Notices
ECU Flash

OmniPower 4 bar settings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
If scaled at 1:1, i noticed that 29psi isnt 300kpa it was more like 240ish or so.

aaron
I think that depends on what RPM VE value its set at. If its 100% then it probably should be 290 kPa yes?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Haha...I am in this exact same boat. ...Those things won't move at all. I also read the only place you can get the plug is off of the main harness.....not seperately.....thus why I will wait to see what you find out. LOL. Let me know what you hear.
OK, I swapped my wires just now.

First off, you need a very small screwdriver. I used a 1.4mm and that was a tad too big, but it still worked. I'm thinking a 3/64" or smaller may work better.

Anyway, when you take the metal clip off, pull off the plug, then remove the plastic retaining clip.

Then, looking into the plug, there is hole on top of the hole that the pins are in. What you need to do is slide the screwdriver down that other hole, while angling it towards the pin (so it's sort of scraping the pin). Then when you get to the bottom of travel, gently pry the screwdriver away from the pin. There is a little latch there that the pin snaps past, so that it can't be removed. Once you pry that little latch up, try to hold it there and use your other hand to pull the wire out. It should slide out pretty easily.

Here is my attempt at drawing a picture with _ and |

Code:
  ______
 |      |   <--- hole
 _|____|_   <--- insert screwdriver here, angled toward pin, then pry up at end
|        |
|        |  <--- pin
|________|
Eric

Last edited by l2r99gst; Jun 4, 2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
I think that depends on what RPM VE value its set at. If its 100% then it probably should be 290 kPa yes?
True, the RPM VE at that given point also needs to be at 100.

100 KPa = 14.5psi = 1 bar
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by l2r99gst

First off, you need a very small screwdriver. .....

Eric, thanks a ton for this post. Did as shown and worked like a charm.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst

First off, you need a very small screwdriver. I used a 1.4mm and that was a tad too big, but it still worked. I'm thinking a 3/64" or smaller may work better.

Anyway, when you take the metal clip off, pull off the plug, then remove the plastic retaining clip.

Then, looking into the plug, there is hole on top of the hole that the pins are in. What you need to do is slide the screwdriver down that other hole, while angling it towards the pin (so it's sort of scraping the pin). Then when you get to the bottom of travel, gently pry the screwdriver away from the pin. There is a little latch there that the pin snaps past, so that it can't be removed. Once you pry that little latch up, try to hold it there and use your other hand to pull the wire out. It should slide out pretty easily.

Here is my attempt at drawing a picture with _ and |

Code:
  ______
 |      |   <--- hole
 _|____|_   <--- insert screwdriver here, angled toward pin, then pry up at end
|        |
|        |  <--- pin
|________|
Eric
Could you possibly elaborate on this? I can't find the hole to put the screwdriver in (That's what she said.) Could you take some pics of the how to process on this? I just can't figure it out with your diagram. Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 03:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Macaroni
Could you possibly elaborate on this? I can't find the hole to put the screwdriver in (That's what she said.) Could you take some pics of the how to process on this? I just can't figure it out with your diagram. Thanks!

Josh its on the connector where the wires go into it.

I did some fine tuning on mine today and everything seems to be running great.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not that stupid man. I know where to pull the wires out... I need a picture how to on how he got the wires to come free.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 04:53 PM
Account Disabled

I'm not that stupid man. I know where to pull the wires out... I need a picture how to on how he got the wires to come free.
Im not calling you stupid man, Im just trying to help you understand. I mean theres already a diagram he made with instructions so I guess I dont see what your having a hard time understanding.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'll tell you what...pull the plug on your car and take a picture of the face of the plug. I can then edit the picture to show where to insert the screwdriver.

There should be three pin connectors each in their own hole and another hole above each of those three holes. My picture was a crude diagram of just one of three pin connectors and it's corresponding hole and hole above it (as if you were looking into the plug).
Old Jun 9, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

I did exactly as you said but yet it didn't move or budge at all so I guess I'm doing it wrong. I'll go take pics of it now.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

edit

Last edited by Macaroni; Jun 9, 2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

You're drawing is just upside down from mine and yours shows three pins where mine showed just one.

But, yes, you insert the screwdriver (it has to be a very, very small screwdriver) into that hole, angled toward the pin. Once you reach the bottom, you them pull/pry away from the pin and hold it there. That releases the latch that holds the pin in there.

If you look closely, the hole looks more like my drawing, where it narrow before connecting to the pin hole. That is how small the screwdriver should be...it needs to fit in there.

Last edited by l2r99gst; Jun 9, 2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Ah ok haha I got it now. I though your diagram was the side of the connector haha. Thanks man!
Old Jul 2, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Bringing this topic back. Did the MAP sensors get added to your store? Maybe I am looking in the wrong sections, but I don't see them in the Electronics section.

Thanks for all the information in setting this up. I'm looking forward to being able to log boost soon.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

After installing the omni 4 bar and implementing the proper changes found here and on mrfred's thread, I have found that I'm getting a bad lean condition after boosting then adjusting the throttle back slightly, but still boosting. I loose power, it stumbles for a second, then the afr goes back to normal, all while having the throttle in the previous adjusted position. Can anyone help?

Last edited by D-VO; Aug 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: cant add logs

Quick Reply: OmniPower 4 bar settings