ECU Flash

3 bar JDM Map Sensor harness EDM Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 bar JDM Map Sensor harness EDM Evo IX

Hi guys,

Since I try to find more infos about how to log boost on my EDM evo 9 using a JDM 3bar MAP sensor I would like to write the steps that I intend to do in order to make this working. c

I need your oppinion about this in order to be sure that I will do the right thing.

EVO 9 ECU is a 3plug CONNECTOR type.

Because I don`t have a MAP sensor or harness for MAP sensor I must make a manual connection to the sensor directly into the ECU.

I already order the pinn harness (evo IX type) for the ECU this weekend.

The MAP sensor has 3 wires, 5v(pinn 42), 0v(pinn 49) and signal (pinn 92).

Steps are like fallows:

I intend to use a GM3 bar wiring sistem because it has 3 wires A B C

Since I already have a GM3 boost solenoid installed I will use a T (A small piece of plastic and some boost hose (30cm should be plenty depending where I will install the MAP sensor). Probably I will use the T from the old sistem of my boost solenoid.

I will install the vacum hose from the MAP and GM sensor into a vacuum line in the engine bay from the manifold by using this T.

I will secure the hose connections so they don’t pop off under boost using a tape connection band until the MAP.

I don`t know if I must intoduce the scallings into Evoscan in order to log boost.

Also for my GM3 port I must introduce some scallings in order to read the solenoid into Evoscan because still I have no signal when I use Evoscan.

This mod is only to log boost through the ECU.

I hope mrfred direct boost control patch will work fine after the installation.

Please help me with the scallings for MAP and GM sensor in Evoscan in order to see the results.

Please fell free to add everything that you consider that I get into the wrong direction.

Thanks

Daniel
Old Jul 3, 2009, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

This is a USDM IM
You can see the MAP sensor attached over it

This is my IM.

As you see I must drill out the IM in order to fit the MAP sensor in OEM location

If I will drill that hole I still must do the harness for the sensor from the sensor to the ECU.

What I don`t know if why I can`t make the connection of this sensor somewhere else into the engine compartment and to make the harness manualy or to use a allready made connectors if is exist on the market.

My ideea was to use a T part hose connectors like I had for my old vacuum hoses to the boost solenoid and to connect that in the same locations where I connect the GM3 port into the intake.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.jmfabrications.com/site/i...mart&Itemid=58

This part would allow you to mount that map sensor without drilling the manifold if you would like ideas for another option. It says that it is for 2g DSMs but the physical dimensions of the sensors are identical.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks a lot man.....