Notices
ECU Flash

Evoscan - disconnecting on logging runs?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 01:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Evoscan - disconnecting on logging runs?

Hi all, I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me with a problem I'm having whilst trying to log data runs with Evoscan on my JDM Evo VIII with stage one mods.

I'm using an openport cable (not sure which version) that I've had for around 18 months and initially it was fine for logging all the OBDII data and my LC-1 kit via Evoscan (version 2.4).

I only log intermittently with it, so often go months without using it, but about a year ago it started disconnecting of its own accord during logging runs.

Other people have used their cable and laptop to log my car with Evoscan without any issues, but the last time I took it out, it would disconnect 5 or 6 times on a 2 minute logging run of back to back WOT runs, losing a few seconds of data before reconnecting each time.

I also tried my cable and laptop on a different car recently and had the same issue.

As far as I can tell it only loses connection when the car is being pushed hard, and presumably the data is coming thick and fast. As it will stay connected for minutes at a time at low throttle.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? I'm assuming it's a cable or laptop issue given that the problem follows my set up on different cars and dissappears when other people use their logging set up on mine?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 03:16 AM
Former Sponsor

I wonder if its a voltage problem, can you tell if the voltage is getting too low at high throttle?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
I wonder if its a voltage problem, can you tell if the voltage is getting too low at high throttle?

I could log voltage via Evo scan which should tell me whether the voltage drops off, couldn't I? I'll give it a go this weekend.

The reason I'm assuming it's not an issue with anything on the car is because I've used my kit on another car with the same issue and someone else has used their kit on my car with no problem.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys finally got my evo scan and ecu flush, now start wid the ecu flush, once flush was over my ecu had no definations!!! its a 2001 model evo 7 ne1 have a stock ecu hex file dat has defination enclose the pic
Attached Thumbnails Evoscan - disconnecting on logging runs?-pic-evo-ecu-flash.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Youngsyr
Hi all, I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me with a problem I'm having whilst trying to log data runs with Evoscan on my JDM Evo VIII with stage one mods.

I'm using an openport cable (not sure which version) that I've had for around 18 months and initially it was fine for logging all the OBDII data and my LC-1 kit via Evoscan (version 2.4).

I only log intermittently with it, so often go months without using it, but about a year ago it started disconnecting of its own accord during logging runs.

Other people have used their cable and laptop to log my car with Evoscan without any issues, but the last time I took it out, it would disconnect 5 or 6 times on a 2 minute logging run of back to back WOT runs, losing a few seconds of data before reconnecting each time.

I also tried my cable and laptop on a different car recently and had the same issue.

As far as I can tell it only loses connection when the car is being pushed hard, and presumably the data is coming thick and fast. As it will stay connected for minutes at a time at low throttle.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? I'm assuming it's a cable or laptop issue given that the problem follows my set up on different cars and dissappears when other people use their logging set up on mine?
I had the same problem and Bryan / Razorlab / GST suggested that I reinstall the USB drivers....I have but have not tried logging since, so I cannot say whether it resolved the issue. That said, Bryan said he had this happen numerous times and the solution is a PITA but works. Good luck