used . . . ? Or what could be changing the ISCV demand like that? I have yet to log it, but I can and post my findings if that helps.

I am not experiencing any kind of 'throttle hang' issues that I've been reading about.

Last edited by jrohner; Oct 12, 2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 01:52 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For anyone curious, I have these tables in the "Idle" section of my XML (not sure where I got them) and they match the addresses just below that MrFred posted from his disassembly.

Desired ISCV initial step position with AC off-Drive
Desired ISCV initial step position with AC on-Neutral

"ISCV Demand CTS Adder #1** (sub_1F1F8, sub_1EA0C, sub_1F596) [sub_1EFC0]"
"ISCV Demand CTS Adder #1b*** (sub_1F2C6) [sub_1EFC0]" category="ISCV Control"

I'm not sure if MrFred defined them as such or if those labels are even correct. They did seem to add quite a bit to my ISCV demand when I modified them before.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by fostytou
For anyone curious, I have these tables in the "Idle" section of my XML (not sure where I got them) and they match the addresses just below that MrFred posted from his disassembly.

Desired ISCV initial step position with AC off-Drive
Desired ISCV initial step position with AC on-Neutral

"ISCV Demand CTS Adder #1** (sub_1F1F8, sub_1EA0C, sub_1F596) [sub_1EFC0]"
"ISCV Demand CTS Adder #1b*** (sub_1F2C6) [sub_1EFC0]" category="ISCV Control"

I'm not sure if MrFred defined them as such or if those labels are even correct. They did seem to add quite a bit to my ISCV demand when I modified them before.
The "Desired" tables were in the original release of ECUFlash for the Evo. They definitely don't have anything to do with being in neutral vs in drive. In fact, there's nothing in the Evo ROM code that differentiates between being in gear and being in neutral.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sry wrong thread.i think >_>

Last edited by hediki12; Dec 8, 2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
mrfred, if you are still watching this topic, in you opening page there is no idle rpm v temp table mentioned.
Was that an oversight or does it not exist?
I can see I need to re-write the idle control section of my tuning guide.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 05:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by merlin.oz
mrfred, if you are still watching this topic, in you opening page there is no idle rpm v temp table mentioned.
Was that an oversight or does it not exist?
I can see I need to re-write the idle control section of my tuning guide.
I've also worked out target idle rpm tables, but I didn't include them here. They are in another thread. I should probably go through an review my work one of these days, but I've been so busy...
Old Mar 30, 2010, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

mrfred... i am running 9653 V7 rom on my car... both SD and non SD... and I have cams... basically most other parts the car is ok and idles fine... but with the AC on if i come to a stop and push in the clutch the revs will drop to about 500rpm then sometimes catch other times it will stall... is there a table that has fixed it.

all the tables are as stock but i changed all the values in the following to 0 to help with rev hang.
1. ISCV Demand RPM Adder [rpm > 4500, load > 170, speed > 12 mph]
2. ISCV Demand RPM Adder (Moderated by Baro, IATS) (FFFF6EA8) (sub_204B6) [sub_1EFC0]
Old Apr 2, 2010, 03:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
ziad, you could try bumping up the corrections in the ISCV Demand Target Idle Trim table.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

thanks mate i will have a play today hopefully

Quick Reply: ISCV control system disassembly