Cold start enrichment for 94170015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Cold start enrichment for 94170015

Hi guys,

I've looked but can not find them.

Does anyone have the xml to put into ROM 94170015 for cold start enrichment?

It is the last missing link to having my car run 100%. It doesn't start well on E85 when it's cold in the mornings.

I guess my next question is going to be to Tephra, any chance of adding cold start enrichment alt maps to the next version? It would be very handy for E85 vs gasoline.

Thank you all.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another thing that might be causing you issues w/cold start is "initial start up ignition retard"....which can be disabled through the (FAA) Periphery bits
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks stealth, I am pretty certain that it is a fueling issue. The car starts perfectly on pump gas. On E85 it starts hard, generally 3-4 attempts and then it fires and when it does it is the AFR's are lean until the car is up nearly full temp. That makes me fairly certain it is in the warm up enrichment tables.

I see the table in my EVO9 ROM's but not the 0017 I'm running in the '03.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am not seeing that table for 96530006 or 94170015.

If it is E-85 you are probably on the right track. Post in the Alternative Fuel area to see what the E-85 Evo 8 guys are doing to combat this.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

your search skills are weak.....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ent-table.html

Originally Posted by Mattjin
Yes someone did post them, but under different names. The scaling doesn't really matter, just so long as you know that increasing the number adds fuel and decreasing subtracts fuel.

These are what I have for 94170015:

<table name="Post Primer Enrich Decay #1" category="Fuel" address="3712" type="2D" level="2" scaling="EnrichmentAdj">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="67bc" type="X Axis" elements="9" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Post Primer Enrich Decay #2" category="Fuel" address="3722" type="2D" level="2" scaling="EnrichmentAdj">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="67bc" type="X Axis" elements="9" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Post Primer Enrich #1" category="Fuel" address="3732" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>

<table name="Post Primer Enrich #2" category="Fuel" address="3742" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>

<table name="Primer Cranking Enrich - First Pulse" category="Fuel" address="3810" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="67d8" type="X Axis" elements="11" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

There are actually a few more maps linked to these that are not in other Evo 7 or 8 roms, but being completely untested I have left them out.
Also here is all the search info in the above posted thread link for the 94170015 rom.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...rchid=11097842

Last edited by travman; Jun 23, 2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

actually its more like the 'search' feature for v bulletin sucks ***. I've done searches for threads that *I* started with the title *I* used and it comes up with nothing or 45 pages of unrelated ****
Old Jun 23, 2009, 01:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by travman
your search skills are weak.....
Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by linuxman51
actually its more like the 'search' feature for v bulletin sucks ***. I've done searches for threads that *I* started with the title *I* used and it comes up with nothing or 45 pages of unrelated ****
Completely agree.

A better way to search is with google...just add site:forums.evolutionm.net to your search.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by linuxman51
OFF TOPIC: But want to post to help with some tips

use the advanced search options

search "titles only"

Search in a specific area of evom if you know its related to a thread topic.

*** The more you narrow down the search limits the better info you will get. The search function works just fine, just need to use it correctly.

Also once you find a large thread that could have your info, you can then do a secondary search inside the thread to find the actual posts the info is in....

- I haven't had any problems finding info I need on here, I have to disagree that the search engine sucks.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I always use advanced search....I have searched for threads that I have made by exact title and even keywords in the title and it still doesnt find it. I narrow it by my username and the subforum and it still doesn't find it.

I agree that the search is good enough usually, but it does suck. Google is a million times better with the site:forums.evolutionm.net parameter.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Whatever, I'm an idiot, as long as that makes someone/anyone happy it's fine by me.

Bottom line is, thank you for the information, it's what I wanted/needed and I'm happy to get it.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
David, you should look at converting to 96350006. From what's been seen, it will support ANY USDM EVO 8, thus allowing you to only worry about a single EVO 8 ROM xml file. You will need to change some immobilizer entries on the ROM, but it's very minor.

Gearhead has a very complete XML file for it and has converted a couple 94170015 and 96420008s over to it.

I've got a very complete 94170015 xml file as well if you are stubborn. Feel free to hit me up if you need something for it, as I have spent A LOT of time rummaging through all the threads in here to get my XML file as complete as possible. [Why else do you think I haven't been harassing you much lately. ]
Old Jun 23, 2009, 03:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
David, you should look at converting to 96350006. From what's been seen, it will support ANY USDM EVO 8, thus allowing you to only worry about a single EVO 8 ROM xml file. You will need to change some immobilizer entries on the ROM, but it's very minor.

Gearhead has a very complete XML file for it and has converted a couple 94170015 and 96420008s over to it.

I've got a very complete 94170015 xml file as well if you are stubborn. Feel free to hit me up if you need something for it, as I have spent A LOT of time rummaging through all the threads in here to get my XML file as complete as possible. [Why else do you think I haven't been harassing you much lately. ]
I have had a couple of idle issues on 8s converting to 96350006.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

I just converted another '03(94170008) this past weekend, idled good & didn't even get a PO505. I also passed UT emissions in my car today using the acamus OBD monitor patch. I don't know what I'm doing right but I haven't really run into any issues.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

off topic some more

Originally Posted by travman
OFF TOPIC: But want to post to help with some tips

use the advanced search options

search "titles only"

Search in a specific area of evom if you know its related to a thread topic.

*** The more you narrow down the search limits the better info you will get. The search function works just fine, just need to use it correctly.

Also once you find a large thread that could have your info, you can then do a secondary search inside the thread to find the actual posts the info is in....

- I haven't had any problems finding info I need on here, I have to disagree that the search engine sucks.
I've been using VB powered forums for the better part of this decade. the internal search engine is garbage. You can occasionally get what you want from the advanced search, but thats about it.

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
I always use advanced search....I have searched for threads that I have made by exact title and even keywords in the title and it still doesnt find it. I narrow it by my username and the subforum and it still doesn't find it.

I agree that the search is good enough usually, but it does suck. Google is a million times better with the site:forums.evolutionm.net parameter.
^ this would be the preferred method altho if you don't frequently search forums its easy to forget.

Quick Reply: Cold start enrichment for 94170015