Notices
ECU Flash

Virtual Dyno Room-Dyno Simulator

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1^ I usually start logging about 2500 rpms then WOT to redline and cut the log right after I cut the gas seems to work fine for me.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evonewb29: I dont think they were using VDR ...
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bbarnhill
shouldnt matter if you installed with a previous version as it will auto update to the latest version. I just graphed it as well and it looked fine to me.

Goto Start -> Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Make sure its set on English (United States) and see if that helps.
ohhhhh yessss!!!! that's it the solution, now works fine, thanks dude!!!!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:23 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jonmorera
Hi guys!!! I have a problem with this program, I can't do a good dyno, I'm doing something wrong, the program shows excessive hp and torque. This is my log file maybe someone can check:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...tor-jonlog.zip
Hi Jonmorera,
I tried it in virtual Dyno for you, and I tried your log in EvoScan v2.9 beta… not so great pile of knock sum 13 you have at the end there, even though it’s quite rich in fuel, do you have a boost sensor you can log also?

Oops I just noticed EvoScan beta v2.9 has the HP and Torque @rpm around the wrong sides. I better fix that.

Couple of things I noticed… In EvoScan I had to set drag co-efficient all the way to 0.5 to make the same hp as VD1.1.4 which only has a drag co-efficient of 0.38… I’m guessing my horsepower calculations work slightly differently than virtual dynos. I might have to reprogram my hp calculations a bit to match up? any ideas Brad?

Originally Posted by evonewb29
hey jonmerera,
I had the same problem too when i was trying to import to VD1.1.4. I would just go back through evoscan, locate the time of the pull, and than copy and paste only the run data into the simulator when viewing the log in exell. It worked fine everytime since. too much data confuses VD1.1.4
evonewb, EvoScan v2.9beta can import files, and will split out all the Power Runs without having to edit the csv files first. And can display power graphs as you are driving in realtime. Brad, perhaps Virtual Dyno could find multiple runs in a single csv file too? so that we don't have to edit them in excel all the time first?

Originally Posted by bbarnhill
Goto Start -> Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Make sure its set on English (United States) and see if that helps.
Brad you could program it so that those countries that use commas as decimal seperators will still work without changing their regional settings. I programmed into EvoScan a few years ago to replace all commas with decimal points. that way .net can process the calculations correctly.

I noticed in Virtual Dyno even with boost/afr smoothing turned off, I still couldn't see the real 13.2 AFR reading @ 4125rpm that I could see in EvoScan … might be still some form of spline chart series smoothing Brad? can you turn that off?

Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
Hi Jonmorera,
I tried it in virtual Dyno for you, and I tried your log in EvoScan v2.9 beta… not so great pile of knock sum 13 you have at the end there, even though it’s quite rich in fuel, do you have a boost sensor you can log also?
Yes but I have 13 knock just when I remove the foot from throttle, maybe the engine do some noice when the run is finished.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Progress